PDA

View Full Version : Missing disks

Cinders392
27-Nov-07, 13:34
I just received a letter from HM Revenue and Customs saying my name, national insurance number and childrens details are on these missing discs
Lovely
Im one of what 7 million?

Ash
27-Nov-07, 13:43
got one aswell to do with my child benefit as they have my bank details

frogface
27-Nov-07, 14:26
I would be very careful in replying to any of these as I know there are a lot of scams on the go as a result of the missing disc.

I received a letter at my work asking for personal details, the letter said they'd written to my home address several times but all letters had been returned to them undelivered ... I don't get a lot of post anyway, so I'm quite sure I've not missed them ...

I didn't reply and shredded the request for details.

justine
27-Nov-07, 15:03
Got one aswell.I am concerned as the discs hold all my childrens information,and my bank details, but i am keeping a close eye on the bank and making sure that i know all the transactuions that we do...I am not sure if any harm will come from these missing discs....But it always better to be on the watch of your bank spending to make sure they dont get used.I just hope that my childrens future will be fine and their details are not fraudulenty used by others....
I did notice that they are actualy looking for 6 discs that have not arrived at their destination.....When the gov get it wrong they dont do it by half.....

cuddlepop
27-Nov-07, 15:07
Did anyone else notice that the personel apology wasn't signed.

Maybe there's no one left at this office that wants to be associated with
them:lol:

2051donna
27-Nov-07, 15:31
i havent received one.... yet!! what does it tell you to do?

Ash
27-Nov-07, 15:34
hey donna, it apologises for everything that has happened and tells you to watch your bank account for any transactions you dont recognise

paris
27-Nov-07, 15:37
Got mine yesterday to do with grandsons family allowance. Oh well i shouldnt have to worry....i never have money in my bank anyway.LOL jan x

2051donna
27-Nov-07, 15:38
cheers! someone fraudly used my credit card in sept and my bank lloyds tsb were terrible at helping me.. fingers crossed doesnt happen again

justine
27-Nov-07, 15:50
Got mine yesterday to do with grandsons family allowance. Oh well i shouldnt have to worry....i never have money in my bank anyway.LOL jan x

well if they do happen to go into your account they may be nice and leave you some...Can only hope:lol:

wifie
27-Nov-07, 16:08
Just read my letter - doesn't tell us anything we don't already know! May have some helpful info for peeps who are not sure about how it could affect them. We just have to be extra careful I suppose and hope these numpties start using their safeguards instead of thinking about putting them in place.

telfordstar
02-Dec-07, 22:57
Has everyone recieved letters saying that their names was on the disks? alot of folk ive spoken to have but ive not got a letter?

alanatkie
02-Dec-07, 23:24
yeh i got a letter. I think most people have.

DarkAngel
02-Dec-07, 23:29
I got a letter aswell!

Foxy
03-Dec-07, 01:40
I got a letter as well.

Tugmistress
03-Dec-07, 07:48
Got mine saturday :(

Ricco
03-Dec-07, 10:17
If it were me I woukd have changed my bank account details immediately and then notified Child Ben's of the new account. This would make the original details useless.

2051donna
03-Dec-07, 10:30
I got letter too.. Think il change my details.. I had a prob with Fraud before + TSB were absolutely useless.. Cant handle going through that again

hap
03-Dec-07, 11:26
Got mine to:(

ett23
03-Dec-07, 12:28
We got our letter on Saturday but I'm not that worried - if they do try to take money out of my account they'll soon see that's impossible and maybe they'll feel sorry for me and give me some to help me out of the red! :roll:

telfordstar
03-Dec-07, 13:49
Ive still not got one yet.Everyone else seems to have gotton one barr me. Maybe im special hahaha

shazzap
03-Dec-07, 15:10
Iv'e just read on Yahoo that peoples bank details are up foe sale on the internet

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071203/tuk-bank-details-sold-on-internet-6323e80_2.html

Ash
03-Dec-07, 15:14
Iv'e just read on Yahoo that peoples bank details are up foe sale on the internet

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071203/tuk-bank-details-sold-on-internet-6323e80_2.html

i really hope that aint true, how can this happen?:eek:

alanatkie
03-Dec-07, 15:28
Yes it was on the lunch time news but they were saying it is including your pin numbers aswell. Can't be the same think as your pin number has nothing to do with your benefits

justine
03-Dec-07, 17:34
Your pin has nothing to do with child benefit, but the fact that the disks contain info about your bank details, it would not be hard for anyone to try and get into your account using the details they have and then hacking into it to get pin numbers..I suggest people keep a close eye on their accounts and make sure that all transactions are accounted for untill this mess is cleared up, if they ever clear it up that is....

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-07, 17:42
Ive still not got one yet.Everyone else seems to have gotton one barr me. Maybe im special hahaha

Erm maybe your letter is missing in the post too :roll: :eek: