PDA

View Full Version : slow down near Caithness school.

riggerboy
04-Dec-07, 09:26
can anyone tell me why the speed restrictions are on only at certian times, i live in seaforth avenue and the traffic there is horrendous if 20 plenty then it should be all the time, we have a lot of kids in the area and sometimes the young uns go up the street like bullets from a gun,

thebigman
04-Dec-07, 10:21
Suspect that the restictions are part of the Safe Routes to School scheme - http://www.saferoutestoschools.org.uk/

TRUCKER
04-Dec-07, 10:41
The speed restrictions are in place for the kid s going in in the morning at dinner time and for when they go home

nikki
04-Dec-07, 13:54
Dont really understand how anyone can reach more than 20 in that road though, without risking hitting a car. It's pretty much single track around there from what I've seen, because of all the cars parked at the side of the road. must be pretty risky trying to go faster on that road.

unicorn
04-Dec-07, 14:02
I think it should be plain common sense to slow down in area's where there are schools, swingparks and generally children playing. Although obviously not as driver after driver proves by speeding around our area. I have seen kids on the pavement playing around the 4-5 age mark and drivers don't even attempt to slow as they get near, how can they be sure one of those kids is not going to run out?? they can't!! Surely as the adults it's up to us to actually use the sense we were born with and realise the speed limit is actually a limit, you don't have to go 20 or 30 just because that is what you are allowed to do. If you are in a residential area and there are kids about it is better to get where you are going a few minutes later than spend your life regretting hurting a child.

rfr10
04-Dec-07, 18:07
How can the speed limit be in force yesterday when there aren't even any signs up? :S