PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive dog

nannydip
03-Dec-07, 19:53
Does anyone know of another make of dog food other than James Wellbeloved that might suit my dog who has a very sensitive tummy? It's more to give him a bit of variety, one of the flavours he does not like at all but I have to get it as it's all that there is in the vets.

marlyn
03-Dec-07, 20:33
Hills Science plan is a very good one, when our dog was young she used to have - sorry if too much info! - very soft poo's, but when we changed this she was perfect. I used to buy it online, but I think I have seen it in Pets at Home in Wick.

Solus
03-Dec-07, 21:02
I used to use dried food mix soaked in warm water, pascoes, all my dogs loved it. Now i got a lab with a dodgy stomach and find the frozen foods availabe from pets at home and various pet shops are fine, tripe, chicken, beef and lamb. Its all natural stuff, and i prefer it as its a more natural diet for dogs.

dawncw
03-Dec-07, 22:04
Hi there you could try Royal Canin, im sure they have a sensitivity food for dogs, i recently started feeding my cat their feline one and it has made a big difference to her stomach in the first couple of days!! Not sure if they do different flavours thou!! I got mines thru the vet so you could try them as you dont get it in the pet shop.

Hope you find something that suits him soon

rhino
03-Dec-07, 23:10
Hi there you could try Royal Canin, im sure they have a sensitivity food for dogs, i recently started feeding my cat their feline one and it has made a big difference to her stomach in the first couple of days!! Not sure if they do different flavours thou!! I got mines thru the vet so you could try them as you dont get it in the pet shop.

Just thought i would let you know that you can actually get royal canine at pets at home.

Liz
04-Dec-07, 09:19
The only food my dog Benjy can tolerate is Naturediet Lite.
You can get this at Pets At Home.:D

dawncw
04-Dec-07, 10:10

Just thought i would let you know that you can actually get royal canine at pets at home.

Rhino, i had a look in there but they didnt have the sensitivity control, i will look again thou the next time i am in. Thanks.

carasmam
04-Dec-07, 13:04
Have you tried Burns dog food? It is good for sensitive tummys :)

nannydip
04-Dec-07, 20:07
Thank you all for your posts, this is new territory for me as our last dog would eat anything, even salad! Bit apprehensive about trying something else in case it upsets him (big dog big accident!) but he is so fed up with the same thing every day.

Julia
04-Dec-07, 20:50
Have you tried Burns dog food? It is good for sensitive tummys :)

I agree with Carasmam, Burns is probably your best bet for sensitive tums!

Solus
04-Dec-07, 21:15
to try and avoid a upset stomach, introduce any new food slowly at first, maybe one or two meals a week on the new stuff, then onto three days a week and so forth. It will give their stomach and digestive system time to get used to a different food.