PDA

View Full Version : kwik pass driving tuition?

NickInTheNorth
28-Nov-07, 17:43
or something similar.

Looking for contact details.

Was giving a driving lesson on Provost Cormack Drive in Thurso at about 4.30 this afternoon.

Would like to contact the instructor.

kgs
28-Nov-07, 18:46
not sure of number but have heard its quite expensive, £600 for 20 hours and i suppose there is no guarantee you'll pass at the end of it.

telfordstar
28-Nov-07, 18:55
I was thinking about learning to drive after the xmas was done with surely lessons are not that expensive.

karia
28-Nov-07, 19:05
I was thinking about learning to drive after the xmas was done with surely lessons are not that expensive.

Hi Telfordstar,

I don't know about Caithness but down here lessons are pushing £28-£30 per hour so the figure quoted by kgs is about right.:(

Karia

kgs
28-Nov-07, 19:26
locally its about £25/hour, i think. kwik pass is a one week intensive course so its more expensive. not bad when cost is spread over weekly lessons but a lot when in one go. and who knows how long it will take to be ready for a test.

northener
28-Nov-07, 20:38
Be careful regarding intensive courses.

Make sure you are absolutely clear when your test date will be. Doing x amount of intensive tuition in one week and then waiting 6 weeks for a test is a waste of time.

If they offer 'guaranteed' passes, ensure you know EXACTLY whre you stand if you fail. There can be a get-out clause with some instructors.

Going rate £22-£25 ph in Caithness.

I would suggest block booking a few hours every week over a few weeks as opposed to one 'hit'. If you get one pants day on an intensive course, you are going to struggle.

If anyone has got any questions or queries, PM me.

Can't speak for the instructors in Thurso, but the ones in Wick are all fine to deal with. Take yer pick.