PDA

View Full Version : Tidying up the address book.

scaraben
06-Dec-07, 13:15
I have Vista operating system with Windows mail I've tried to put my list my list of contacts in the address book in alphabetical order, but with little success......how do you do this ??

Mr_Me19
06-Dec-07, 19:32
I don't use vista (yet) so im not entirely sure but I think that if there is a list of them (like in XP) then click the small box at the top of the column labelled "Surname" (or "Name"/"Forename"). This should sort them into order.

embow
07-Dec-07, 08:02
Place cursor on little box next to where it says Send/Receive. It should say contacts. Click and open Contacts. Go to Name tab and click on little black down arrow. You should get a list of names. Click on Sort and you should be able to either put the list in alphabetical order (or reverse alphabetical order).
If you don't get a list of names then you need to firstly go to View and select List then go to Contacts and follow above.
Hope this makes sense.

scaraben
09-Dec-07, 15:19
Hi there embow...........Thank you for your reply to my question about putting my address book in alphabetical order. Following on what you said I DID GET the address book adjusted BUT>>>>>>
When I click "TO" on a fresh email the drop down menu is STILL unalphebetical ( if there's such a word !! ) Can you advise me further ?

embow
10-Dec-07, 08:04
If it's still "unalphabetical", is it just in reverse order? If so then click on the wee arrow up at the top beside Name and it will put it in the order of "A's" first etc. If it's all jumbled up then currently I don't know the answer. I'm assuming that all your names are Surname first or maybe forename first----not like mine where it's a mix of both and can't be bothered to tidy it up!!

scaraben
10-Dec-07, 11:47
I guess I will have to be content with it being untidy !!! >>>>>>>>>>>> It did not sort out the problem !! Thanks anyway for your advice.