PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing?

superted
05-Dec-07, 20:34
Anyone got good stuffing recipes?

Julia
05-Dec-07, 22:07
My absolute favourite is Paxo, add water, butter and bake! I know that is not what you meant but I can't see past the stuff.

Otherwise you may like to try parsley, lemon and thyme stuffing

1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
75g white breadcrumbs
Small handful of fresh parsley
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
zest of 1 small lemon
1 medium egg yolk
Put the onion and garlic in a heatproof bowl with the oil and stir. Microwave on high for 3 minutes until the onions are softened. .

Tip the breadcrumbs into the bowl with the onion and garlic. Chop the fresh parsley and add it and thyme, add lemon zest and juice from discarded lemon, add egg yolk, add seasoning , mix well and cool in fridge.

superted
05-Dec-07, 22:25
Mmm sounds great...going to try that this weekend...

Tugmistress
05-Dec-07, 22:49
I do one of two things, just get the ordinary stuffing mix and add either sausage meat or a great dollop of lumpy apple sauce depending on what my fancy is at the time :D roll it into balls and bake

shazzap
06-Dec-07, 00:30
I buy stuffing mix and add sauasage meat ,onion, garlic and a mixture of crushed nuts

poppett
06-Dec-07, 21:33
I use a skinned white pudding baked in the oven for half an hour. Perfection every time.

htwood
07-Dec-07, 05:07
Fry 2 sliced apples, 2 cups chopped celery and a chopped onion in half stick butter. Also fry up some chopped bacon. toss it all together with bread cubes, some fresh sage leves and a cup of toasted hazelnut pieces. If its dry, add some chicken broth. I bake it for about 30 minutes in medium oven, uncovered last 10 mins so the top gets browned.