PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Mums!!

ett23
04-Dec-07, 19:45
Is it me or is there something in the water this year? Several of my friends have recently fallen pregnant. One is due at the end of March, another on April 5th, another on June 3rd, then June 12th, then June 17th!! Only 2 of them are local mind you but I'm beginning to wonder what's going on and hoping whatever it is - I don't catch it!! :D

Any pregnant mums out there - local or not? When are you due and do you know the sex? Is this your 1st or more? If not you personally then do you know of anyone who's pregnant just now and when they're due, etc? Let's see how many we can find!!!

Two of my friends know they're having boys - the ones due in March and April. But the others have chosen not to find out the sex.

So go on then, let's hear from you - whoever and wherever u are! ;)

karia
04-Dec-07, 19:48
Hi ett23,

I will be taking all my drinks undiluted and off the rocks...just in case you are right!:lol:

congrats to everyone though!

karia

honey
04-Dec-07, 19:51
there are 2 lassies i used to work with, they both fell pregnant at the same time about 2 years ago... and they are both pregnant again at the same time!

grumpyhippo
04-Dec-07, 20:13
they both fell pregnant

Didn't know you had to 'fall' to get pregnant............I learn something new every day:lol::lol:

honey
04-Dec-07, 20:18
Didn't know you had to 'fall' to get pregnant............I learn something new every day:lol:

ooops, am i the only one that says that??:lol:

bobsgirl
04-Dec-07, 20:28
Is it me or is there something in the water this year? Several of my friends have recently fallen pregnant. One is due at the end of March, another on April 5th, another on June 3rd, then June 12th, then June 17th!! Only 2 of them are local mind you but I'm beginning to wonder what's going on and hoping whatever it is - I don't catch it!! :D

Any pregnant mums out there - local or not? When are you due and do you know the sex? Is this your 1st or more? If not you personally then do you know of anyone who's pregnant just now and when they're due, etc? Let's see how many we can find!!!

Two of my friends know they're having boys - the ones due in March and April. But the others have chosen not to find out the sex.

I feel the same way, quite a few people I know have become pregnant in the last few months.
I am quite glad that I have decided that my family is big enough. No more babies for me. My mate says it must have been the rubbish summer we had!!

ett23
04-Dec-07, 21:25
there are 2 lassies i used to work with, they both fell pregnant at the same time about 2 years ago... and they are both pregnant again at the same time!

Wow - that's quite a coincidence! Did they time it that way? And what did they have first time round? Boys or girls?

justine
04-Dec-07, 21:26
I am not one of them...........:eek:

honey
04-Dec-07, 21:27
Wow - that's quite a coincidence! Did they time it that way? And what did they have first time round? Boys or girls?

nope, neither one knew the other was trying, they both had girls 1st time, so it will be interesting to see what happens this time!

ett23
04-Dec-07, 21:31
I am quite glad that I have decided that my family is big enough. No more babies for me.

Same here - far rather watch my friends have the babies than do it all over again myself!! :lol:

But it is fun remembering what it was like - not being able to sleep on my stomach at night and the baby's kicks keeping me awake when I should have been sleeping.

It's quite good for my self esteem too cos my friends will be starting to look pregnant soon and I've been dieting, so while they're getting bigger I'm getting slimmer!! In fact pretty soon I'll just need to stand next to them to feel slim!![lol]

Sorry - that' my cruel sense of humour!

telfordstar
04-Dec-07, 21:41
I am currently pregnant at at this moment in time i am 4 days over my date. The end is near though as i am getting admitted on thursday to hospital to get the ball rolling.

We know the sex of our baby as this is our 3rd (and last i might add) and as we didnt find out with the other two thought we would with this one. However i found the sex of the baby out through the ammnio test i had done at 18wks and not through a scan so kind of definate as ive heard a few horror stories about scan saying one thing and the arrival being another:)

I must admit there is a lot of folk pregnant just now alot of folk i know are on their second or third kids least were keeping out maternity unit busy

balto
04-Dec-07, 21:42
you always get it that way you can go a while and no-one you know falls pregnant then before you know it they are all at it (if you pardon the pun haha)

honey
04-Dec-07, 21:45
I am currently pregnant at at this moment in time i am 4 days over my date. The end is near though as i am getting admitted on thursday to hospital to get the ball rolling.

