PDA

View Full Version : business internet directory

spurtle
29-Nov-07, 21:50
Just had a letter from these people, asking to check my business details on their listing. Watch this one - if you send a confirmation, they will take it as an order, and bill you a ridicuulous sum of money - second time we have had this

ywindythesecond
29-Nov-07, 23:21
Just had a letter from these people, asking to check my business details on their listing. Watch this one - if you send a confirmation, they will take it as an order, and bill you a ridicuulous sum of money - second time we have had this

I didn't think it was useful, so rejected it. Glad I did now. Thanks Spurtle.

Dynamic Sounds
30-Nov-07, 14:40
Had something similar a few months ago. Got a call one day asking if I would be interested in the possibility of advertising in a fire prevention thing that was beig sent to schools in the Highlands. I asked them to post me out some info and I'd get back to them.

About 10 mins later I get a call asking for my credit card details to pay for the advert. I explained that in the earlier convo I never agreed to pay for anything, and all I wanted was information so I could see what I would get if I wanted it. The guy went off and listened to the call (handy things some call centres record all calls) and agreed with me. I would have prob taken out an advert, but after the semi-underhand tactics used by the sales guy, I refused!

Hibeechick
30-Nov-07, 15:10
Had something similar a few months ago. Got a call one day asking if I would be interested in the possibility of advertising in a fire prevention thing that was beig sent to schools in the Highlands. I asked them to post me out some info and I'd get back to them.

About 10 mins later I get a call asking for my credit card details to pay for the advert. I explained that in the earlier convo I never agreed to pay for anything, and all I wanted was information so I could see what I would get if I wanted it. The guy went off and listened to the call (handy things some call centres record all calls) and agreed with me. I would have prob taken out an advert, but after the semi-underhand tactics used by the sales guy, I refused!

It probably wouldnt have reached half the schools anyway. These companies can take your money etc... and they only send out a few. All probably within an area hundreds of miles away.

Dynamic Sounds
30-Nov-07, 17:41
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3528/Concern_over_sponsored_booklets.html

After I posted I read this in the groat today. I must have a sixth sense.