PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Macleod Enquiry

Cattach
30-Nov-07, 10:03
Having been well and truly taken to task regarding his dealings with the McLeod family Chief Constable Ian Latimer says his force is not 'Institutionally Arrogant'. Might such a response at this time not be considered rather Arrogant?

Venture
30-Nov-07, 10:25
At long last it has been publicly recognised that the Macleod Family, in their quest to find out the truth about what happened to their son Kevin, have been treated incompetently by Northern Constabulary. The findings of the Police Complaints Commission into the handling of the case by the force now state that Ian Latimer must meet with the family face to face and answer any questions they may have. The chairman of the Northern Joint Police Board has already apologised for their treatment. It is a disgrace that it took ten years to reach this decision and the family have to be commended for their ongoing fight for justice. A call has been made for Mr Latimer's resignation. Not before time.

simpsoney
30-Nov-07, 10:32
I agree. About time.

Cattach
30-Nov-07, 12:33
I agree. About time.

Now that the Northern Constabulary have quite clearly been shown to be incompetent and inconsiderate to the MacLeod family it is time for the Police Board to take action in this matter. In many other professions people who have acted in such a manner would have at least been reprimanded by now and more than likle drummed out of their jobs.

nanoo
30-Nov-07, 12:58
Best news i've heard in ages. Saw it this morning in the local and 1 national paper. Perhaps now, the case will be reinvestigated PROPERLY. Good luck to the McLeod family in this, it's been a long time in coming.:~(

saxovtr
30-Nov-07, 13:13
the police are more interested in stopping young people in cars,if they are doing nothing wrong they should be left alone,but no they stop you and try to find a fault with your car,i think its rediculous kevin had internal injuries but it was an accident,incompetence springs to mind

dandod
30-Nov-07, 13:50
10 years is a long time to wait for an apology. all the family want is to see the person/people responsibe be punished. instead they have had to fight for the police to even recognise that something sinister went on.had the police done their job properly then the family could have concentrated on what was most important i feel this apology may be too little too late fo a family which i imagine has little or no trust in an incompotent police force who should hang their heads in shame. and along with his apology to the family mr latimer should resign from his post as he is clearly not capable of doing his job.

braalterr903
30-Nov-07, 14:49
it about time his family got this its horrible the way they have been treated.

hotrod4
01-Dec-07, 09:25
About time.
After all was said previously on here I am glad that the family have finally been proved to be right about their treatment.
Looks like the polie have alot to answer for.
Good luck to hugh and june for the future.

danc1ngwitch
01-Dec-07, 19:20
love of a mother and a father looking for truth.
Brave people and people to be proud of.

hotrod4
02-Dec-07, 14:37
it is a "slap in the face" to those people on here not so long ago who were having a go at them.
looks like common sense prevails for once!

Rheghead
02-Dec-07, 20:19
the police are more interested in stopping young people in cars,if they are doing nothing wrong they should be left alone,but no they stop you and try to find a fault with your car

It isn't just young fowks (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6923721.stm) they are interested in. And it isn't the only mistake he will admit to making this year.

Having been well and truly taken to task regarding his dealings with the McLeod family Chief Constable Ian Latimer says his force is not 'Institutionally Arrogant'. Might such a response at this time not be considered rather Arrogant?

It was probably arrogant of him to say it should be a warning to others when he got done for speeding, I just want it to be a warning for him to never do it again.

hotrod4
02-Dec-07, 20:26
It isn't just young fowks (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6923721.stm) they are interested in. And it isn't the only mistake he will admit to making this year.

What a brilliant find!!!!!!
Nice one rheghead :)

saxovtr
03-Dec-07, 00:08
hope im with some1 when they get stopped,im printing that off and asking what sort of example that is!!!