get bouncing on an exercise ball!!! i went for an ante-natal appointment 2 days before my due date. the midwife told me i wasnt even effaced let alone diallating and booked me in to be induced, she also gave me a sweep... but i went home nearly in tears thinking i had days to go..

when i got home... i bounced on the ball while watching my soaps... i woke up the next morning with my waters broken... and my son was born on the bathroom floor little more than an hour later... daddy being the midwife!!! :lol:

karia
04-Dec-07, 21:45

We know the sex of our baby as this is our 3rd (and last i might add) and as we didnt find out with the other two thought we would with this one. However i found the sex of the baby out through the ammnio test i had done at 18wks and not through a scan so kind of definate as ive heard a few horror stories about scan saying one thing and the arrival being another:)

I must admit there is a lot of folk pregnant just now alot of folk i know are on their second or third kids least were keeping out maternity unit busy

All the best to you ...and our new orger!;)

karia

ett23
04-Dec-07, 21:51

I feel for you telfordstar - I went overdue with my first (all be it 3 days!!). I was thoroughly sick of being pregnant because lots of people kept saying - "Have you not had that baby yet?"... "Are you STILL here?" and other stuff like that. And that was well before my due date! Why do people do that to you? Do they have any idea how frustrating it feels to the pregnant mother?

Anyway enough ranting... Hope all goes well and you have the baby soon, preferably before getting induced - I was induced twice and would rather not go through that again.

Our thoughts are with you. xxx:D

ett23
04-Dec-07, 21:54
my son was born on the bathroom floor little more than an hour later... daddy being the midwife!!! :lol:

That sounds exciting, I always wished I could have had a fast labour but my shortest was 15 hrs, and don't get me started on my first labour!!

Did daddy get to cut the cord then? Or did the doc/midwife do that when she arrived?

mums angels
04-Dec-07, 22:10
Yip have to admit that i am one of them :D due mid of May and i put it down to the terrible summer, nowt else better to do ;) this will be baby number 4 so hoping all goes well and agree that alot of people seem to be expecting at the moment .

ett23
04-Dec-07, 22:16
Yip have to admit that i am one of them due mid of May and i put it down to the terrible summer, nowt else better to do ;) this will be baby number 4 so hoping all goes well and agree that alot of people seem to be expecting at the moment .

Are you still suffering with morning sickness or is that something you never get?

My two local friends are both pregnant with their third and the weird thing is they never ever had morning sickness the first two times but they both did this time - strange but true!!! :lol:

mums angels
04-Dec-07, 22:21
Are you still suffering with morning sickness or is that something you never get?

My two local friends are both pregnant with their third and the weird thing is they never ever had morning sickness the first two times but they both did this time - strange but true!!! :lol:

yes have been terribly ill this time round, always felt funny with the first 3 but this time i'm being sick morning , noon and night sometimes, was hoping it would have stopped at 12weeks but nope am now 17 weeks and still having probs, but never mind its supposed to be a sign of a healthy pregnancy . i had probs with my 3rd aswell but was things like bleeding, high risk of downs and anemia etc but he was a fine healty 9lb 7oz.:eek:

ett23
04-Dec-07, 22:32
I can sympathize with you there mumsangel, I had terrible sickness all day every day with my pregnancies although it was slightly better 2nd time round. I lost a stone and a half in the first 3 months, only to put it all back on plus an extra 2 stone!! But I was the same - I didn't stop being sick at 12 weeks with either of them - more like 18 weeks I would say. So there's hope for you yet!

Isn't it typical that when they say your baby is gonna be ill it turns out perfectly healthy - I've known that to happen plenty of times. Let's hope your new baby is healthy too! :D

mums angels
04-Dec-07, 22:48
I can sympathize with you there mumsangel, I had terrible sickness all day every day with my pregnancies although it was slightly better 2nd time round. I lost a stone and a half in the first 3 months, only to put it all back on plus an extra 2 stone!! But I was the same - I didn't stop being sick at 12 weeks with either of them - more like 18 weeks I would say. So there's hope for you yet!

