PDA

View Full Version : Cat with heart murmur

Liz
04-Dec-07, 23:40
One of my cats, Charly, took ill this morning and it turns out he has a heart murmur.
He was kept at the Vets and given diuretics to remove the fluid from his lungs and is now on medication.
He isn't himself tonight but I am hoping that he will have improved by tomorrow.

What's confusing me is I have spoken to a few friends who have cats with heart murmurs (one severe) and they have never been on medication?

I have had two dogs in the past with heart murmurs and they were on medication for life.

I just wondered whether any of you have pets with heart murmurs and, if so, are they on medication?

I am really worried about my lovely boy and hope he recovers. That is all I want for Christmas!

Nanoo got her Christmas wish when Burt came back so hope I get mine too!!!

nanoo
05-Dec-07, 13:53
Hi fellow Orgers. I'm sure you have read about Charly, The well loved cat of Liz. When Burt was missing all those weeks, it helped me a great deal when i read all your posts of good wishes and sympathy. I'd like to ask you all to do the same please for Liz and Charly. My Christmas wish came true, now can we all do the same for Liz and make her Christmas wish come true as well. Lets do it, for Liz and Charly too. Thank you.:~(

Liz
05-Dec-07, 14:02
Bless you Nanoo!
I am so worried about Charly and all I want for Christmas is for him to be well again.

alanatkie
05-Dec-07, 14:36
Hope Charly gets well soon Liz.
Our thought are with you both.

cuddlepop
05-Dec-07, 15:39
Hope Charly gets well soon.
Fingers and toes crossed for you too:D

Liz
05-Dec-07, 16:19
Thanks ever so much both!

Your kindness means a lot to me at this awful time.

I suppose, being realistic, it is early days and so I hope that Charly will recover.
It is just so awful seeing a much loved pet ill as you feel so helpless!:(

carasmam
05-Dec-07, 16:21
We are all sending you and Charly 'healing light' ;)

Liz
05-Dec-07, 16:29
We are all sending you and Charly 'healing light' ;)

Aaawww bless you!

The folks in Pets Corner as so nice. Suppose it's because we all love our pets and know what it is like when they are ill.

Charly is resting just now which is good. Will let you know how he gets on.

KCI
05-Dec-07, 19:03
Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear that Charly isn't well. Baby has taken another bad turn as well, so hopefully they will both get better.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Charly.

xx

Liz
05-Dec-07, 19:13
Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear that Charly isn't well. Baby has taken another bad turn as well, so hopefully they will both get better.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Charly.

xx

I am so sorry about Baby! How is she now?

I am thinking of you and Baby and really hope we both have good news soon.

Take care
xxx

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 19:15
I hope it all turns out ok for you both,
It's horrible when pets are ill as they can't tell how they feel :~(

Liz
05-Dec-07, 19:21
I hope it all turns out ok for you both,
It's horrible when pets are ill as they can't tell how they feel :~(

Thanks Unicorn!

Yes you feel so helpless! It's when they look at you with such sad eyes and it breaks your heart.
Charly has slept all day today and I am hoping this will help him as he had an awful day yesterday and must be sore as he was like a pin cushion from all the injections!
It is so awful not to hear him sing as he usually sings as soon as you look at him and is such a cuddly cat and always wanting loves.

I am absolutely exhausted from crying!!!

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 19:27
Keep your spirits up Liz,
sending healing (((hugs)))
they really are incredibly robust, your happy boy will be back soon I am sure :)

Liz
05-Dec-07, 19:34
Bless you for that! I need all the positive thoughts I can get right now!

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 19:39
my old cat got really sick in the summer, she went to skin and bone so fast I was terrified, we rushed her to the vets and she has tests done for feline leukaemia, aids, kidneys all sorts. The vet was bamboozled and they gave her fluids intravenously and let her come home to see how she went.
Well within 2 days she was back to pretty much normal and had the appetite of a horse.
I later noticed a pool of vomit in the alleyway and it consisted of mouse!!
I am now very sure that she had eaten a poisoned mouse and this was the problem.
She has not had any problems since :D Thankfully.
But I was amazed at how fast she went down and how fast she turned round again.

Liz
05-Dec-07, 19:39
He's just started to sing!!!

What a beautiful sound! Please keep the positive thoughts, prayers and healing light coming! For Baby too!

I gave him Arnica earlier as I realised he may be sore from the injections and also gave him Aconite for any emotional trauma.

Getting Charly better would make this the best Christmas ever!!!

Thanks everyone! I so much appreciate your love and support.

This is the Org at it's best.

Big hugs to you all!!!

unicorn
05-Dec-07, 19:45
Thats fantastic news Liz, lots of TLC and he will be a happy boy :D

Liz
05-Dec-07, 19:52
Thats fantastic news Liz, lots of TLC and he will be a happy boy :D

Oh I really, really hope so!!! I will be happy too!!!!

Things like this don't half make you get your priorities right!

nanoo
06-Dec-07, 16:23
Realy great news Liz. Onwards and upwards i say. I knew the Orgers could do it, they are a wonderful lot. Charly and Burt have many friends they don't know about. Bless every last one of you.[lol] I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas:lol: and i think i'll be speaking for Liz as well in that.

justine
06-Dec-07, 16:54
My thoughts are with you and charley at this time..Hope things keep improving for him and you.....

unicorn
06-Dec-07, 18:54
How are you both today?

Liz
06-Dec-07, 19:06
Realy great news Liz. Onwards and upwards i say. I knew the Orgers could do it, they are a wonderful lot. Charly and Burt have many friends they don't know about. Bless every last one of you.[lol] I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas:lol: and i think i'll be speaking for Liz as well in that.

Totally agree with you Nanoo! Thanks a lot for your love and support too through this awful time. You are a lovely caring lady.

My thoughts are with you and charley at this time..Hope things keep improving for him and you.....

Thanks a lot Justine! That means a lot when I know you are having a hard time yourself.

How are you both today?

I am completely shattered but Charly is a wee bit better which is the most important thing! I am cautiously optimistic that he will make a full recovery and I will have my boy with me for a few years yet.
He still gets quite breathless when he 'goes for a walk' but he's only been on medication for three days so, hopefully, this will also improve in time.
He is so much more relaxed and singing(no sound in the world is greater right now) He is also eating a bit more although not the dry food he normally loves but he is probably dry from all the diuretics! Poor soul must be tired of drinking and peeing!

Thanks to you all for your genuine concern and support. As I said before this is the Org at it's best!

unicorn
06-Dec-07, 19:09
Thats good to hear Liz, I hope he goes from strength to strength and you put your feet up and relax

Liz
06-Dec-07, 19:14
Thats good to hear Liz, I hope he goes from strength to strength and you put your feet up and relax

Bless you! I will try!:lol:

I can hear him chomping in his food just now and, along with the singing, it is such a wonderful sound. Charly loves his grub and it was horrible when he didn't eat.

I will let you know how he gets on.

I've been telling Charly today how many wonderful people have been thinking of him and wanting him to get well. So a big hug to you all from me, and Charly!

carasmam
06-Dec-07, 19:21
Thats good to hear Liz. We are all rooting for him :cool:

pirateeye
07-Dec-07, 00:04
one of my gran's cats has a heart murmer, it was discovered last year at her annual jab and the vet just said she should be ok but if gran notices anything different about her like in her health or her personality to take her back in to the vet, she isn't on medication for it though and thankfully she's been ok so far. she's 6 years old

Liz
07-Dec-07, 00:10
I am glad your Gran's cat is okay. It's actually very common for cats to have heart murmurs which never need treatment. Kittens can actually be born with heart murmurs which then disappear.
It all depends on the Grade.
I haven't found out what Grade Charly's is but it must be quite high to need medication.
Should find out tomorrow.

crofter
07-Dec-07, 00:52
Delighted to hear Charly is improving Liz. He must be feeling better by the time he has started eating again. I used to have a Papillion dog and she was diagnosed with a heart murmur at 12 and after treatment from the vet she lived another 4 years with good health until eventually she took a bad turn and I had to get her put down. I was devastated.
Best wishes to Charly for a good recovery.

Fran
07-Dec-07, 03:47
Liz, so sorry to hear about charly but I'm sure he will recover well. Humans do and our pets have the same medication as ourselves.I had a lovely golden labrador who had a heart murmur and a leaking heart valve and he was on medication for life, including fluid tablets. He jumped the garden wall and walked for miles. He died aged 15 and that was only becaUSE A lorry ran over him on the pavement outside the house. I'm sure charly will do well and i send my best wishes.

Liz
07-Dec-07, 13:07
Thanks ever so much both! I truly, truly appreciate it!

I am really pleased to say that Charly is improving every day and I am cautiously optimistic that he will make a full recovery.

