PDA

View Full Version : Strange but true.

cuddlepop
05-Dec-07, 13:38
We've had supernatural threads on before so bare with me.

We live in a house thats only ever been lived in by one other family.This family had been in the house over thirty years when the council decided to reglad it,put central heating in and double glass it.The old lady was only in it a few weeks when she fell and hurt herself.

Unfortunatly she never fully recoverd and died about four years ago this month.She died in hospital and not here.

We'll have been in this house four years in January and I could write a book about the strange things that have happened here:eek:

What has really made me think that something is not right is that last night the power tripped to the down stairs sockets.
It was 5am and nothing I could do would keep the main switch on.Gave in and phoned OH.

Switched all sockets off and put them back on one at a time.Got to the newish fridge freezer and ping it went back off.Pulled the switch out the wall and it was wet.
It wasn't condensation it was wet.

Now I've emptied the freezer,dried inside and switched it back on.

Its working.

Anyone reason this out?:confused

TBH
05-Dec-07, 13:52
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't codensation, maybe a faulty heat exchanger at the back of the appliance?

cuddlepop
05-Dec-07, 13:55
How would condensation get on the pins of the plug and why then.

Nothing was on in the kitchen,no tumble drierer heater etc.The floor wasn't wet,it wasn't wet anywher else round about it.:confused

TBH
05-Dec-07, 14:02
How would condensation get on the pins of the plug and why then.

Nothing was on in the kitchen,no tumble drierer heater etc.The floor wasn't wet,it wasn't wet anywher else round about it.:confusedThere isn't much to stop the flow of water round the plug and into the socket, therefore onto the pins.
why then, maybe it just gave up the ghost then, try drying out the heat exchanger with a hairdryer, that should solve the problem temporarily, call in an engineer as these things can ice up when faulty, probably the cause of the wet plug if they are quite near each other.

lady penelope
05-Dec-07, 22:42
Cuddlepop
How old is your house? Is it an old damp house or is your bathroom or loo above where the plug is? It is possible an outside wall is letting water in.
Maybe it's the old lady.She unplugged it and dipped it in the sink!:eek:

Bobinovich
05-Dec-07, 22:48
I'd go with Lady P - turn off the electric and open up the socket that it was plugged into. You might find you've got a leak somewhere (pipes, walls, etc.) which has allowed water into the socket.

We had a similar problem when our daughter flooded the upstairs bathroom - light switches & sockets in teh kitchen below were soaked from the inside by water coming down from above.

cuddlepop
06-Dec-07, 10:44
The socket goes into the wall thats back to back with my neighbourghs.
OH will investigate when he's home tomorrow night.He was freaked out a few weeks ago when he heard footsteps walking over the gravel towards him and no one was there.:eek:
He actually felt someone was there but there wasn't.Dogs weren't out with him at the time.

Serves him right for having a 2am fag:lol:

The house is only about 40 years old so no great history there.

horseman
06-Dec-07, 17:14
Cuddles you should have dogs out with you at all times, they will sence everything that is about.

Rheghead
06-Dec-07, 17:25
Switched all sockets off and put them back on one at a time.Got to the newish fridge freezer and ping it went back off.Pulled the switch out the wall and it was wet.
It wasn't condensation it was wet.

Now I've emptied the freezer,dried inside and switched it back on.

Its working.

Anyone reason this out?:confused

This thing exactly happened to me, and the sockets went off. It confused the eebie jeebies out of me at the time, and then I took apart the socket and the contents was wet like you said. The thing was, the liquid was definity yellowish and ammonia like in smell. The dog had peed on the socket quite some time previous and mrs had just wiped the outside of the socket without a thought for the inside.

Perhaps someone has spilled water ages ago and it has just short-circuited the fuse now?:confused

cuddlepop
06-Dec-07, 18:20
This thing exactly happened to me, and the sockets went off. It confused the eebie jeebies out of me at the time, and then I took apart the socket and the contents was wet like you said. The thing was, the liquid was definity yellowish and ammonia like in smell. The dog had peed on the socket quite some time previous and mrs had just wiped the outside of the socket without a thought for the inside.

Perhaps someone has spilled water ages ago and it has just short-circuited the fuse now?:confused
Its really difficult to spill anything down the wall and into the socket.The fridgefreezer is in a tight spot.
We're hoping I over watered the plants on the top of the fridge and somehow is spilled down the back :eek:

Horesman,the old dog wouldn't stay in the living room,which is off the kitchen and she alwas sleeps there.

Thats what made me think something wasn't right.

Like you said dogs can see and sense things we know nothing about.

TBH
07-Dec-07, 04:22
Its really difficult to spill anything down the wall and into the socket.The fridgefreezer is in a tight spot.
We're hoping I over watered the plants on the top of the fridge and somehow is spilled down the back :eek:

Horesman,the old dog wouldn't stay in the living room,which is off the kitchen and she alwas sleeps there.

Thats what made me think something wasn't right.

Like you said dogs can see and sense things we know nothing about.Maybe you should get the local catholic priest in to perform an exorcism as these things can spiral out of control.:confused

Margaret M.
07-Dec-07, 04:41
We've had supernatural threads on before so bare with me.

OK, I'm in my birthday suit, now what?

We'll have been in this house four years in January and I could write a book about the strange things that have happened here

Oh, I get it, I can see every goose bump. :)

cuddlepop
07-Dec-07, 10:22
Maybe you should get the local catholic priest in to perform an exorcism as these things can spiral out of control.:confused
Have seriously thought about it.
He's a lovely man and very approachable.
What if he really upsets her,that is if its her,she's free church.
Maybe what started it off was the christmas tree:eek: