PDA

View Full Version : Help

Mik.M.
30-Nov-07, 21:55
Does anyone have any ideas how I can get red felt-tip pen off of our daughters pine bed. It is not stained, waxed or varnished.

NickInTheNorth
30-Nov-07, 21:58
If it is a completely untreated wood I would use either wire wool or a very fine sandpaper, just rub with the grain.

Mik.M.
30-Nov-07, 22:19
ok, thanks we will try once we have shown the parents of the visiting child who did it!

unicorn
30-Nov-07, 22:22
ahhhhh very frustrating indeed, would turps remove it? or would that just stain the wood as untreated?

NickInTheNorth
30-Nov-07, 22:35
probably spread it and drive it deeper

lab
30-Nov-07, 22:46
Use hairspray the cheaper the better finds it removes everything from anything

karia
30-Nov-07, 22:49
Do you have a sander?

Do the parents responsible have a sander?

Are they embarrassed enough to hire one?

Sand it..but then get it treated as it will be so much easier to care for and probably look better too.

Good Luck!

karia

starry
30-Nov-07, 22:52
I remember one of mine scribbling all over my neighbours newly decorated dining room

If folk knew exactly what was involved we would all breed cats instead ;)

unicorn
30-Nov-07, 22:55
my worst was kids visiting that put plasticine down the back of the radiator into the wavy metal bit and it was lumps and lumps of it, I never noticed until the heating came on and it was all run down the back and melted and dripping on the carpet :roll: what a job that was to clean :eek:

karia
30-Nov-07, 22:56
I remember one of mine scribbling all over my neighbours newly decorated dining room

If folk knew exactly what was involved we would all breed cats instead

see!..You will be getting a kitten.won't you? You can't help yourself ....and don't kid on that it's for the mice!;)

kariax

starry
30-Nov-07, 22:57
I am going to decide over the weekend, but probably yes

karia
30-Nov-07, 23:01
[quote=starry;304245]I am going to decide over the weekend, but probably yes[/quote

We knew that!:eek:

We want pics of your 'decision':lol:

Be happy!

karia

starry
30-Nov-07, 23:09
When I get my decision I will photograph straight away :cool:

Sorry for hijack miknhev, have you tried sanding it yet ?

mccaugm
01-Dec-07, 00:02
Try baby wipes or Flash scrubby cloths between these two products you can get the marks out of virtually everything. Happy Scrubbing!

Julia
01-Dec-07, 00:07
those eraser blocks by JML in woolies will remove anything!

highlander
01-Dec-07, 00:38
Well folks its Jif for me everytime, all this fancy cleaners promise you they can do this and that, jif has never let me down yet!

angela5
01-Dec-07, 14:23
Well folks its Jif for me everytime, all this fancy cleaners promise you they can do this and that, jif has never let me down yet!

I use Jif, re-named cif. Works wonders on everything.

Mik.M.
01-Dec-07, 17:27
Thanks for all the advice,wire wool & Mr Muscle got it off the pine but not off the wall.

Pennylane
01-Dec-07, 20:53
Thanks for all the advice,wire wool & Mr Muscle got it off the pine but not off the wall.
Try WD40 ...My G/son did same to daughters bed and walls with felt pen lol and that was the advice i gave her and it worked :D He also covered himself ...but i told her not to spray him with it ...:Razz