Isn't it typical that when they say your baby is gonna be ill it turns out perfectly healthy - I've known that to happen plenty of times. Let's hope your new baby is healthy too! :D

oh well yes lets hope it stops at 18weeks then (i have hope again):) i have lost some weight ( about 5lbs-7lbs) in last few weeks but think it will go back on with a vengence ..lol

and thank you, i hope all is healthy too am sure it will be just have to be positive , funny thing is that the last one was the worst pregnancy most worries etc but he was the best baby ever ...still is even thou he has started the terrible twos and is having the occasional strop !!

karia
04-Dec-07, 22:53
Ah Mum's Angels,

We await the bonnie baby pics and wish you and yours all the best till then!:D

karia

ett23
04-Dec-07, 22:59
I know wot u mean mumsangel, my youngest is 2 and boy what a temper she's got - worse than her big sister, and she's 5!!!

She starts the fights and she screams the loudest and the longest and I just despair of her at times. Then she comes up to me, puts her arms round my neck, squeezes me tight and plants a kiss on my lips and all is forgotten!!!:lol:

Hope your 2 year old gets on all right with the new one - always a tricky time!! We tried to include our older daughter as much as we could with the new baby. She loved holding her on her lap and feeding her. We have loads of photos of the two of them together like that!

mums angels
04-Dec-07, 23:07
Ah Mum's Angels,

We await the bonnie baby pics and wish you and yours all the best till then!

karia

thank you Karia

I know wot u mean mumsangel, my youngest is 2 and boy what a temper she's got - worse than her big sister, and she's 5!!!

She starts the fights and she screams the loudest and the longest and I just despair of her at times. Then she comes up to me, puts her arms round my neck, squeezes me tight and plants a kiss on my lips and all is forgotten!!!:lol:

Hope your 2 year old gets on all right with the new one - always a tricky time!! We tried to include our older daughter as much as we could with the new baby. She loved holding her on her lap and feeding her. We have loads of photos of the two of them together like that!

i hope he gets on with new one well too, hes lovley with babies but if my older son is on my knee he goes mad LOL we have told him about the new baby and considering he's only 2 he has picked up bits as he'll point to his tummy and say baby and he became obsessed with his sisters dollies , he should be fine thou as the others were when new babies arrived i also kept them very involved and intend to do so again they are all coming along to my next scan ,the older two can't wait :).

anneoctober
04-Dec-07, 23:22
I am not one of them...........:eek:
Justine, you've gotta make double figures Hun.........[lol] xxx

anneoctober
04-Dec-07, 23:27

Congratulations wifie ! is it a boy or girl? You can tell me, I can keep a secret.....promise........[lol] Will be checking the birth announcements on the Org & looking for 'photos !! Anne xx
PS Tugs has forecast high winds thursday night, hopefully this will help wi the pushing !!

anneoctober
04-Dec-07, 23:57
[quote=ett23;306066]Is it me or is there something in the water this year? Several of my friends have recently fallen pregnant. One is due at the end of March, another on April 5th, another on June 3rd, then June 12th, then June 17th!! Only 2 of them are local mind you but I'm beginning to wonder what's going on and hoping whatever it is - I don't catch it!!

So go on then, let's hear from you - whoever and wherever u are! /quote]
I've got so caught up in this thread Ett23, that I completely forgot to say our daughter is having her 3rd ( and last baby) on 3rd June also[lol]
How do we know it will be the last baby? Kevs has two choices - either the obvious route ie surgery OR something was said about nutcrackers over Christmas.............:eek:

telfordstar
05-Dec-07, 00:15
Hi all Thank you so much for your kind words it means alot.
I have tried every old wives tale thats in the books to encourage our new son out but nothing is gona shift him. I had that sweep last tues and the doc was like "oh i dont think you will last the weekend" and now its tues night and still no baby.
Ive to phone the unit on Thursday morning and providing that they are not busy i will get a time to be admited probably after lunchtime the midwife said today and find out my fate.

Im at the so fed up stage this has been by far the worst pregnancy ever my other two were total pleasure to be pregant with with no complications at all but this one has been plagued with bother since day one. I was 3 days over with both the other two and would love to start labour naturally but the way things are looking im going to be getting a bit of help which to be honest im not looking forward to at all.

Ive also not taken to going out much anymore not through fear of waters breaking or anything but if one more person says "ohh your still hanging on there" i swear i will scream. Like someone said in a previous posting its kind of obvious and having to repeat yourself to every person you meet is no fun at all. I know that folk mean well and i an delighted that they care but spare a thought for poor me wadding around:(

on a brighter note Thursday is only nearly a day away so fingers crossed they wont be busy and we can get things moving.

