PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreakers

Liz
03-Dec-07, 15:37
Are any of you good at tiebreakers in competitions?

If so can you give me some tips?

I am trying to win a tonne of fuel (coal)!!!! Need it with this cold weather and the price of coal going up!

paris
03-Dec-07, 16:13
Whats the question to win ?? jan x

scorrie
03-Dec-07, 16:36
Are any of you good at tiebreakers in competitions?

If so can you give me some tips?

I am trying to win a tonne of fuel (coal)!!!! Need it with this cold weather and the price of coal going up!

Try to refer to the product/sponsor in some way. My Dad won a colour TV in a Sunday Post competition sponsored by a crisp manufacturer. His slogan was "These crisps are so good, Oor Wullie eats them by the bucketful"

I won a first prize in a Kelloggs, Bart Simpson No Problem'O's cereal competition with the Slogan "A much better breakfast than a Krusty Roll with Marge"

I am sure that the referencing of two Simpsons characters as an alternative breakfast did the trick. It also landed me a side bet with a taxi-driver who wagered that I wouldn't win!!

Liz
03-Dec-07, 19:14
Paris the tie breaker is ' I always remember to have my chimney swept when.....

Scorrie what brilliant tie breakers! No wonder you and your Dad won!:D

Dusty
03-Dec-07, 20:30
the weather turns coaled!!

or

the fuel time whistle goes.

My daughter won tickets to see Michael Jackson at Wembley from Pepsi with:
I love Michael Jackson and Pepsi because.....they both chill me out.

hotrod4
03-Dec-07, 20:37
Try to refer to the product/sponsor in some way. My Dad won a colour TV in a Sunday Post competition sponsored by a crisp manufacturer. His slogan was "These crisps are so good, Oor Wullie eats them by the bucketful"

I won a first prize in a Kelloggs, Bart Simpson No Problem'O's cereal competition with the Slogan "A much better breakfast than a Krusty Roll with Marge"

I am sure that the referencing of two Simpsons characters as an alternative breakfast did the trick. It also landed me a side bet with a taxi-driver who wagered that I wouldn't win!!

Some good slogans there, you are wasted on here scorrie you should be an advertising exec!! :)

kriklah
03-Dec-07, 21:40
Sorry liz, cant help you im afraid, im entering that one myself, dont want to give away any good ideas!!!!! :lol:

scorrie
03-Dec-07, 23:10
the weather turns coaled!!

or

the fuel time whistle goes.

My daughter won tickets to see Michael Jackson at Wembley from Pepsi with:
I love Michael Jackson and Pepsi because.....they both chill me out.

Good slogans but you need to keep it quiet or someone will nick them and Liz might miss out!!

Liz
03-Dec-07, 23:28
Sorry liz, cant help you im afraid, im entering that one myself, dont want to give away any good ideas!!!!! :lol:

Hee hee! We could share!!!

Good slogans but you need to keep it quiet or someone will nick them and Liz might miss out!!

Yep you can pm me your slogans Scorrie! I know you won't want to share the proceeds since you have gas!!!!:lol:

scorrie
04-Dec-07, 17:20
Is there a particular company/publication behind the competition Liz? If you let me know I will try to come up with a slogan.

Liz
04-Dec-07, 18:04
It's the Coal Merchants Foundation.

Cheers Scorrie!:D