PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for the wife?

ChelseaFC
05-Dec-07, 21:37
Just a short note to say that xmas shopping for the wife today which is a job on its own but I had great service in Secrets Lingerie, discression, nice selection and also had it gift wrapped, what more could a man want! Hmm? :Razz

sam
05-Dec-07, 21:42
hope she doesnt come on here lol, or you will just have gave away what she is getting for christmas ;)

bluelady
05-Dec-07, 21:46
Hope you got e size right ;) welcome to e org :)

karia
05-Dec-07, 21:48
Just a short note to say that xmas shopping for the wife today which is a job on its own but I had great service in Secrets Lingerie, discression, nice selection and also had it gift wrapped, what more could a man want! Hmm?

That you bought it in the right size?

Too small and she feels fat!

Too big and..you think she is fat! (mucho worse!):roll:

You reckon you have Xmas sorted..we girls think you might be wrong!:lol:

karia

grumpyhippo
05-Dec-07, 21:58
That you bought it in the right size?

Too small and she feels fat!

Too big and..you think she is fat! (mucho worse!)

You reckon you have Xmas sorted..we girls think you might be wrong!

karia

To avoid this problem buy her a new hoover or iron or washing machine.....or..or..or.......:lol::lol:

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 22:01
awwww give the poor bloke a break [lol] at least he is trying and I am sure he knows his wife better than anyone :D

Boboowest
05-Dec-07, 22:02
I just went of the John Lewis web page "gifts for her" and bought every fifth item. Got a remote controlled helicopter there too... Bingo!

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 22:04
why every fifth???:confused

Julia
05-Dec-07, 22:10
Yes, I am intriqued too, why every fifth?

Boboowest
05-Dec-07, 22:10
Don't ask me I just need to fill the christmas stocking. I can't afford every third. I ordered everything from a hot water bottle to silk undies to an electronic mind trainer to a scottie dog purse.. Obviously I already bought the diamonds - honest I did.

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 22:14
It sounds like a fun stocking to open though [lol] I love my hot water bottle so much cosier than an electric blanket :D

Boboowest
05-Dec-07, 22:20
Stockings are great. Normally a load of tat in them but fun to open up. At least the Terrys chocolate orange will be in there somewhere. That's enough high positive festive spirit from me, must return to grumpy old man. I hate Christmas[evil]

Boboowest
05-Dec-07, 22:49
I remember one Christmas going to a shop called (i think) la senna in Dundee shopping ctr. It was full of women, saucy undies and me. The girl asked if she could help me. I said just said "yes". "With what sir?" "I want some saucy undies for my wife's christmas" OK, what colour sir" " don't know, red i guess" What did I pick red? I mean red is stop, should I have asked for green? She continued with the torture - "what size sir?" "ummm I guess about the same as you" while hold my hands in a cup shape. "34 B sir?" "sounds about right". "these are £38" " WHAT!! 38 notes! Oh I better phone my daughter first to check the size." ring ring ring. "Hi, it's dad - I' m in le senna how big are your mums .... I mean what cup.....you know." "36 B dad" "Thanks, bye" "They are 36 wide x b across, have you got one that big?" "Yes sir, gift wrapped?" "oh yes please" Still she loved them christmas morning.

I guess 1000's of men do this every year.

golach
05-Dec-07, 22:53
Just a short note to say that xmas shopping for the wife today which is a job on its own but I had great service in Secrets Lingerie, discression, nice selection and also had it gift wrapped, what more could a man want! Hmm? :Razz
When I first saw the title of the thread, I was going to say, are you looking for a secondhand model, but I see, I was on the wrong track....drat:~(

karia
05-Dec-07, 23:15
I remember one Christmas going to a shop called (i think) la senna in Dundee shopping ctr. It was full of women, saucy undies and me. The girl asked if she could help me. I said just said "yes". "With what sir?" "I want some saucy undies for my wife's christmas" OK, what colour sir" " don't know, red i guess" What did I pick red? I mean red is stop, should I have asked for green? She continued with the torture - "what size sir?" "ummm I guess about the same as you" while hold my hands in a cup shape. "34 B sir?" "sounds about right". "these are £38" " WHAT!! 38 notes! Oh I better phone my daughter first to check the size." ring ring ring. "Hi, it's dad - I' m in le senna how big are your mums .... I mean what cup.....you know." "36 B dad" "Thanks, bye" "They are 36 wide x b across, have you got one that big?" "Yes sir, gift wrapped?" "oh yes please" Still she loved them christmas morning.

I guess 1000's of men do this every year.

But only 100's get to see the fireworks..and so many more get themselves banned!:roll:

karia

gixer
07-Dec-07, 13:33
It is great that we have a lingrie shop on our door step that is not a large retail chain and has that personal touch , I have been in Secrets and i found it much less embarrassing and felt relaxed buying lingrie for my wife, and yes she helped me with get the right size.:Razz