Best thing i am looking forward to after the birth of this baby is a good hot dinner that i can really enjoy and eat more than 5 mouthfuls and not be full up and not having bad wind and heartburn for hours.

And any males reading his yes it is that bad hee hee

mums angels
05-Dec-07, 00:55
I have tried every old wives tale thats in the books to encourage our new son out but nothing is gona shift him. I had that sweep last tues and the doc was like "oh i dont think you will last the weekend" and now its tues night and still no baby.
Ive to phone the unit on Thursday morning and providing that they are not busy i will get a time to be admited probably after lunchtime the midwife said today and find out my fate.

Im at the so fed up stage this has been by far the worst pregnancy ever my other two were total pleasure to be pregant with with no complications at all but this one has been plagued with bother since day one. I was 3 days over with both the other two and would love to start labour naturally but the way things are looking im going to be getting a bit of help which to be honest im not looking forward to at all.

Ive also not taken to going out much anymore not through fear of waters breaking or anything but if one more person says "ohh your still hanging on there" i swear i will scream. Like someone said in a previous posting its kind of obvious and having to repeat yourself to every person you meet is no fun at all. I know that folk mean well and i an delighted that they care but spare a thought for poor me wadding around

on a brighter note Thursday is only nearly a day away so fingers crossed they wont be busy and we can get things moving.

Best thing i am looking forward to after the birth of this baby is a good hot dinner that i can really enjoy and eat more than 5 mouthfuls and not be full up and not having bad wind and heartburn for hours.

well good luck with it all and do hope you go on your own, i remember the feeling of being overdue very well and am not looking forward to the later stages myself :( i tried every trick in the book too but funnily enough it was the one night i couldnt be bothererd and did nothing at all to try and encourage baby that first thing in the morn i went myself the morning before i was due to go in :lol:

kriklah
05-Dec-07, 08:38
Im another one, baby number 5 due 20 March. (dont know what sex this time)

Had to laugh when i told me mum, the ongoing joke being both my sisters were pregnant, Id need to pull a family hatrick, dont think she believed me when i told her!!!! So for 5 weeks all three of us were driving her nuts cos she suffers the symptoms!!!!!! Oder sister lives in lybster and had hers in august, younger sister in portsmouth, baby arrived last monday. So my turn next.

At least this time ill get to deliver in Wick not Raigmore!!!! and im gonna use that nice new birthing pool they are currently installing, so be warned, the week around 20th march it is out of bounds to anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!![evil]

ett23
05-Dec-07, 10:48
I've got so caught up in this thread Ett23, that I completely forgot to say our daughter is having her 3rd ( and last baby) on 3rd June also
How do we know it will be the last baby? Kevs has two choices - either the obvious route ie surgery OR something was said about nutcrackers over Christmas.............

Congratulations on your next grandchild! Can't believe she's also due on June 3rd. Probably a good time of year for having a baby - you're heavy in early summer and then you've the rest of the warm weather(we hope) to make use of getting out with baby in the pram.

Feel sorry for your son-in-law....the nutcrackers option sounds pretty painful!! :eek: [lol]

Has she had morning sickness and is she starting to get over it now? Or is she one of the lucky ones who don't have that problem?!!

ett23
05-Dec-07, 10:54

Ive also not taken to going out much anymore not through fear of waters breaking or anything but if one more person says "ohh your still hanging on there" i swear i will scream. Like someone said in a previous posting its kind of obvious and having to repeat yourself to every person you meet is no fun at all. I know that folk mean well and i an delighted that they care but spare a thought for poor me wadding around

Well here's hoping your baby arrives soon. I started naturally with both of mine but after hours of contractions they had to finally induce me to get things moving, and even then it still took forever. I've had the sweep, the pessaries, waters broken artificially and induced on a drip!! But at the end of it all it was lovely to finally see my new baby's face - I'm sure you'll feel the same when you see your new babe's face too!!

