PDA

View Full Version : One for the guys: How do you prefer a woman's hair?

Sporran
05-Dec-07, 06:01
You men folk have already been asked if you prefer women with or without makeup. So what are your preferences when it comes to a woman's hair? Short, medium or long? Straight, wavy or curly? Blonde, brunette or redhead?

Lolabelle
05-Dec-07, 07:50
You men folk have already been asked if you prefer women with or without makeup. So what are your preferences when it comes to a woman's hair? Short, medium or long? Straight, wavy or curly? Blonde, brunette or redhead?

Perhaps they prefer Bald??? :eek: [lol]

TRUCKER
05-Dec-07, 08:25
Short straight and brown haired .is what i like.

lazytown
05-Dec-07, 09:43
splayed out on the pillow beside me....:lol:

giggs
05-Dec-07, 09:46
Mmm, a bit of a tough question, i don't think i could dismiss any hair type, it all depends on the person who's wearing it.....i see nice looking women with all mixtures of hairstyles that really suit them, but i s'pose at a push, i would say short to med length, straight brunette with a few lighter highlights...........mmmmm lovely.

SNOWDOG
05-Dec-07, 10:36
Short and dark! ;)

johno
05-Dec-07, 10:50
straight. long blonde and as lazytown said on the pillow next to me. ;)

Royster1911
05-Dec-07, 11:28
Not a detachable hatch:~(

TBH
05-Dec-07, 12:23
I like bald women, Mmmmmm.

scorrie
05-Dec-07, 12:47
splayed out on the pillow beside me....:lol:

Not much cop if it's just a syrup though!!

brew
05-Dec-07, 19:15
Short and dark! ;)

Are you on about the woman or the hair?

brew
05-Dec-07, 19:25
My OH looks stunning when her hair is tied up. She dont always do it, but looks stunning and she knows it.

Ricco
07-Dec-07, 21:51
I'm sorry... I can only add two words to Lazytown's comment - 'Long and'. ;)

karia
07-Dec-07, 22:01
I'm sorry... I can only add two words to Lazytown's comment - 'Long and'. ;)

Welcome to our world!;)

Karia

Phoebus_Apollo
07-Dec-07, 22:54
I think that the on the "older" woman (40+) shorter hair looks better..on the younger women long/blonde/red is quite alluring..

Camel Spider
07-Dec-07, 22:54
Anything but a Redhead.

They scare me.

Julia
07-Dec-07, 22:55
I'm a bit surprised as I assumed most men preferred long hair...

Tugmistress
07-Dec-07, 23:41
I think that the on the "older" woman (40+) shorter hair looks better..on the younger women long/blonde/red is quite alluring..

hehe i guess i am doing it the wrong way round ;) had short hair in my younger days, now i am just going to grow old disgracefully and enjoy every minute of it :D

scorrie
08-Dec-07, 00:43
Anything but a Redhead.

They scare me.

Stop picking on Rheghead!! ;)

scorrie
08-Dec-07, 00:45
In which place do most women have short, dark, curly hair?............................................. .....................

scroll

Africa!!

Sporran
08-Dec-07, 05:12

hehe i guess i am doing it the wrong way round ;) had short hair in my younger days, now i am just going to grow old disgracefully and enjoy every minute of it

I've had both long and short hair in my younger days. But now I'm growing old disgracefully too, as my hair is nearly down to my waist! I love having it this way, and get quite a lot of compliments on it. (Says she modestly! ;) )

Ricco
08-Dec-07, 15:28
Welcome to our world!;)

Karia

Phoooar! :D

brandy
08-Dec-07, 18:04
hubby use to say he liked my hair shorter as it didnt choke him in bed at night.. long hair gets in his face and bothers him *laughs* but he likes to run his hands thru my hair when its longer.. personally, i like my hair longer.. i can do more with it or just pull it back.. its in plaits right now.. pigtail fasion.

Dog-eared
08-Dec-07, 18:16
A friend of mine cut her hair really short like Sinead O,Connor and it really, really suited her.
I keep hinting these days but she's not going for it.
It was the best look she ever had.

Tilter
09-Dec-07, 01:11
hubby use to say he liked my hair shorter as it didnt choke him in bed at night..

Yeah, what is this with blokes and hair? They're supposed to like it (a la 'splayed on pillow') then they just moan cos it's going up their nose/in their mouth. There is just no pleasing 51% of the population.

alanatkie
09-Dec-07, 01:52
A friend of mine cut her hair really short like Sinead O,Connor and it really, really suited her.

Yes she might have looked good but sometimes you do get critisised for having your hair that short - most people have expectations of female's having their hair a certain length & if your's isn't that way their is obviously something wrong.:roll: Believe me i know as i had my head shaved for charity & the looks i got were unreal but people that knew me thought it suited me. Would i do it again (not sure hubby would agree to that) but yes i would it made me realise hair is just another accessory & i don't need it to be who i am. :Razz

Camel Spider
09-Dec-07, 02:07
Yeah, what is this with blokes and hair? They're supposed to like it (a la 'splayed on pillow') then they just moan cos it's going up their nose/in their mouth. There is just no pleasing 51% of the population.

