PDA

View Full Version : How do you wear yours?

danc1ngwitch
01-Dec-07, 16:16
How do you wear your makeup?
Some day's i don't wear any, other days i use black eyeliner ( bottom of lid only ). I don't really need my lash's done they long enough.
I wear shadow, normally dark.
I some days wear foundation.
I like lipstick though, My lips are blue so i prefer to wear it.
My pet hates are girls/woman that have foundation on but it stops right at the jaw and it looks like they wearing a face on a face.
Interested in any simple tips, youngsters use the makeup in many different ways.

Tugmistress
01-Dec-07, 16:21
never wear it in every day life, working outside in all weathers isn't really the best environment to wear it in lol. if i wear it, it is only a little eye stuff and lippy when i go out.

golach
01-Dec-07, 16:27
never wear it in every day life, working outside in all weathers isn't really the best environment to wear it in lol. if i wear it, it is only a little eye stuff and lippy when i go out.
You have no need of any makeup Tuggs your bonny as you are, and I dont use any either, my mother warned me about men with make up :lol:

sam
01-Dec-07, 16:30
never wear it unless i am going out somewhere special, the thought of plastering my face with make up just to go shoppping etc is just nuts.
I prefer to let my skin breathe not suffocate it under all that gunk;)

sam
01-Dec-07, 16:32
You have no need of any makeup Tuggs your bonny as you are, and I dont use any either, my mother warned me about men with make up :lol:

Lol you have just shattered my illusion of you!!! :eek:

Mik.M.
01-Dec-07, 16:35
don't bother with foundation and hate that tango'd effect that stops at the jawline. yuk!

If abroad in hot place use pore refiner as a base as makeup does not run so much with it. If here and it is cool I wear moisturiser as a barrier.

Wear eyeshadow in light brown/gold or grey(blue/grey eyes) , eyeliner (liquid) on upper and half of lower and waterproof mascara. blusher lightly on apples of cheeks and lippy (with lip balm in winter). Lipcoat is very good if going somewhere special to seal lips but no good with glossy lipsticks as just goes gunky.

Have to make sure that the colour pallet you use goes with colouring.

riggerboy
01-Dec-07, 17:25
indoors only lol

Tugmistress
01-Dec-07, 17:26

thank you for the compliment :o
i remember a lot of men wearing make-up in the 80's though lmao

changilass
01-Dec-07, 18:02
Don't wear it, too lazy to get up half an hour early in a morning just to put a bit of slap on. Even on my wedding day all I had was lipsil - did cheat a bitty and have a false tan done a few days before though lol

unicorn
01-Dec-07, 18:11
don't wear it. I prefer my natural look.

Liz
01-Dec-07, 18:47
I don't usually wear make up but do love Mineral 'Foundation'.

It is completely natural and is so pure you can sleep in it! I hate wearing normal foundation!

Lolabelle
01-Dec-07, 21:16
I used to wear make-up to go to the mail box [lol]
But now, I work from home so I really only put on a full face when I am going out for dinner or something like that.

I will wear make-up today to church. But most likely just a lick of tinted moisturiser and some mascara and a bit of lip salve.

Full face is foundation, blemish concealer, 2 colours of eyeshadow (shades to match what I'm wearing), blush, eyeliner, mascara, lipliner and lippy, and sometimes a gloss.
As I used to do this so often when I worked, it only takes me a couple of minutes, I could never understand when people said it took them hours to get ready. Even my hair only takes a few minutes. I just don't muck around, get stuck in and I'm off :Razz.

hell raizer
01-Dec-07, 23:54
the only time i ever bother with make up is if im going out, and thats never these days :roll:

alanatkie
02-Dec-07, 00:20
When i was youger i wouldn't go out of the house without make up on - now i hardly ever wear it. Usually only if i am going for a night out or an interview I will wear some. It's not that it takes long to do i just don't see the point in wearing it everyday.

BRIE
02-Dec-07, 00:37
I dont feel dressed without my makeup on!
I wouldnt be seen out without it.

Moi x
02-Dec-07, 01:33
I dont feel dressed without my makeup on!
I wouldnt be seen out without it.Nor me. I can manage perfectly well without it but I get so much more done with my little confidence boosters.

Moi x

floyed
02-Dec-07, 07:01
I wear make up if im going for a night out. Very occasionally, if i can be bother i will put some on when we do are weekly shop:D

I use very little foundation, green, purple or smokey eyes, brown eyeliner (not as harsh as black) and mascara. I never wear lip stick tho i just use nivea lip balm or vaseline. And you girls out there who have'nt invested in a pair of eyelash curlers go get yourself a pair they are great, they make my eyes look well big:lol:

brandy
02-Dec-07, 09:48
i hardly ever wear make up ..
if im going out.. or every now and again to work.. you know when you just want to feel pretty instead of blahh..
i also put foundation on my neck and smooth it in so you dont have the make up face..

Thumper
02-Dec-07, 10:14
I wouldn't be seen dead without my make up on,I won't go out without it.I used foundation,powder,blusher,eyeshadow....well the list goes on and on but I feel totally naked without it ;) x

danc1ngwitch
02-Dec-07, 10:18
i saw a girl in wick tesco and she was dressed as the Goths do.
Now adays thats just what it is dress.
She looked beautiful, in all her makeup etc.

airdlass
02-Dec-07, 10:19
For work I wear mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss but when I go out it's the full works:cool:

Ricco
02-Dec-07, 10:47
Only on Saturday nights down at the night club. ;)

Thumper
02-Dec-07, 10:52
Ricco I am suprised you need to wear make up with those lovely legs of yours on show ;) x

Ricco
02-Dec-07, 11:02
Ricco I am suprised you need to wear make up with those lovely legs of yours on show ;) x

LOL, Thumper. I did crimp my hair once at uni - it felt great... like my head was covered in bubbles.

paris
02-Dec-07, 11:12
Dont use it unless im of out singing and even then its only lippy and a splash of mascara, Im beautiful enough not to need it ( yer right ) ! LOL jan xx

Thumper
02-Dec-07, 11:52
LOL, Thumper. I did crimp my hair once at uni - it felt great... like my head was covered in bubbles.
Ricco...are you trying to tell me that you are an airhead?:eek: Lol nah you are far too clever to be like that!I used to crimp mine all the time,even had to get up at 6.30 so I would have enough time to do it before going to school :roll: x

helenwyler
02-Dec-07, 11:53
Just a good moisturiser for a 'glow', lipsalve and a bit of eyebrow definition for me.

MrW doesn't like me wearing make-up...I used to try and get away with a bit of mascara and liner, but he'd spot it straight away and tell me, in a nice way, he liked me better without it....I've been taking it as a compliment all these years, but:eek:....

And he still hasn't sussed the eyebrow enhancement[lol]!

Angela
02-Dec-07, 12:51
I'd hesitate to set foot outside the house with a bare face :eek: but only put on the minimum....tinted moisturiser, a wee bit of eyeliner under my eyes and some lippy.

I don't think I look made up, just a bit less tired than I do without it! ;)

Dadie
02-Dec-07, 13:01
usually just a bare face but when I feel low or my face is bad with dark circles under the eyes and THAT spot on the chin or if im going somewhere special(not tescos!) I will slap on some make up .. cover stick, tinted moisturiser, eyeshadow, lippy and mascara

ett23
02-Dec-07, 15:43
I used to wear make-up every day as a teenager but I have eczema on my face and it got worse as a teen. I went to the doc about it and she suggested not wearing makeup anymore or even stop altogether. So now I only wear it when I really need to - 3 times a week!

My routine is tinted moisturiser, powder, eyebrow pencil (good for definition), black eyeliner (only the outer corners of my eyes to make them look bigger!), 2 shades of eyeshadow (pinks or browns), curl eyelashes (fantastic invention!!) then 2 layers of mascara, blusher on the apples of the cheeks and drift up the cheekbone to the hairline, then lippy - either red or pale pink/brown depending on my mood and the occasion!

Make-up makes me feel much more confident about myself and my hubby always says I look stunning with it (and without!) but personally it covers up the nasty bits and makes the best of the nice bits! ;)

rockchick
02-Dec-07, 16:41
I don't wear full make-up unless I'm going out in the evening someplace special. During the day, I just don't wear it. Don't have the time, and just can't be asked! The one exception tho is a clinique powder for my nose which evens out the rosea (I think that's how you spell it - basically red). I'd look like Rudolph everyday if I didn't!

karia
02-Dec-07, 18:42
I go for just a wee hint of colour where there should be colour, eyelash curlers
and the best beauty boost Known to woman...an illuminating highlighter or flash balm.

It's not that we are old/tired/spotty etc.....

......just badly lit!;)

Karia

WeeBurd
02-Dec-07, 23:39
I'm reluctant to leave the house at all without my cover-up to hide those nasty dark circles (I blame the kids :lol:), and a dusting of blusher and powder as I have quite an oily t-zone - lovely!! For lips, I always carry my 8hr creme around with me, and re-apply it constantly, it's brilliant for giving a slick of gloss, and it works a treat on any chapping. Like Karia, I'm also a great believer in a decent highlighter too - it can really brighten you up and works wonders on tired looking eyes. (When abroad, I use my 8hr creme as an alternative highlighter, popping a wee drop on my eye lids to open them up without loading on colour).

These days I only put the full slap on if I'm heading out for the night, but when I do I love to experiment - I try and adapt the latest trends to suit my own colouring. I've always loved "playing" with make-up, even as a kid, I just don't really get much time to do it now :confused.

Margaret M.
02-Dec-07, 23:40
The only times I leave the house without makeup on is to go to the gym or work in the yard. I love the bare minerals makeup -- very good for the skin. Like Lolabelle I can slap it all on in no time flat.

alanatkie
02-Dec-07, 23:49
I've always loved "playing" with make-up, even as a kid, I just don't really get much time to do it now :confused.

My kids wear make-up more often than i do :lol:

Anne x
03-Dec-07, 01:04
very little bit just a bit of colour on skin with a skin brightener use olny dermalogica products and Lip balm thats it

shazzap
03-Dec-07, 01:15
Like to wear makeup every day makes me feel better about myself.
mascara lippy & blusher a must