Today he came and rubbed against my leg for the first time since he became ill and it was great!!!:lol:

I had three dogs with heart murmurs and two lived to their full life span but, very sadly, I lost the other one at only 9 years old.:(

I really hope that Charly will be with us for another few years. He is such a gorgeous cat with a wonderful nature!

You have all kept me going these past few days and for that THANKS!!!!!

nanoo
07-Dec-07, 13:36
Glad to hear todays news Liz that charly has improved a little more again. This is the best news ever. Keep us posted on his progress, will you? LOL ;)

Liz
07-Dec-07, 13:55
I certainly will let you know he gets on and long to tell you all that he is completely fine now!:lol:

I am much more opitimistic now than I was on Tuesday!

It has restored my faith in human nature as well to know that there are lovely people who genuinely care.

unicorn
07-Dec-07, 14:27
Great news for you both Liz, onwards and upwards eh :D

Liz
07-Dec-07, 14:47
Hope so Unicorn!

My own health has taken a real battering with the stress but will relax now that Charly is getting better.:D

cuddlepop
07-Dec-07, 15:22
Thats a pice of good news we've all been waiting to hear.
I'm sure now Liz, that Charly has turned the corner and is getting better
On wards and upwards as they say :D

Liz
07-Dec-07, 19:04
Thats a pice of good news we've all been waiting to hear.
I'm sure now Liz, that Charly has turned the corner and is getting better
On wards and upwards as they say :D

It has really cheered me up to know that people genuinely care how Charly is!

I am really pleased to say that he ate some dry food(which he loves!)today for the first time since becoming ill so this is great!

I still haven't managed to find out how bad his heart murmur is and when they want to see him again but am going to phone tomorrow to see whether I can speak to the Vet who treated him.

Paid the £65 bill today!!!:eek: Still would have paid more to get him better.

How's your lovely wee dog doing?

cuddlepop
07-Dec-07, 19:35
"monkey nuts" back to normal.

Its cost us £70 so far for antibiotics and anti inflamitary injections.

Dont know how I found it but I did.:D

Liz
07-Dec-07, 19:38
"monkey nuts" back to normal.

Its cost us £70 so far for antibiotics and anti inflamitary injections.

Dont know how I found it but I did.:D

That's brilliant!!! Monkey nuts indeed!lol

I know the feeling! Still waiting to win the lottery!!!!!:confused

Liz
10-Dec-07, 14:00
I am delighted to let you all know that Charly is improving every day.:D

I just spoke to the Vet who is treating him and he said he couldn't actually hear Charly's heart properly due to all the fluid.:(

So he wants to see him this Wednesday afternoon.

I must confess I am very nervous about this so keep those healing thoughts etc coming please!!!

I am hoping though that the fact he is doing so well means his heart isn't too bad or, at least responding to medication.

Thanks everyone!!!

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 14:02
aww Liz don't worry about the worst case scenario Until you absolutely have to. I am sure he will be fine and the vets will do a fantastic job. Lots of hugs to Charly

Liz
10-Dec-07, 14:48
aww Liz don't worry about the worst case scenario Until you absolutely have to. I am sure he will be fine and the vets will do a fantastic job. Lots of hugs to Charly

I wish I wasn't such a worrier! Didn't used to be!:(

I don't think he would respond so quickly to medication if his heart was very bad.

Thanks again Unicorn for your kindness and support.

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 15:03
You are very welcome Liz, But watch out if my daft kitty keeps up this on season business I will be dropping her off for a holiday :lol: I think it's time for a trip to the vets and a wee op. [lol]

Liz
10-Dec-07, 15:11
You are very welcome Liz, But watch out if my daft kitty keeps up this on season business I will be dropping her off for a holiday I think it's time for a trip to the vets and a wee op. [lol]

Sorry but no room for holidaymakers! Especially randy ones!!!:lol:

Remember CP can help with the cost of spaying!

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 15:18
Not a chance of taking from cat protection they need all the money they can get. I bought her I pay for her op [lol] I was actually waiting to see how she progessed with her size (she is quite a wee ragdoll) before spaying her and thought about getting a stud but I think rabbit breeding is enough for me [lol]

Liz
10-Dec-07, 15:26
Cat and rabbit breeding?!!!!! Are you a glutton for punishment?!!:lol:

Ragdolls are gorgeous wee cats. How old is she now?