Never bothered me .. I did go out with a lass with really long hair a while back. As I am "follicaly challenged" I would drape her hair over my balding napper to remind me what I once looked like.

I know, Im strange.

alanatkie
09-Dec-07, 02:11
Never bothered me .. I did go out with a lass with really long hair a while back. As I am "follicaly challenged" I would drape her hair over my balding napper to remind me what I once looked like.

I know, Im strange.

Lol was that along the same lines as Gregor Fisher in the Hamlet adverts [lol]

Tilter
09-Dec-07, 02:15
I know, Im strange.

I think we're all strange (except me of course). I'm more interested in the 'paddle faster I hear banjos.' That 's not zeidike (can't spell it) music is it? It's awful (imho). (Not been to New Orleans since before Katrina.)

lazytown
09-Dec-07, 02:18
they just moan cos it's going up their nose/in their mouth.

Yip there is nothing worse than a mouth full of hair...;)

Camel Spider
09-Dec-07, 02:18
I think we're all strange (except me of course). I'm more interested in the 'paddle faster I hear banjos.' That 's not zeidike (can't spell it) music is it? It's awful (imho). (Not been to New Orleans since before Katrina.)

I think its a Deliverance thing, It just made me laugh.

Tilter
09-Dec-07, 02:24
I think its a Deliverance thing, It just made me laugh.

Deliverance was/is FANTASTIC.

PS: Hairnets (like Ena Sharples) are the answer.

Sporran
09-Dec-07, 03:38

I know, Im strange.Good idea, Camel Spider!:lol: Maybe I should try the same thing with my husband. He's not balding, but his hair is completely grey now. If I were to drape some of my hair over his head, we could see what he used to look like with brown hair! [lol]

Sporran
10-Dec-07, 06:02

Some women do suit really short hair. Actress Halle Berry is beautiful no matter what, but in my opinion, when her hair is very short, she looks even more stunning than when it's long. Back in the 60s, Twiggy and Mia Farrow looked equally stunning with their cropped locks, but when they grew their hair long, it didn't become them quite so much. I can't ever remember seeing Judi Dench with anything other than very short hair, but she is another lady who looks fabulous that way. It's all in the cheekbones, I guess. Halle, Twiggy, Mia and Judi all have lovely high cheekbones, which are accentuated all the more with a short hairdo.

peedie
10-Dec-07, 15:17
Perhaps they prefer Bald???

i hope so!!! since thats what i've got going on at the mo :P well actually a fine fuzz. but i have no idea what it'll be like when i finish treatment as i've been told it can be totally different from how it was before. it seems to be threatening to grow back in red. time will tell!
however i have gotten quite fond of bald, 5 mins in the shower and i'm done!!! i dont mind wandering about with no hat on. cept when its cold..... or hailstones... OUCH ! [lol]

octane
10-Dec-07, 15:25
I just love a womans hair when its fresh from out the shower, when its glistening with fine droplets of water falling from the end....:Razz so its kinda all styles at that point!!

ashaw1
10-Dec-07, 15:55
i hope so!!! since thats what i've got going on at the mo :P well actually a fine fuzz. but i have no idea what it'll be like when i finish treatment as i've been told it can be totally different from how it was before. it seems to be threatening to grow back in red. time will tell!
however i have gotten quite fond of bald, 5 mins in the shower and i'm done!!! i dont mind wandering about with no hat on. cept when its cold..... or hailstones... OUCH ! [lol]
I'm taking it you are receiving some kind of cancer treatment. I hate to tell you but when my mum's hair returned after going through chemo it grew back black and very curly!

katarina
10-Dec-07, 18:52
hehe i guess i am doing it the wrong way round ;) had short hair in my younger days, now i am just going to grow old disgracefully and enjoy every minute of it :D

go go go tugmistress, atta girl!

Sporran
10-Dec-07, 19:14

Peedie, I have looked back at some of your posts, and see that you mentioned in October that you are undergoing chemotherapy. I also surmise that you are young, as you are hoping to go to college soon. I wish you lots of luck, and hope it won't be long before you have a full mane of hair like your lion avatar (except for under your chin, of course! :lol: ) Keep your good spirits up, lass!

Bloo
10-Dec-07, 19:38
Long, Straight, Blonde :D

hotrod4
10-Dec-07, 19:48
On her head and not under the arms(too much)or her top lip!!!!! ;)

honey
10-Dec-07, 19:50
On her head and not under the arms(too much)or her top lip!!!!! ;)

i just choked on my cheese and onion roll!!! :lol: