PDA

View Full Version : Norfrost

moose and Lindsay
13-Sep-05, 16:17
Great news about norfrost being bought over by a company( i can't remember the name) Ice something

All 90 odd staff being kept on

Hope they do well

Lindsay

donss
13-Sep-05, 16:31
Where'd you hear that???

Searched my mate Google, but nothing coming up.......

plasticjock
13-Sep-05, 16:50
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1928162005

Just in case the link dies:Buyout saves freezer firm jobs

Staff at a collapsed freezer company have been told their jobs are safe after a buyer was found for the firm.
The 94 employees at the former Norfrost Limited in Caithness will keep their jobs, after administrators sold the business to transport and distribution company John G Russell (Transport) Ltd.
It will continue to operate from its current site at Castletown, near Thurso, under the name of Icetech Freezers Ltd.
Blair Nimmo, joint administrator at KPMG, said: "I am delighted that we have managed to sell the business as a going concern.
"Not only has this saved all 94 jobs but the sale also ensures that existing customers will continue to be serviced and that suppliers will have ongoing business.
"The business is a crucial part of the Highland economy and a key employer in the local area, so this represents a fantastic result.
"We wish them every success in the future."
Norfrost, which had an annual turnover of £13 million last year, announced it was going into administration in May due to poor sales.
Chairman of John G Russell (Transport) Ltd, John Russell, said: "I am pleased that we have managed to reach a positive outcome after what has been a difficult few months.
"The loyalty and professionalism shown by management, staff, customers and suppliers has been very encouraging, and I am confident we shall continue to build on our existing customer base and production efficiency."

Rheghead
14-Sep-05, 18:24
I see the new firm has qualified for a £500,000 grant from C.A.S.E.

johnl
14-Sep-05, 22:42
Wonder if i can get my job back as electrical maintenance manager. :roll:

moose and Lindsay
15-Sep-05, 14:03
Where'd you hear that???

Searched my mate Google, but nothing coming up.......

Hi i heard it on North tonight on monday night, thats how i knew

rainbow
15-Sep-05, 20:25
johnl - there is vacancies on the job centre website and job points for an electrical maintenance engineer, besides others.

moose and Lindsay
15-Sep-05, 20:28
what is the job centre website??

motopitcrew
15-Sep-05, 21:13
job centre site is
www.sp6.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

moose and Lindsay
16-Sep-05, 10:43
Cheers

dragonfly
16-Sep-05, 10:50