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 15:30
17 months the vet was asking me last time I was up if I was going to breed her, I said I thought she was a bit wee but he said she is just dainty boned and won't ever be huge.

carasmam
10-Dec-07, 17:49
Aww Liz as everyone said try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know. With all the healing light coming from us all in Pets Corner Charly will be singing for a good few years yet.
Keep your chin up and stay strong :D

Liz
10-Dec-07, 18:39
Aww Liz as everyone said try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know. With all the healing light coming from us all in Pets Corner Charly will be singing for a good few years yet.
Keep your chin up and stay strong :D

I truly wish I wasn't a worrier as it is awful!

Bless you and everyone for all the love and healing light. I am sure this is making him better!:lol:

nanoo
10-Dec-07, 18:51
Onwards and upwards Liz, onwards and upwards, no looking back, just forward from now on. Charly is'nt doing all that singing for nothing Liz, he's doing it because he's happy and wants to make you happy too. I'm sure the vet has everything under control. Give Charly a big hug from me will you.;)

Liz
10-Dec-07, 19:02
Onwards and upwards Liz, onwards and upwards, no looking back, just forward from now on. Charly is'nt doing all that singing for nothing Liz, he's doing it because he's happy and wants to make you happy too. I'm sure the vet has everything under control. Give Charly a big hug from me will you.;)

I know you are right Nanoo and must stop fearing the worst.

I am so grateful for the wonderful veterinary care he received and for all the healing light being sent his way.
If love alone makes him well I will have him for many years to come!!!

I most certainly will give him a hug from Auntie Nanoo (he gets so many hugs and kisses in a day he must think 'Oh no here she comes again'!)
and have been telling him all about the lovely people who want him to get better.

I am so glad that Burt is recovering after his ordeal. I bet we will both be looking at our special boys at Christmas and uttering a prayer of thanks.

Liz
10-Dec-07, 19:31
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9711/0000130xa8.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000130xa8.jpg)

I am hoping that this will be a photo of my darling boy!

Liz
10-Dec-07, 19:33
It worked!

Afraid it isn't an up to date photo as don't have a digital camera since Rusty my cat (sadly no longer with us) peed on it!

I really hope to get one in the New Year to get more up to date photos of my animal bairns.

He doesn't look any older though!

cuddlepop
10-Dec-07, 20:17
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9711/0000130xa8.th.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000130xa8.jpg)

What a wee cutie,:D

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 23:23
He's a bonny lad :D

Liz
10-Dec-07, 23:26
Thanks! I think he's lovely but then I'm biased!

He has the most gorgeous big eyes.

Charly was a stray for a while before he deigned to join our family.
After a while we managed to coax him into our garden shed where he had a nice cosy bed. We also had a portable gas heater and many night was sat in there(often until after midnight) by candlelight waiting for Charly to go to bed!
Then two years later he decided he was going to come inside our house and he made straight for my bed and made himself at home right away.
There were Northern Lights the night he became one of the family and it was so special.
He is such a lovely lad and is the perfect pet.

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 23:29
Was it you that had a Turkish Van Liz?

Liz
10-Dec-07, 23:39
Was it you that had a Turkish Van Liz?
No a Nissan Micra!:lol:

Sorry! No I've always had moggies who have been waifs and strays!

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 23:43
I remember from before that someone had a Turkish Van as they had it in their avatar picture also. The last time I was in Turkey a neighbour at the house I was staying at took a litter of kittens in for us to see and they were beautiful vans. Here thay cost a fortune, there they are just moggies you also see so many Turkish angora's and their kittens in gardens as strays. I could fill my suitcase if I thought I would get away with it :lol:

Liz
10-Dec-07, 23:47
I'll bet it was tempting!:lol:

unicorn
10-Dec-07, 23:50
Unbelievably so, the lovely green eye and blue eye and the kittens were pure white with the different eyes awwwww.

carasmam
11-Dec-07, 20:23
No a Nissan Micra!:lol:

Sorry! No I've always had moggies who have been waifs and strays!

You must be feeling chirpier - very sharp [lol]

Hows puss today?

Liz
11-Dec-07, 23:12
You must be feeling chirpier - very sharp [lol]

Hows puss today?

Thanks!

He's doing well thanks. Started hitting us tonight which is a good sign!:lol:

Just be glad to get the check up at the Vets over and really, really hoping it is good news!

Fran
12-Dec-07, 03:09
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9711/0000130xa8.th.jpg (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000130xa8.jpg)

What a lovely cat Liz, so very like my one, so of course hes gorgeous.

nanoo
12-Dec-07, 13:29
Hey Liz, is charly ginger and white? cause if he is, I've got his twin sister here with me and is called Gizmo(Gizzi) Honestly, when i saw Charlys' picture, i thought you had one of Gizzi. Hope all goes well today at the vets, that healing light is working to full capacity at the moment. Also i have everything crossed for both of you. ;)

Liz
12-Dec-07, 19:28
What a lovely cat Liz, so very like my one, so of course hes gorgeous.
All our cats are gorgeous aren't they!

Hey Liz, is charly ginger and white? cause if he is, I've got his twin sister here with me and is called Gizmo(Gizzi) Honestly, when i saw Charlys' picture, i thought you had one of Gizzi. Hope all goes well today at the vets, that healing light is working to full capacity at the moment. Also i have everything crossed for both of you.

Yes he is ginger and white. Maybe he and Gizzi are related? Where did you get her from?

Well Charly went to the Vets for his check up today and I am delighted to say that there is a lot less fluid than there was last week which is good and I am hoping that he will continue to improve.
He goes back to the Vets in a months time and his medication will be reassessed then.
He will be on diuretics for life(which will hopefully be a few years yet).

So a huge thanks to you all for your healing thoughts. They are obviously working!

The Vets bill has been over £100 for the past week!:eek: Still the main thing is he is getting better though.
I may need to go carol singing!!!:lol:

Hugs to you all. You are all so nice and I very much appreciate your support.

karia
12-Dec-07, 19:30
Smashing news Liz!

Now you can enjoy Christmas..and that omelette!;)

Karia

Liz
12-Dec-07, 19:34
Thanks Karia!!:lol:

nanoo
12-Dec-07, 20:07
Hi Liz, great news about Charly, I'll think of you on Christmas morning, sitting there with the best present in the world and you can think of me with mine. Liz, Gizzi came to us with her sister Sabbi(biscuit colour) in June 2000 from a good friend that knew we wanted a couple of kittens, they came from a farm. We lost our Border collie Glen(15yrs) on Easter Sat that year and Zakki our Norwegean Elkhound had passed away the on 5th Dec 1999.(16yrs) My OH was adament that there would be no more dogs, but the house was so empty, so we decided to go for cats. Tigger came along after that, then Minstral next, followed by Dinky(the black cat that came to you to have her kittens) and then Ernie and now his brother Burt. Our is a busy house but a very happy one too. Big hug to Charly from me.;)

Liz
12-Dec-07, 20:44
I certainly will be thinking of Burt as well as Charly, Nanoo.

It will be a much better Christmas than we both thought it would be!

unicorn
12-Dec-07, 22:02
Brilliant news Liz :D

Liz
13-Dec-07, 19:18

Bless you Justine!

I am hoping that this is a better photo of my darling boy. He is doing well so thanks a million everyone!
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/Lizzybif/Charlie.jpg

nanoo
14-Dec-07, 13:50
Are you absolutely sure you have'nt been at my house and taken a picture of my Gizmo Liz? I'm beginning to think they are twins after all, Right done to the dark pigment on her pink nose. Te He. Liz, love the picture of Benjy as well. Big hug to him and so as not to cause any jealousy, big hug to Charly as well. :roll:

Liz
14-Dec-07, 14:00
Are you absolutely sure you have'nt been at my house and taken a picture of my Gizmo Liz? I'm beginning to think they are twins after all, Right done to the dark pigment on her pink nose. Te He. Liz, love the picture of Benjy as well. Big hug to him and so as not to cause any jealousy, big hug to Charly as well. :roll:

Oh no my secret is out!lol!!!

Charly is so like another cat we had except it was black and white but they were alike in every other way. Even down to the slurrpy/snorty noises they made when licking themselves and getting dirty bottoms!:lol:

I will give both Benjy and Charly hugs from Auntie Nanoo. Won't miss out Suzy and Tiggy! I don't really have very good photos of them so hope to get a digital camera soon so I can rectify this.
Susy is a beautiful Tortie but she doesn't seem to be very photogenic as she never looks as good as she does in real life.
Tiggy is dark grey and white.
My wee family keeps me going and are a real joy.

Liz
19-Dec-07, 23:46
Well Charly is doing well but,worryingly, I have found a 'lump' on his back (hip).
It isn't 'round' and is hard so not sure whether it could just be muscle?

He is due to go back for a check up on 10th Jan so will wait until then to get it checked as he gets quite stressed going to the Vets (so do I!!!).

I am really hoping it is nothing sinister. I have been so delighted that he is getting better from his heart condition.

