PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Down

Solus
03-Dec-07, 16:41
Well folks, any that watched it what did you think to it ?

I lost interest in it but watched each week just incase it got any better. LWD seemed to be nothing but border crossings, sight seeing and never breaking away from the support crew for any length of time. It just did not seem to flow like LWR, on top of that Mr McGregor inviting half his family, and finally his wife for a stage. Was it me or did Charlie seem "off" towards Ewan after that ?

emszxr
03-Dec-07, 17:05
i enjoyed it or was it just the men on motorbikes i enjoyed;)
i would have liked to see more of scotland and the other countries they travelled through. but that may have to do with bbc and them having to squeeze 15000 miles into 6 programmes. i didnt think it was the right thing for ewens wife to do a stint of it when she hardly been on a bike before. the riding conditions were not the best for a learner.

Solus
03-Dec-07, 17:14
Yes, it would have been nice to see more countries they went through, also more of them on the bikes would have been good also.

As for his missus, well, me and mine had this discussion and she would never dream of doing anything like that, not because of the riding and lack of experience but more the fact that its two mates on a journey. Then to ride off with his missus must have been a slap in the face for Charlie ! I would never dream of doing that to my mucker nor would my missus dream of putting me in a situation where i would have to chose between a mate or her.

LWD was not about two guys on bikes, but more about a group of people doing it.

Hibeechick
03-Dec-07, 17:27
Never missed an episode. Loved it. I never saw LWR so can't compare the two.

Charlie certainly did seem to find it difficult at parts where Ewans wife was there, he wasnt too kean on the idea right from the start. Fair play to her though for being inexperienced and taking on such a task. Some of those sandy tracks looked a nightmare!