PDA

View Full Version : xferring songs from itunes to sony walkman phone

dragonfly
02-Dec-07, 11:33
I am trying to transfer songs I have purchased from iTunes onto my Sony Walkman phone but when I go to the song lists there is "no useable file to transfer" I can transfer songs that I have uploaded to iTunes from CD's but those I have purchased have a padlock symbol when I look at them in windows explorer

Does anyone know how to unlock these so as I can transfer them - or even another way of transferring them over? I have tried burning to disc but this takes ages and I can't get the song titles/artist etc to go over to the phone - they are all unknown artist! :(

maidencaithness
02-Dec-07, 12:12
I am trying to transfer songs I have purchased from iTunes onto my Sony Walkman phone but when I go to the song lists there is "no useable file to transfer" I can transfer songs that I have uploaded to iTunes from CD's but those I have purchased have a padlock symbol when I look at them in windows explorer

Does anyone know how to unlock these so as I can transfer them - or even another way of transferring them over? I have tried burning to disc but this takes ages and I can't get the song titles/artist etc to go over to the phone - they are all unknown artist! :(

Here is a link http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3_format.html
for converting itunes to mp3 which I assume your phone will use. Apple like to be different and stop people playing the itunes on whatever they like [evil]

dragonfly
02-Dec-07, 20:56
thanks for that maidencaithness, i've got all my fave previously protected itune songs on my phone now :Razz