So some more healing light needed please. Thanks!!!:D xxx

unicorn
20-Dec-07, 00:23
Oh no liz it's just one worry after another, lots of love coming yours and charly's way xx

Liz
20-Dec-07, 13:22
Thanks again Unicorn.xx

It occurred to me that it is possibly where he was given his second injection as it does look like muscle and he still has a swelling on his neck where he was injected.
I think it seems to have gone down a bit today but will keep an eye on it.

I will give him the homeopathic remedy Arnica if I can get him to stop eating long enough!:lol:

cuddlepop
20-Dec-07, 15:41
If its not one thing its another.:(

Liz just keep strong and things will get better,afterall we at the pet forum have all this healing light to give.

My own comes all the way over the bridge from Skye, across and up some 300 miles, so it must be good to reach that far.:lol:

Liz
20-Dec-07, 15:44
I think I just saw it coming in the door Cuddlepop and it has travelled well!:lol:

Bless you all! You are such lovely caring people and I am really, really grateful for your support.

nanoo
20-Dec-07, 16:28
Liz, Burt just told me, his pal Charly is doing okay and your not to worry about him. All that healing light coming through your front door and in the windows is doing its' thing. Big hugs to Charly as usual and Meow, Meow, meow from Burt.:roll:(Charly will translate it for you);)

Liz
20-Dec-07, 19:31
Liz, Burt just told me, his pal Charly is doing okay and your not to worry about him. All that healing light coming through your front door and in the windows is doing its' thing. Big hugs to Charly as usual and Meow, Meow, meow from Burt.(Charly will translate it for you);)

Charly says to thank Burt for the message but wouldn't tell me what he said. Maybe it was rude!!!:lol:

He wishes Burt, all your other pussy cats and you and Mr Nanoo a very Meowy Christmas! Need some christmas and animal smilies!!!

Liz
09-Jan-08, 18:59
Charly went for his check up today and I am delighted to say that he is doing really well.:D

We have been told to reduce his diuretics to see how he gets on but to put him back on the usual dose if we think he needs it.

Unfortunately he is still on the most expensive medication but the main thing is he gets well. He has to go back in a month's time.

So many, many thanks to you all for your kindness and healing light.

Big hugs to you all from my darling Charly.

carasmam
09-Jan-08, 20:10
Great news, Liz :D Delighted for you and Charly x

Liz
09-Jan-08, 20:20
Thanks ever so much xx. I am really chuffed.:D

cuddlepop
09-Jan-08, 22:38
great news Liz,glad things are turning out well for Charly:D

Liz
09-Jan-08, 23:24
Thanks! How is Connie?

cuddlepop
10-Jan-08, 13:51
Thanks! How is Connie?
Its next Tuesday our usual vet's on holiday.
Connie's started scratching the lump on her side now so it must be annoying her,not long now.:)

Liz
10-Jan-08, 14:04
Sorry I thought it was last Tuesday.:confused

If the lump is beginning to annoy her then it will be good to get it removed.

I will be storing up the healing light to send one big whoosh so watch out!:lol:

nanoo
10-Jan-08, 16:48
Charly went for his check up today and I am delighted to say that he is doing really well.:D

We have been told to reduce his diuretics to see how he gets on but to put him back on the usual dose if we think he needs it.

Unfortunately he is still on the most expensive medication but the main thing is he gets well. He has to go back in a month's time.

So many, many thanks to you all for your kindness and healing light.

Big hugs to you all from my darling Charly.This is great news Liz, I'm delighted Charly is going from strength to strength.. Hopefully he will be able to hold his own on a reduced dose of his medicine. Fingers crossed. It's really good news Liz and i'm delighted for you. Oh, I nearly forgot, Burt says tell Charly:- MEOW, Meow, meow, PPpprrrrrrrrrrrrr. and before you ask, No, i have'nt a clue but seemingly Charly will te he. [lol]

Liz
13-Jan-08, 14:10
This is great news Liz, I'm delighted Charly is going from strength to strength.. Hopefully he will be able to hold his own on a reduced dose of his medicine. Fingers crossed. It's really good news Liz and i'm delighted for you. Oh, I nearly forgot, Burt says tell Charly:- MEOW, Meow, meow, PPpprrrrrrrrrrrrr. and before you ask, No, i have'nt a clue but seemingly Charly will te he. [lol]

Thanks Nanoo!:lol:

I passed on Burt's message and Charly smiled so don't know what he said?!

Thanks for all your encouragement and support.