PDA

View Full Version : Good Scents This Xmas!

karia
03-Dec-07, 22:38
Before he goes and buys you that wooden chess set..( I speak from sad experience!)

What perfume do you wear and love..and want more of for Xmas?

Make your claim and point OH in the direction of this thread!;)

I love DKNY Women..it smells like my all time favourite Metal by Pacco Rabanne that is no longer made.:D

I also love Mitsouko by Guerlain but will never be sophisticated enough to wear it without ruining its image.

What are your faves?

karia

donnalee1994
03-Dec-07, 22:50
My fav is opium by a long way,Hope hubby reads this ive only a small bit left lol

changilass
03-Dec-07, 22:56
Has to be Eternity, its one of only 3 perfumes that doesn't smell like the cats litter tray when I put it on.

helenwyler
03-Dec-07, 22:59
Dior 'Addict' is my very favourite...soft, subtle and elusive...like me[lol]!

Just a little though...don't like it when you walk past someone in the street, and a second later their perfume/aftershave hijacks your nose and makes you catch your breath:eek:!!

NLP
03-Dec-07, 23:00
I love Tabu, can't get it up here anymore, got a bottle for my birthday it was found on e-bay..lovely

changilass
03-Dec-07, 23:01
Just a little though...don't like it when you walk past someone in the street, and a second later their perfume/aftershave hijacks your nose and makes you catch your breath:eek:!!

I can't go into a perfume shop, it sets of my migrain so walking past someone on the street that has emptied a full bottle is painfull[disgust]

karia
03-Dec-07, 23:03
I love Tabu, can't get it up here anymore, got a bottle for my birthday it was found on e-bay..lovely

I found a bottle in a 'remaindered' shop here and still have it on my dressing table..many's the memory!;)

Karia

golach
03-Dec-07, 23:04
Hmmm, Wooden Chess set, ty Karia, I had not thought of that, I know exactly where I can get one too[lol]

golach
03-Dec-07, 23:07
I can't go into a perfume shop, it sets of my migrain so walking past someone on the street that has emptied a full bottle is painfull[disgust]
I am like you when walking into Jenners grnd floor, the stench gives me the boawk

karia
03-Dec-07, 23:11
Hmmm, Wooden Chess set, ty Karia, I had not thought of that, I know exactly where I can get one too[lol]

You might find Xmas frostier than expected if you present that to Mrs G!:lol:

Karia

trix
03-Dec-07, 23:12
ma fave perfume is called laura biagiotti - its subtle, feminine and sexy....just lek masel :lol:

its lovely, ca get it oot o weik anymore. none o e shops store it anymore. it'l be an online job me thinks.

im runnin done, ats anither thing il hev til put on ma list. no exactly sure who il be gein iss list til yet, probly end up buyin it masel :roll:

Margaret M.
03-Dec-07, 23:13
My dance teacher is highly allergic to perfume and since wearing the smelly stuff is forbidden, I seldom wear anything. Since I have stopped using it, the smell of someone doused in cologne gives me a headache.

Angela
03-Dec-07, 23:19
Before he goes and buys you that wooden chess set..( I speak from sad experience!)

karia

Can't be as bad as the year I got a "teasmade" :eek:....

Guys, just don't even think about doing that....:roll:!

karia
03-Dec-07, 23:23
Nah Angela,

It is so blooming hard to apply behind the ears!;)

milk and 2 sugars?

gemma89
03-Dec-07, 23:25
Hmm, Amor Amor is my favorite

And Jean Paul Gaultier for Men!! :D

Angela
03-Dec-07, 23:30
Nah Angela,

It is so blooming hard to apply behind the ears!

milk and 2 sugars?

So true, karia....I much prefer a spot of Guerlain's Ysatis, or Yves St Laurent's Paris -depending on what mood I'm in...:roll:

Although these days I often use an aromatherapy pulse point thingy instead...:)

Liz
03-Dec-07, 23:37

Neither can I due to asthma.:(Know what you mean about someone who is 'reechin'! Gasp, gasp!!!

I have found a couple of 'natural' perfumes by Dolma which are nice though and I can use occasionally.

Anne x
04-Dec-07, 00:39
Dior ---Dioressence have used it a zillion years nephews and nieces call it Auntie A smell like Ralph Lauren Style but going out of production this year

WeeBurd
04-Dec-07, 01:23
Coco-Mademoiselle by Chanel - I never go anywhere without a bottle on my personage somewhere! WeeBurdie calls it my Channel 4[lol].

I used to wear Accenti (sp) by Gucci, but I think they've stopped making it now.

Don't you just hate it when you smell someone wearing nice perfume, decide to buy it, then it smells awful on you? Grrrr. Calvin Klein Truth springs to mind - smells lovely on other folk, smells like sweat in me [disgust].

ett23
04-Dec-07, 09:57
Can't be as bad as the year I got a "teasmade" :eek:....