Can't wait - so excited for you. Let us know how you got on as soon as you get a chance to get near a computer again!! ;) :lol:

And I've heard one of the known side effects of pregnancy is terrible wind - no two ways about it I'm afraid, just a fact of nature!!

ett23
05-Dec-07, 11:00
At least this time ill get to deliver in Wick not Raigmore!!!! and im gonna use that nice new birthing pool they are currently installing, so be warned, the week around 20th march it is out of bounds to anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you live before when you delivered in Raigmore? I used to live in Tain and both my girls were delivered there. I laboured in their birthing pool with my first daughter and found it was really relaxing. The only thing was it made me feel roasting hot and that meant I had to drink loads of cold water to cool myself down, so i had to keep jumping out of the pool and going to the loo!!!! Very annoying!! And in the end I had to get induced so I couldn't give birth in it after all :(

Would you be comforable giving birth in the pool or would you prefer to get out when it comes to the pushing stage? As far as I know they weren't keen on delivering in the birthing pool in Raigmore cos they didn't have any nurses trained for that at the time. It might have changed since then tho - that was nearly 6 years ago!

Hope all goes well this time round and that the birthing pool is available when you need it!!!:lol:

honey
05-Dec-07, 12:23
That sounds exciting, I always wished I could have had a fast labour but my shortest was 15 hrs, and don't get me started on my first labour!!

Did daddy get to cut the cord then? Or did the doc/midwife do that when she arrived?

do you know, i cant remember properly, i was pretty muchin shock by then, i remember scooping baby up and hobbling through to the bedroom.. then the ambulance folk came, im sure it was the guy that did it. Hubby was on the phone trying to convince my Mam that he had delvered the baby at home!! :lol:

kriklah
05-Dec-07, 14:19
Where did you live before when you delivered in Raigmore? I used to live in Tain and both my girls were delivered there. I laboured in their birthing pool with my first daughter and found it was really relaxing. The only thing was it made me feel roasting hot and that meant I had to drink loads of cold water to cool myself down, so i had to keep jumping out of the pool and going to the loo!!!! Very annoying!! And in the end I had to get induced so I couldn't give birth in it after all

Would you be comforable giving birth in the pool or would you prefer to get out when it comes to the pushing stage? As far as I know they weren't keen on delivering in the birthing pool in Raigmore cos they didn't have any nurses trained for that at the time. It might have changed since then tho - that was nearly 6 years ago!

Hope all goes well this time round and that the birthing pool is available when you need it!!!

I lived in Halkirk when i had baby #4, (#1 & #2 were born in Irvine, #3 was born wick), but a) due to antibodies in my blood, and b) Dr Orlando[evil] was the consultant at the time, i was made to go down to Raigmore a week before my due date, just so happens during that week they closed down the Henderson at Wick anyway, so id still have ended up having wee one there. New consltant now though who says theres no reason why i cant stay at wick this time.

i definatly want to consider a water birth for this one (didnt see Raigmore had a pool till after #4 was born!! I pretty much live in the bath towards the end of pregnancy anyway

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Dec-07, 14:56
Is it me or is there something in the water this year? ;)

I dunno. There's certainly not much to do oop north.

ett23
05-Dec-07, 19:03
i definatly want to consider a water birth for this one (didnt see Raigmore had a pool till after #4 was born!! I pretty much live in the bath towards the end of pregnancy anyway

Hope all goes well with baby number 5 and you get that water birth you're after!! :D

anneoctober
06-Dec-07, 00:47
Congratulations on your next grandchild! Can't believe she's also due on June 3rd. Probably a good time of year for having a baby - you're heavy in early summer and then you've the rest of the warm weather(we hope) to make use of getting out with baby in the pram.

Feel sorry for your son-in-law....the nutcrackers option sounds pretty painful!!

Has she had morning sickness and is she starting to get over it now? Or is she one of the lucky ones who don't have that problem?!!
She is indeed one of the lucky ones that has never suffered morning sickness [disgust] Personally with 2 of my boys I was sick up until the 7th month:eek:

ett23
06-Dec-07, 10:47
She is indeed one of the lucky ones that has never suffered morning sickness [disgust] Personally with 2 of my boys I was sick up until the 7th month:eek:

That can't be much fun! At least mine went away about the 4/5th month. Some people are sick for the full 9 months and I know one lady who was even sick all the way through her labour - with every contraction!!!.......being sick and in pain is not my idea of fun. Needless to say she only had 2 kids!!!

mums angels
06-Dec-07, 10:59
i'm confused this time about my sickness , last few days i've noticed a pattern in needing to rush to the toilet ...now one is obvious - the mention of food when i'm feeling delicate and 2 if i go outside into fresh air i all of a sudden go from feeling off to running too the loo...i would have thought that fresh air would improve it :( and being sick in local car park is not a pretty site ..LOL

ett23
06-Dec-07, 11:10
i'm confused this time about my sickness , last few days i've noticed a pattern in needing to rush to the toilet ...now one is obvious - the mention of food when i'm feeling delicate and 2 if i go outside into fresh air i all of a sudden go from feeling off to running too the loo...i would have thought that fresh air would improve it :( and being sick in local car park is not a pretty site ..LOL

Wot a shame mumsangel - being sick in a public place is horrible. Did it once outside Tesco Inverness - in a bin!!! People look at you like you've got a disease or are still hungover or something! It's not fair.

I was also sick outside once on the grass verge - we were going along in the car and I knew it was coming so i got my OH to stop the car and was sick behind a wheelie bin on the grass verge (at the end of someone's driveway!) A car drove past at that same moment and I'd like to know what they were thinking!!! :lol:

I found it was the smell of toast that set me off most the time, and getting up too quicky from sitting down. Strange thing isn't it, morning sickness - it varies so much from one person to the next.

Dadie
06-Dec-07, 12:45
Im due with number 2 at the end of may ..i hoped to get away without using my maternity clothes until after christmas but it doesnt look like it!!
2 of the mums that had babies around the same time as me last time are pregnant too!

ett23
06-Dec-07, 12:50
Im due with number 2 at the end of may ..i hoped to get away without using my maternity clothes until after christmas but it doesnt look like it!!
2 of the mums that had babies around the same time as me last time are pregnant too!

I know what you mean dadie, when I was pregnant with my 2nd I got big really early on and when I got to 5 months I looked more like 7months!! They say your womb stretches more easily after the first pregnancy, so for most of us we live in maternity clothes really early on and are thoroughly sick of them by the end!! :roll:

Dadie
06-Dec-07, 12:58
sad thing is I still hate the clothes i bought when pregnant with Lauren. I think it has something to do with the I cant wear anything else but these 5 tops and 3 pairs of trousers and i have nothing to wear that doesnt make me look fat mindset i got into! (if you look at the clothes objectively there is absolutely nothing wrong with them and are in good nick!)

ett23
06-Dec-07, 17:34
sad thing is I still hate the clothes i bought when pregnant with Lauren. I think it has something to do with the I cant wear anything else but these 5 tops and 3 pairs of trousers and i have nothing to wear that doesnt make me look fat mindset i got into! (if you look at the clothes objectively there is absolutely nothing wrong with them and are in good nick!)

I got rid of all my maternity clothes after the first time and then when I fell pregnant the second time I promised myself I'd get loads of really nice ones - and I did, from ebay. I had tons of different tops and trousers and skirts to wear. I knew if I only had a couple of things to wear I'd be so depressed about the way I looked for the whole of the pregnancy. And then the good thing was I still sold them all later and made money out of them on ebay!!! ;)

Skerries
06-Dec-07, 19:03
I'm surprised everyone is asking if they know the gender of babies. I was under the impression that Wick and Inverness have a policy of not telling the gender after a scan.

I was told this is because someone in Inverness was told the wrong gender and tried (unsuccessfully) to sue the NHS for the cost of the gender-specific baby stuff they bought! Talk about money-grabbing! :(

What are other peoples' experiences?

unicorn
06-Dec-07, 19:23
I was told I was having a girl and they were correct, but they tell you at the time that it is not 100% accurate.

ett23
06-Dec-07, 20:01
I was told I was having a girl and they were correct, but they tell you at the time that it is not 100% accurate.

Was that in Wick or Raigmore? I know Raigmore definitely don't tell because when i asked the sex of my first one when I had a scan at 37 weeks(false alarm - thought my waters had broken so they had to use ultrasound to measure how much amniotic fluid I had) they wouldn't tell me the sex. Second time round I didn't ask cos I didn't want to know anyway. ;)

My two friends who know they're both having boys are from Ayr and Perth, so the hospitals obviously don't have a no sexing policy.

