PDA

View Full Version : Dog Looking for a new home

justine
06-Dec-07, 12:20
Hi well i have had to come to the hard decision of having to rehome our dog..Through no fault of his own,, He is looking for someone who can give him alot more time than i can at the moment. He is a big dog and needs plenty of time out of the house, which unfortunately i cannot give him...He is fantastic with kids, cats and as far as we have observed other dogs...He walks fine on his harness, and he is a friendly dog, he just needs someone who can spend alot more time with him than i can at the moment. I have phoned balmore and they have taken my details...This is a very hard thing that i am having to do as some will know that i am a pure animal lover, but i cannot give him what he needs, which is not fair on him...Please pm if interested.I will not rehome him to just anyone.....Thanks in advance justine

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/grandma2007/bingo2a.jpg (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/grandma2007/bingo2a.jpg)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/grandma2007/iamakillerrealy.jpg

Hi is a big dog, Staghound x German Shepherd, 5 yrs old full of beans(not literally)

mccaugm
06-Dec-07, 12:24
I would love to but am allergic to dogs but reckon that a photo/description of your dog would help prospective new owners.

unicorn
06-Dec-07, 13:12
Having met him I will vouch for this lad he is absolutely lovely and Justine has trained him well. He is definately a big lad but so gentle with the little kids.
I hope you find a lovely home for him Justine.

Liz
06-Dec-07, 13:34
Oh Justine I know this must be so hard for you and it is so unselfish of you to look for a home for him where he will get more exercise.

He looks like a lovely dog and I really hope you find a good home for him soon.

justine
06-Dec-07, 13:44
Thanks ladies...This is one of the hardest things i have had to do.We took bingo in and he is part of our extended family, and to have to rehome him is horrible, it is like getting rid of one of my children, which as some know are the dearest parts of my life...I love and adore bingo and i hate being so unfair with him..But i would rather see him happy with a loving home than miserable with me, knowing that it is my fault that he is that way...I wish there was another way around this but i have no where else to look..This is a vary sad time for me....

Bakerbhoy
06-Dec-07, 19:23
Hi

Dogs are like part of your family, don't know what I would do without mine or the cat or the horse hahaha.

Have you thought about getting someone to walk him for you while you are out. I quite often take one of my friends dogs out for walks while she is at work.

justine
12-Dec-07, 15:57
Hi well we have decided not to rehome him as it will kill me. I will just have to make sure that i get him out and about as often as i can.....

unicorn
12-Dec-07, 16:07
Thats good news Justine :D Just tell the older kids that they get no food unless they have walked the first :lol: It would work for mine. Cruel woman that I am.

justine
12-Dec-07, 16:22
CHEERS UNICORN....I JUST CANT DO IT TO HIM.HE CAME FROM BALMORE AS A PUP TO A GOOD HOME AND THEN CAME TO US, SO I OWE IT TO HIM TOGIVE HIM THE BEST HE CAN HAVE..aS FOR THE KIDS YOU ARE JOKING, THEY DID START TAKING HIM OUT WHEN I WAS BUSY WITH KEONAH BUT IT STOPPED..i HAVE STARTED TO MAKE A POINT OF TAKING HIM OUTAGAIN FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, DOES ME GOOD ASWELL TO GET OUT FROM THE KIDS...

cuddlepop
12-Dec-07, 18:10
Justine so glad that you've managed to work out a routine whereby you and the dog get "Walkies" I'm sure it'll work out.:D

Fran
15-Dec-07, 04:12
Justine, I am so happy....and releived.... that you are keeping your dog and im sure you will be pleased. You will manage. I have a 7 year old labrador/collie cross who was himselfs dog and he is very much a mans dog. himself walked all over the town with him and they were always together.The dog loves his walks. I have found it hard since himself died to take the dog for walks as he does pull a little and I cannot walk far myself. My daughter and himselfs sister sometimes takes the dog for a walk. I went through a phase of thinking i should rehome him where he would get plenty of walks but then i thought walks arent everything and no one would give him the love I give him. I would never part with him, he has helped me so much through the last few weeks and is great company to me. I absolutely adore him aNd he is all I have left of himself really. I do take him out to a large space of ground and let him out to run around, he is very obedient, and of course i pick up any mess he makes. I dont know if there are any paid "dog walkers". I havent seen any adverts but i keep looking. I have gone on a bit, but just wanted to say its good you are keeping him. they are pasrt of the family arent they!!

justine
15-Dec-07, 11:11
Justine, I am so happy....and releived.... that you are keeping your dog and im sure you will be pleased. You will manage. I have a 7 year old labrador/collie cross who was himselfs dog and he is very much a mans dog. himself walked all over the town with him and they were always together.The dog loves his walks. I have found it hard since himself died to take the dog for walks as he does pull a little and I cannot walk far myself. My daughter and himselfs sister sometimes takes the dog for a walk. I went through a phase of thinking i should rehome him where he would get plenty of walks but then i thought walks arent everything and no one would give him the love I give him. I would never part with him, he has helped me so much through the last few weeks and is great company to me. I absolutely adore him aNd he is all I have left of himself really. I do take him out to a large space of ground and let him out to run around, he is very obedient, and of course i pick up any mess he makes. I dont know if there are any paid "dog walkers". I havent seen any adverts but i keep looking. I have gone on a bit, but just wanted to say its good you are keeping him. they are pasrt of the family arent they!!

Hi fran..thanks..I know how hard it must be for you, but you are right in saying that they are part of the family..I have been making the effort needed to make him a bit more happier than he has been lately...But i am having difficulties trying to fit him in around baby and schoolruns and the rest of my daily routine...But he is worth it...Bingo pulls alot so i invested in a harness and also i find a canvas muzzle helps keep him close to me...I take it off for some of the walk but i find it easier to deal with him with it on..I am sorry about you dear loved one it must be awful for you.I dont know what it is like to loose someone you love dearly..I will keep going with him...

starry
16-Dec-07, 19:20
Really glad you managed to work a way off keeping him x

Julia
22-Oct-08, 15:50
Sorry to see it didn't work out with Bingo, I saw him advertised today on the SSPCA website whilst looking for my sister's cat. :(

binbob
22-Oct-08, 16:21
well that is very sad for bingo..hopefully he will find a new home very soon.is he in balmore just now?????

dancingtaz13
23-Oct-08, 21:41
Bingo is still in the centre at present but we've had some interest in him so fingers crossed. :D

evelyn
23-Oct-08, 22:35
Hope you get a loving home for him as he is a really nice dog. I've met him when I've been out and about with my dogs and he is lovely....friendly with both humans and dogs.
evelyn

binbob
23-Oct-08, 22:42
Bingo is still in the centre at present but we've had some interest in him so fingers crossed. :Dwill u please let us know when bingo finds a new family???
thank u.

justine
24-Oct-08, 15:26
I too saw his pic on the sight and it hurts to see him, but unfortunately down to certain traits that bingo had he was going to cause an accident. Bingo is a great natured dog, great with kids and loves being pampered.
But he also likes as much outdoor time you can possibly give him.We would walk him for 3 hours at a time and when he got home and went into the garden he would clear the walls, which we heightened to stop him and went off on a walk of his own.
He was seen many a time wandering off up past homebase and was gonna cause an injury to himself or worse a car accident.We decided best course of action was to sign him over to the SSPCA who will hopefully find him the right home where he can be the outdoor dog he is.He is not suited to town life and prefers the open country.Sad time to let him go but curcimstances led to no other choise.:(

kriklah
24-Oct-08, 16:04
big hugs to you justine, i understand how hard the desision to rehome bingo was, i was there myself couple of years ago!! yove done a great job with his training, just his outdoor urges over-rule his common sence:confused. well hes gone full circle, back to the place he was born, perhaps it will be a rebirth to a new home for him, heres hoping.

justine
24-Oct-08, 16:28
Thanks kriklah, you understand more than me. He is such a great dog, loyal, obedient and fun, great dog for any home who can have him out with them all the time.He seems to lack the greyhound lounge around the house bit, and loves all that freedom. I know he will find a good home a he is a very laid back pleasent dog..We did speak to the vet about neutering him, but he said at his age it would not have helped combat the wandering.
Bingos safety and that of drivers was paramount in the decision to rehome him.God forbid he caused a fatal accident or was injured himself when off on a wander,
Unfortunately if i am in the house on my own and keonah is sleeping i was not in a position to go find him.If we got their quick enough we would catch him at the bottom of the street,but if not noticed within minutes of him walking off he was gone.I had the police on alert for him one night.I miss him and go to the site once a week to see if by any chance someone has seen him and offered him the home he deserves.

teenybash
24-Oct-08, 19:27
Ah Justine, how sad...........Your poor heart must be broken but, it will start to heal when you get the news that Bingo has found his new home..... You have done such a brave thing in parting with him for his own good. Blessings and hugs.

justine
25-Oct-08, 11:38
Ah Justine, how sad...........Your poor heart must be broken but, it will start to heal when you get the news that Bingo has found his new home..... You have done such a brave thing in parting with him for his own good. Blessings and hugs.

So why do i feel lousy about it. seeing his pic just makes it worse but i had a choise and had to make it.Tank our other dog who is smaller and cant make it over the wall misses him so much.I just hope that he does find the right home sooner than later. the thought of him being in balmore for too long is heart breaking.:(

teenybash
25-Oct-08, 14:35
So why do i feel lousy about it. seeing his pic just makes it worse but i had a choise and had to make it.Tank our other dog who is smaller and cant make it over the wall misses him so much.I just hope that he does find the right home sooner than later. the thought of him being in balmore for too long is heart breaking.:(

Justine, the answer is simple......you love him. I would, if I could go out there now and bring him home with me, but I have two old ladies both over thirteen. Someone out there will see him........sending you a Hug..... :~(

justine
25-Oct-08, 15:10
cheers teenybash.;)i do miss him and feel for him especially when i look at his pics and i have loads on my pc..Im hoping he can be given a good christmas present and rehomed.:)

Margaret M.
25-Oct-08, 15:41
Sounds like you did the right thing, Justine, tough as it must have been. I hope Bingo finds a home with space to run freely.

dancingtaz13
25-Oct-08, 21:52
Yes i will post as soon as Bingo finds his new home. x

Phoenix200416
26-Oct-08, 15:53
Oh Justine! I'm so sorry to hear about Bingo :( I thought I saw him on the SSPCA site but I wasn't 100% at the time...I know your doing whats best for him :) He's a great dog and will find a nice country home I'm sure :)

cuddlepop
26-Oct-08, 17:05
Justine you tried really hard to keep him but unfortunatly it wasnt meant to be.Your doing the right thing.
If its any consolation because he's been so loved he will find a new home , he's so friendly.:)