Ha ha ha - that reminds me of an episode of Father Ted when they buy Mrs Doyle the housekeeper a teasmaid for xmas and she's so offended that she ends up destroying the thing!! I laughed so hard I cried!!!.......[lol]

ett23
04-Dec-07, 10:00
I love the Vanilla eau de toilette from the Body Shop, and I used to love the Dewberry bodyspray they had but you can't get it anymore.
Personally I think it's lovely when you walk past someone and get a waft of perfume - only if it's a nice waft. Even better if it's a good looking guy wearing a nice aftershave. I used to love Lynx Africa and Joop on men (when I was young and single!) :D;)

Ash
04-Dec-07, 11:09
love pink lacoste and the victoria beckham night perfume

shazzap
04-Dec-07, 12:33
I have three that i buy.
Curious, Opium & Youth Dew.

honey
04-Dec-07, 13:15
this reminds me of the year my hubby splashed out on Versace "perfume" for me.. ... POUR HOMME

bluelady
04-Dec-07, 13:43
I like Opium or Poison.

nanoo
04-Dec-07, 13:53
my favourite perfume has to be Byzance by Rochas, and Lou Lou by Cacharel. I guess this tells you i like strong stuff, Ha Ha. I also like Opium and Youth Dew. I do hope my OH reads this. For those of you that are interested in buying perfumes for yourselves, log onto www.fragrancedirect.co.uk (http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk) and see the many perfumes and other things available to buy. last year i bought Byzance and Lou Lou shop display bottles for under 20. 00 each, both 100ml. The bottle is the same as your normal one but packaged in a plain white box. This of course dousn't matter if you are buying it for yourself. My OH bought me Youth Dew last Christmas(60ml) and paid 35.00 for it in the town(I saw the credit card s/ment) Seriously, give this sight a go, you won't be disappointed girls. Happy surfing.:lol:

dandod
04-Dec-07, 14:36
my favourite perfume has to be Byzance by Rochas, and Lou Lou by Cacharel. I guess this tells you i like strong stuff, Ha Ha. I also like Opium and Youth Dew. I do hope my OH reads this. For those of you that are interested in buying perfumes for yourselves, log onto www.fragrancedirect.co.uk (http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk) and see the many perfumes and other things available to buy. last year i bought Byzance and Lou Lou shop display bottles for under 20. 00 each, both 100ml. The bottle is the same as your normal one but packaged in a plain white box. This of course dousn't matter if you are buying it for yourself. My OH bought me Youth Dew last Christmas(60ml) and paid 35.00 for it in the town(I saw the credit card s/ment) Seriously, give this sight a go, you won't be disappointed girls. Happy surfing.:lol:

fragrence direct is great i have used them this year and saved a few pennies.my faves are paul smith floral and marc jacobs daisy.

Thumper
04-Dec-07, 15:19
Pure poison or midnight poison for me,also wear ultra violet during the day x

scorrie
04-Dec-07, 15:22
I got my wife Petrol last year. Apparently it should have been Diesel. Hey, we all make mistakes!!

Julia
04-Dec-07, 15:24
Calvin Klein CK1 is really nice, J Lo's perfume 'Glow' is also one of my favourites. I can't stand Poison or Opium.... I thought Midnight Poison smelt like vicks vaporub [lol]

poppett
04-Dec-07, 16:16
Volopte by Oscar de la Renta for me every time, anytime.

Any preference for the men in your life?
Burberry "Touch" for men for hubby from me every time

nanoo
04-Dec-07, 17:16
I got a few prices for some of the perfumes mentioned.E Lauder Youth Dew -65ml -22.50. Oscar De La Renta - Volupte - 50ml - 15.95. J Lo - Glow - 100ml - 22.50. B. Spears - Curious - 30ml - 8.50 or 50ml - 12.50. Cacharel - Amor Amor - 30ml - 17.50 or 50ml - 19.99 or 100ml - 28.50. Yves Saint Laurent - Paris - 75ml - 27.95 or 125ml - 37.00. all of these above come fully boxed as you would buy over the counter(only cheaper) Now for the real bargains,Oscar De La Renta - Volupte - 100ml - 14.95 and also B.Spears - Curious - 100ml - 9.99. When you get these, they are in a plain box sometimes but the perfume within is in it's usual bottle, the only other thing is, both bottle and box are marked TESTER.(as you see in shops when you try them out) If if's for yourself then theres no problem.:lol: Enjoy.;)

lady penelope
04-Dec-07, 22:21
I got perfume for my birthday so I don't want some for my Christmas.

'My Insolence' by Guerlain is just lovely! and I smell gorgeous now!;)

hotrod4
04-Dec-07, 22:29
Bought the missus Ultraviolet by paco rabanne and we love it!
For me I would love Prada as I got a free sample and it is ace!!
At the moment wearing Gucci or Qourum depending on my mood :)

connieb19
04-Dec-07, 22:31
Bought the missus Ultraviolet by paco rabanne and we love it!
I like it too. My favuorite though is Flowers by Kenzo.

cuddlepop
05-Dec-07, 12:53
I love Calvin Klein.s Truth perfume.:D

Samsara is the going out fragrance

Red Charlie for everyday use.

Someone whose now an Xhusband thought he's spoil me by buying me Channel no5.

Hated it and gave it to his mother as its her favourite,think I had a lucky escape:lol:

Dusty
05-Dec-07, 17:11
karia

Can't be as bad as the year I got a "teasmade" ....

Guys, just don't even think about doing that....!

Thank goodness none of you mentioned a Black and Decker sander! :D

trix
05-Dec-07, 22:39
aye, cuddlepop, charlie red is an old time favourite o mine.

one o ma first boyfriends bought it for ma xmas years ago, iv hed a bottle ever since. its no expensive an its got such a lovely smell.

defo one o ma favourites. anyone remember...i think its called midnight musk or something?? i used til love at, no so much anymore tho.

floyed
06-Dec-07, 16:53
My all time favorite is Cerruti 1881 i always have a bottle in the house. My boyfriend recently got me Hugo Boss deep red which has a lovely smell. Also like ralph lauren's Romance.

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 16:55
Mmmm...I'll say CKIN2U Her...it's lovely!

footie chick
06-Dec-07, 17:01
marc jacobs daisy.

Got a sample of this in the post and think I'll give it a try smells lovely. Love any Hugo Boss.