JammyDodger69
06-Dec-07, 21:11

My better half is due in 8 days, we dont know the sex and it's her third baby, just counting the days til he/she arrives.

unicorn
06-Dec-07, 21:46
That was wick but 12 years ago. I was just lucky as the woman doing the scan was just doing cover work so told me :D

JammyDodger69
06-Dec-07, 21:56
my better half found out the sex last time and that was in wick. that was 4yrs ago.
apparently if it's the older woman then she may tell you as she is more experienced at the scanning.
we had the younger lassie this time, she sort of had a look but said she'd leave it for a surprise..

mums angels
06-Dec-07, 22:05
i wouldn't trust a scan completly anyway , it was wrong with my first , correct with my second and third was with an ammnio so left no doubt . as for this one i will ask for the sex, i thought i had an idea of what it was but now its starting to sway to the other :lol: will just have to wait and see i suppose.

lil_kim
06-Dec-07, 22:12
Earlier in the year me and my partner went to Raigmore for a detailed scan and were so excited about finding out the sex of the baby (we assumed they would tell us), but when we got there, there was a sign saying they do not tell you the sex. Shame that they cant incase of people suing if they make a mistake. you'd think even if you had a boy, and you were told it was a girl, you'd still be delighted you had a healthy baby? maybe thats just me?

JammyDodger69
06-Dec-07, 22:13
it's nice to have it as a surprise anyway.

my better half has had two boys already so kinda hoping for a girl. pregnancy has bn different from the other two and also have bn told it's quite a small baby. which is a relief to hear for my girlfriend as the last two were just under 9lbs.... so could be a girl...who knows...well only 8days to go..woo hoo

mums angels
06-Dec-07, 22:18
Earlier in the year me and my partner went to Raigmore for a detailed scan and were so excited about finding out the sex of the baby (we assumed they would tell us), but when we got there, there was a sign saying they do not tell you the sex. Shame that they cant incase of people suing if they make a mistake. you'd think even if you had a boy, and you were told it was a girl, you'd still be delighted you had a healthy baby? maybe thats just me?

your right you would think they would be delighted anyway i know i was with first they said i was having a wee boy , so went and bought blue clothes etc and picked out a name( which her brother now has) and she was even handed over in the hospital as a "congratulations its a boy " LOL, 10 mins later we finally unwrapped the towel and realise the it was a girl , i thought it was funny and was far from being dissapointed ..never changed a thing ( good story to tell her thou ) :lol:

i like the idea of waiting for a surprise but find that i'm too organised for that , i want to know what to buy and who will have to share rooms etc ...LOL

JammyDodger69
06-Dec-07, 22:24
yeh my girlfriend is dying to know if she can buy little dresses or not this time. just bought a few babygrows and things but all in white or cream... not sure why cos if it's a girl it'll be pink, pink, pink. lol.
either way we'll be happy as long as he/she is healthy.

Dadie
07-Dec-07, 17:45
with little girls pink is not just a colour its a way of life*laughs*
trust me i have a little girl 18 months old and pink stuff has taken over the house!

honey
08-Dec-07, 13:50
you'd think even if you had a boy, and you were told it was a girl, you'd still be delighted you had a healthy baby? maybe thats just me?

definately!! before i fell pregnant with number 2, i was desperate for a girl. During my pregnancy, my blood test results came back as high risk of Downs Syndrome. When Bubs arrived, and hubby said he was a boy... there was no dissapointment, just absolute releif that he was perfect and healthy!!

unicorn
19-Dec-07, 18:13
Congratulations jammydodger69 I just noticed that you got a son :D

ett23
19-Dec-07, 19:14
Thanks Unicorn - I see you're having problems with the forum the same as me!!! :lol:

Big congrats to jammydodger69 - how big is he and what's the wee one's name?
You'll be glad it's all over now!! ;)

Tony
19-Dec-07, 21:02
I seem to remember one of my relatives mentioned a Glasgow Hospital that you can go to for a more accurate three dimensional scan at a cost and apparently looks very real.

honey
19-Dec-07, 21:21
I seem to remember one of my relatives mentioned a Glasgow Hospital that you can go to for a more accurate three dimensional scan at a cost and apparently looks very real.

yeah, its a 3d scan, costs a couple of hundred quid though i think.