PDA

View Full Version : Equal Pay for Men and Women

Rheghead
03-Dec-07, 11:50
I've been reading a newspaper article recently that states that the pay gap between men an women managers has increased for the first time in 40 years since the Equal Pay Act was brought in.

On reading this I thought the reporting was a little ingenuous to the facts. The survey didn't report any disparity between the pay between men and women who are in the same positions AND in the same kind of industry. If they did that they may not have seen any inequality which may show that the equal pay act is actually working and not failing.

What do others think?:confused

Moi x
03-Dec-07, 22:09
I'm surprised no-one has picked up on this thread. Equal pay is still a big issue in some areas but as Rheghead suggest the figures are often presented in such a muddled way that it's hard to work out what the real situation is.

Moi x

changilass
03-Dec-07, 22:59
I don't care what sex, age, culture, religion, size or anything else you are, you should only get top wack if you can do the job as good as the others being paid top wack.

Jeemag_USA
04-Dec-07, 00:08
The idea of a woman being paid less than a man for the same job is personally disgusting to me, not only is it an insult to the intellegence of women, its also an insult to the intellegence of the everyday decent man. I am proud that I work for an employer that has pay rates for positions that do not change regardless of who is in it. I am well aware every employer is not like that, and its shameful.