PDA

View Full Version : High Ranking Nazis in Watten

TBH
02-Dec-07, 14:53
Having read about the high ranking nazis interned at watten it made my blood boil when I found that some of these men went on to serve the u.s.a after their imprisonment here, Dr Paul Schroeder became a respected, (no less), adviser to the US Air Force and Nazi propagandist Gunter d'Alquen became a key member of the CIA. Cherry picking war criminals, what a disgrace.[disgust]

scotsboy
02-Dec-07, 14:56
Serving time in Watten is surely punishment enough.............apologies George........ No coincidence you escaped Watten for the USA as well;)

Solus
02-Dec-07, 15:04
and others maybe not from Watten, went on to support the SNP avidly and become well respected members of caithness's community.

scotsboy
02-Dec-07, 15:07
and others maybe not from Watten, went on to support the SNP avidly and become well respected members of caithness's community.

You have me confused - are you talking about Nazis?

Solus
02-Dec-07, 15:10
nope, not all held at Watten were Nazi's.

TBH
02-Dec-07, 15:31
nope, not all held at Watten were Nazi's.I am talking about high profile nazis not the footsoldiers.

golach
02-Dec-07, 15:42
Having read about the high ranking nazis interned at watten it made my blood boil when I found that some of these men went on to serve the u.s.a after their imprisonment here, Dr Paul Schroeder became a respected, (no less), adviser to the US Air Force and Nazi propagandist Gunter d'Alquen became a key member of the CIA. Cherry picking war criminals, what a disgrace.[disgust]
Sorry TBH, this is old news, we have known this since the 1950's how do you think the USA won the Space Race, from the help of German engineers from the German V Bomb works.

smithp
02-Dec-07, 15:53
There were lots of members of the Nazi party that were'nt true Nazis - lots of them had top jobs - the success of the allies during the Marshall years was that they managed to de nazi fy a lot of systems whilst still keeping the civilian infrastructure in place, and in any case in view of what the CIA does I suspect being a former faschist is pretty good training!

TBH
02-Dec-07, 15:58
Sorry TBH, this is old news, we have known this since the 1950's how do you think the USA won the Space Race, from the help of German engineers from the German V Bomb works.I know the use of Nazi scientists by the united states is old news golach but the watten story is on the front page of the org and and just makes me angry and realize that whatever atrocities these people committed counted for nothing as long as they were useful to our governments. History's mistakes should always be brought to a new audience.

golach
02-Dec-07, 16:04
I know the use of Nazi scientists by the united states is old news golach but the watten story is on the front page of the org and and just makes me angry and realize that whatever atrocities these people committed counted for nothing as long as they were useful to our governments. History's mistakes should always be brought to a new audience.
These men also conributed a lot of their Scientific skills to the betterment of mankind too, And I will agree they also helped the Allies, us included in the Arms race, to contribute to bigger and better ICBM's on both sides of the cold war

Rheghead
02-Dec-07, 17:36

What crimes did they commit?:confused

scotsboy
02-Dec-07, 17:49
What crimes did they commit?:confused

Doing what they were told.........something even I am guilty of.......oe and again.

Rheghead
02-Dec-07, 18:39
Doing what they were told.........something even I am guilty of.......oe and again.

Gunter d'Alquen has a wikipedia entry and he seems to be more than just guilty of following orders, he seems to have been giving the orders to hate jews.

fred
02-Dec-07, 19:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro&feature=related

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Dec-07, 10:50
Every time something bizarre happens in Caithness I tell my friends it's not unusual: Caithness is the centre of the universe. What next - a hangar keeping alien lifeforms in captivity in Janetstown?

brandy
03-Dec-07, 13:08
i think a lot of them were told to hate jews.. that if you were caught sympathising then you were no better than them and deserved what they got. (well thats the mentality as i understood it)
the french railroads were under investigation for war crimes as they transported the jews to death camps knowingly and took payment for it..and their are masses of other examples..

northener
03-Dec-07, 13:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro&feature=related (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro&feature=related)

Brilliant.

TBH
03-Dec-07, 13:43
how do you think the USA won the Space Race, from the help of German engineers from the German V Bomb works.
These men also contributed a lot of their Scientific skills to the betterment of mankind too, And I will agree they also helped the Allies, us included in the Arms race, to contribute to bigger and better ICBM's on both sides of the cold warA lot of advancements in aeronautics were made using data gained through the heinous experiments committed against prisoners in the Nazi death camps? Were our governments not as morally bankrupt in citing data from these madmen?

Rheghead
03-Dec-07, 13:47
A lot of advancements in aeronautics were made using data gained through the heinous experiments committed against prisoners in the Nazi death camps?

Which heinious experiments were those and how did they advance aeronautics science?:confused

TBH
03-Dec-07, 14:19
Which heinious experiments were those and how did they advance aeronautics science?:confusedThese experiments covered a wide range of subjects not just aeronautics.
To post details or a link wouldn't be a good idea on here, suffice to say the experiments were very real, extremely horrifying and well documented.

Valerie Campbell
03-Dec-07, 14:26
It's good to see so much debate about the prisoners. I only wrote about a few of the high ranking ones as the documents concerning others are classified and will be held until I'm in my 70s! Secrecy still surrounds this kind of history and it wasn't easy finding out what I did. I was even asked at one point not to write about the camp but felt it was important to tell its story.

Rheghead
03-Dec-07, 15:12
It's good to see so much debate about the prisoners. I only wrote about a few of the high ranking ones as the documents concerning others are classified and will be held until I'm in my 70s! Secrecy still surrounds this kind of history and it wasn't easy finding out what I did. I was even asked at one point not to write about the camp but felt it was important to tell its story.

I'm a bit puzzled by this.

The Freedom of information Act 2000 has revealed lots of secret stuff, of which, most is more contemporary and politically sensitive, including the fact that the UK had post-war torture schemes in Germany and it helped Israel to build its A bomb, and yet the info surrounding a few high ranking nazis in little ol' Caithness is still to be kept secret till way off in the future?:confused

Valerie Campbell
03-Dec-07, 15:44
I'm a bit puzzled by this.

The Freedom of information Act 2000 has revealed lots of secret stuff, of which, most is more contemporary and politically sensitive, including the fact that the UK had post-war torture schemes in Germany and it helped Israel to build its A bomb, and yet the info surrounding a few high ranking nazis in little ol' Caithness is still to be kept secret till way off in the future?:confused

This Act applies only to the UK. I wasn't referring to just UK documents. I should have made that clear. Sorry for the confusion caused to you Rheghead.

Rheghead
03-Dec-07, 15:50
This Act applies only to the UK. I wasn't referring to just UK documents. I should have made that clear. Sorry for the confusion caused to you Rheghead.

So will the UK documents be available if they are asked for under the FoI act?:confused

The Pepsi Challenge
04-Dec-07, 01:57
Hi Valerie - check your inbox, please.

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Dec-07, 18:30
If there is anyone who has first-hand experience of Camp 165 - and would like to be part of a newspaper feature am writing on the camp - please, please get in touch asap. Thanks in advance...

Also... if you knew someone or have family connected to the place - or simply have a story to tell from that time - please get in touch, too...

Valerie Campbell
11-Dec-07, 19:53
Just to let you know the book will be in D R Simpsons and Jim Bews early next week. Enjoy, and thanks again to all of you who helped.

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Dec-07, 20:13
I think your publishers ought to give you a book launch in Caithness, Valerie.