PDA

View Full Version : 101 things to do with old xmas cards ????

paris
05-Dec-07, 20:25
Any idea`s then guys and gals....and keep it clean ! jan x:lol:

cuddlepop
05-Dec-07, 20:36
The usual culprits.

Bookmark
Calander.
Jigsaw.

Recycle bin is my favoured option.Kids too big now to do any of the above:lol:

kc
05-Dec-07, 20:37
I cut them up for the next years gift tags!!

kriklah
05-Dec-07, 20:39
That reminds me........ive kept old ones from past couple of years, and i cut out the pictures/stars/snoflakes etc and kept them in a box. This years plan, now the younger kids are old enough to handle scissor/glue is to get them making their own decorations and new cards. Tonight we started our project of making snowmen to hang from the ceiling ( made with cottonwool/felt/ looroll tubes etc). Now youve reminded me about the old cards ill have to go dig them out to use aswell

wifie
05-Dec-07, 22:43
any decent wee pics cut out for gift tags and keep the fronts of all cards in a box by the phone for lists and messages - recycle bin for the rest and these when they have been used for lists

paris
06-Dec-07, 09:29
Ive done the xmas tag thingy but just thought there must be something really useful to do with them. jan x

nikki
06-Dec-07, 10:48
I remember when I was younger learning how to use the cards from the year before to make boxes to put the presents in, if they were small enough. The front of the card would be the lid and the back of the card was the bottom bit.

alanatkie
06-Dec-07, 11:43
If you have a laminator you could stick the cards on an A4 piece of card & make Christmas Place mats or coasters.

Here is a link to make the boxes Nikki suggested

http://www.kinderart.com/recycle/cardbox.shtml

ellie-lou
06-Dec-07, 12:00
heard tescos will be taking old xmas cards in december,so thats where mine will b going.:D

Dadie
06-Dec-07, 13:10
gift tags, kids can cut them up to make christmas cards this year or you could use the front as postcards for magazine competitions..

changilass
06-Dec-07, 13:51
Gonna use ours to send thank you cards for the wee ones pressies, then cut up the rest for next years gift tags, the bits that can't be used will go to help light the fire, so no wasteage here :D