PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift Appeal

CFM
28-Nov-07, 16:04
Caithness FM are once again running their annual toy appeal for local children who are less fortunate than our own. New, unwrapped gifts can be delivered to the CFM studio in Neil Gunn Drive in THurso until 14th dec. We will also be happy to collect toys in Thurso precinct this saturday during the fun day. Anyone who would like more information can contact us by emailing office@caithnessfm.co.uk

thank you

CFM
02-Dec-07, 18:25
We would like to thank everyone who donated toys to the toy appeal yesterday at the Thurso Traders fun day - the support was amazing!

All toys (and gifts) received by us are taken to the social work department in Wick and distributed to children in the Caithness area, so if you'd like to help please contact us or deliver your gift to our studio in Neil Gunn Drive, Thurso between 7-12 any evening.

Merry Christmas

botheed
02-Dec-07, 18:35
can you collect in wick?:cool:

CFM
03-Dec-07, 13:05
arrangements can be made to collect in Wick if required

Liz
03-Dec-07, 15:51
I would like to donate as well so where would you be able to collect in Wick?

girnigoe
03-Dec-07, 18:39
All toys (and gifts) received by us are taken to the social work department in Wick and distributed to children in the Caithness area,

So can we drop them into the social work department in Wick? Im sure I asked this last year and was told no???

CFM
04-Dec-07, 09:42
I don't see that it would be a problem to drop gifts directly to the social work department - after all, all that matters is that the kids get them. If anyone would like to donate in Wick or elsewhere in the county then please email me at office@caithnessfm.co.uk and we will make arrangements. Some students from North Highland College are taking care of collections outwith THurso for us this year and I am not100% sure what arrangements are in place yet so do not want to give wrong information. Sorry for the confusion but I can assure you that any donations will be collected and delivered in time for Christmas!

thanks again

Don Quixote
04-Dec-07, 12:22
I believe that North Highland College in Wick are collecting toys for the CFM appeal. So if you take them down there they will be gratefully accepted.

CFM
04-Dec-07, 12:24
we have just had confirmation that the college is indeed a collection point in wick so please give generously!

Don Quixote
04-Dec-07, 12:28
North Highland College in Thurso also are also collecting - I have seen the box in reception - so let's make sure that it is a good Christmas for all children.

botheed
05-Dec-07, 20:39
we have just had confirmation that the college is indeed a collection point in wick so please give generously!thats fine thanks. perhaps next year you could do a collection at the wick fun day also:Razz

CFM
06-Dec-07, 13:15
good idea! in fact we could take our OB unit down and play christmas music in the town centre all day like we do in Thurso if the organisers would like that. Anyone know who organises the wick fun day?

alistair harper
14-Dec-07, 00:51
corporate mobile team thurso raised £245 and bought toys for the christmas appeal a great acheivment well done, not forgetting other orgnisations who have also been collecting in wick and thurso a big well done to caithness people.
im sure there will be a lot of happy kids this christmas

ashaw1
14-Dec-07, 13:21
arrangements can be made to collect in Wick if required
Will drop off something at the college then, thanks for the info!

Cinders392
23-Dec-07, 22:32
Are you still collecting for this or is it too late? I have a few items that could be of use. Can drop off in Thurso tomorrow?