PDA

View Full Version : What do the guys think?

helenwyler
02-Dec-07, 13:13
Lots of us gals have revealed our make-up tactics!

What do you guys and OHs prefer?

Painted ladies or the 'au naturel' look?

And your tips for washing it out of your shirt, please!;)

EDDIE
02-Dec-07, 13:29
i aint bothered one way or the other and as for tips in washing it out of the shirt stick in the washing machine and push the button

Bobinovich
02-Dec-07, 13:46
I really can't be doing with the fairer sex wearing too much make up - especially day to day. A little is alright for a night out but, in general, I definately prefer the natural look.

Camel Spider
02-Dec-07, 13:46
A cheeky smile is the best make up.

But if you do have to wear it girls then try not to make it look like it was put on with a trowel.

Less is more.

NickInTheNorth
02-Dec-07, 14:16
natural skin every time for me.

I really don't care how imperfect it may be. I really hate cosmetics with a passion. Yet another marketing con trick to prise more hard earned cash out of peoples pockets :D

Solus
02-Dec-07, 14:29
Au natural is fine by me, along with a pair of jeans and a t shirt, although nothing wrong with a little here and there for nights out / work etc . Plus a lady who can get down and dirty and not worry about nails, hair, clothes etc.

Welcomefamily
02-Dec-07, 15:01
A little is OK but I perfer the natural look, the best way to get rid of it out of the shirt is leave the shirt in a screw up ball by the side of the bed and forget about it.
It will re appear in your chest of drawer all neatly fold up about five days later as if by magic. Its the Caithness Pixies.

northener
02-Dec-07, 16:48
I find a lot of make-up very off putting. I almost get the impression the person behind the make up is obsessed with how they look and little else.

Might look ok in a dim area like a pub, club or restaurant. But in the light of day I find it rather like looking at a mask.

I'd prefer to see the real person.

golach
02-Dec-07, 16:58
Painted ladies or the 'au naturel' look?

And your tips for washing it out of your shirt, please!;)
I prefer the 'au natural' look myself, maybe a negligent and a dab of perfume, but nothing more :Razz
P.S. to remove Lippy
Usually removed by normal washing, however, if this is not the case use a grease solvent and wash again.

horseman
02-Dec-07, 22:06
A touch of lipstick an blusher never hurt anyone,not even some lads;)

johno
02-Dec-07, 22:31
like the natural just outa bed in the morning look.:cool: [lol] heh heh

JimH
02-Dec-07, 22:33
I have always thought that you played with cards you were dealt, and that is the same for all things on this earth.

sassylass
03-Dec-07, 03:56
The men's responses on this thread don't match up with their responses on the Who Do You Secretly Fancy But Shouldn't thread [lol] fassssssssscinating

Ricco
03-Dec-07, 10:22
I prefer the au naturel, maybe with a little subtle lipstick and some careful eye liner. The OTT painted doll look is cheap and unattractive. In the warmer months a bit of cleavage goes a long way but conversely, in the winter I prefer the troos and boots, fluffy jumper look. ;)

ett23
03-Dec-07, 12:43

Come round my house in the morning when I'm just up and you might feel differently! And does that include morning breath??!

helenwyler
03-Dec-07, 14:08
I prefer the au naturel, maybe with a little subtle lipstick and some careful eye liner.

You've been practising then, Ricco!;):)

Ricco
03-Dec-07, 21:38
You've been practising then, Ricco!;)

Aye, but I haven't quite got the knack with the eyeliner - where I lick the pencil I keep getting lines on my tongue. :D

Tony
03-Dec-07, 22:13

The "come to bed look" would be better still.

I don't really mind but do think a woman should take care of her appearance and a little makeup shows this. If she wants to attract us blokes then first impressions count and even when married with kids she should try and continue to ensure her husbands interest.

karia
03-Dec-07, 22:17
The "come to bed look" would be better still.

I don't really mind but do think a woman should take care of her appearance and a little makeup shows this. If she wants to attract us blokes then first impressions count and even when married with kids she should try and continue to ensure her husbands interest.

Just like you guys do..keeping the ol' magic alive ?!!!:roll:

I ensure that my husbands interest....stays in the TSB!:lol:

Karia

Tony
03-Dec-07, 22:33
I ensure that my husbands interest....stays in the TSB!:lol:

Good one:lol:

karia
03-Dec-07, 22:43
I prefer the 'au natural' look myself, maybe a negligent and a dab of perfume

I assume you meant 'negligee' golach but it gave me lots of fun imagining what sort of garment a 'negligent' would be...One that just doesn't care I suppose![lol][lol]

karia

ett23
04-Dec-07, 10:03
Aye, but I haven't quite got the knack with the eyeliner - where I lick the pencil I keep getting lines on my tongue. :D

You should try liquid eyeliner instead - no licking required and much easier to apply!! :lol:

saxovtr
04-Dec-07, 10:16
to much definately looks silly,as stated above wearing to much makes me think they are obsessed with how they look e.g when they walk passed every window they are staring in it to see how they look,can be bothered with that!

bigjjuk
04-Dec-07, 11:28
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it doesnt really matter, if you love them that much.

But keeping in with the thread, I think a little makeup works wonders as it gives the wearer a better sense of wellbeing and also the person staring a nice bit of eye candy too.

But I agree trowelled on is just not right

Sporran
04-Dec-07, 11:38
I prefer the 'au natural' look myself, maybe a negligent and a dab of perfume, but nothing more :Razz

I assume you meant 'negligee' golach but it gave me lots of fun imagining what sort of garment a 'negligent' would be...One that just doesn't care I suppose![lol]

karia

Golach's a gent who likes his woman in a negligee! ;-)

helenwyler
04-Dec-07, 11:51

And maybe sometimes out of it?[lol]

Psst! Golach, wipe that lippy off before MrsG catches you!!;)

Rheghead
04-Dec-07, 12:14
Lots of us gals have revealed our make-up tactics!

I usually buy her a bunch of flowers or do a lot of housework for my make-up tactics. If she wants to carry on sulking after that then I go into real grovel mode.:Razz

helenwyler
04-Dec-07, 12:44
I usually buy her a bunch of flowers or do a lot of housework for my make-up tactics. If she wants to carry on sulking after that then I go into real grovel mode.

Nice one Rheghead![lol]

Is your tongue in your upper cheeks?...or do you have nice knees and know your place as well??;)

golach
04-Dec-07, 14:52
Sporran, the word I typed was meant to be negligent, just think about it [evil][lol]