PDA

View Full Version : What a month for films

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Nov-07, 16:03
We have had Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix,Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End,Shrek 3 and next week Transformers.And if yer interested the Bourne Ultimatum the week after.Who says the film industry is deid.No me.....

Highland Laddie
28-Nov-07, 23:22
We have had Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix,Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End,Shrek 3 and next week Transformers.And if yer interested the Bourne Ultimatum the week after.Who says the film industry is deid.No me.....

Harry potter and the order of the phoenix / not to bad
Pirates of the caribbean at worlds end / quite good
shrek the third / quite good
Transformers rise of the silver surfer / not to bad
Bourne ultimatum / brilliant best of the 3

Jeemag_USA
29-Nov-07, 00:40
I thought Tansformers was rubbish, seen it on DVD a couple weeks ago, had to switch it off as it was sending me to sleep. I thoroughly enjoyed Spiderman 3 though, cracking film, maybe the best of the three.

Went to see The Mist on Friday night, for fans of horror and Stephen King, I loved it, was on the edge o ma seat, great to see in the cinema with the surround sound and all, highly recommended!

Camel Spider
29-Nov-07, 01:17
Simpsons Movie is out as well this month.

Rheghead
29-Nov-07, 01:59
I've just been to see Beowulf tonight at Allstarfactory, it was fantastic! It took me a wee while to get used to the cgi graphics but I was well immersed within 15 minutes or so.

They could do with turning the heating up a wee bit though, I am not cold blooded by any means but it was ridiculous tonight, that was the only thing that spoilt the film tonight.:(

Jeemag_USA
29-Nov-07, 02:19
I've just been to see Beowulf tonight at Allstarfactory, it was fantastic! It took me a wee while to get used to the cgi graphics but I was well immersed within 15 minutes or so.

They could do with turning the heating up a wee bit though, I am not cold blooded by any means but it was ridiculous tonight, that was the only thing that spoilt the film tonight.:(

Thanks for the review Rheg, I have been a bit skeptical of this movie and thought maybe the advert was just well put together, I am always a bit wary of CGI movies and thought this one looked kind of corny, but I will give it a try on DVD when it comes out.

Rheghead
29-Nov-07, 02:28
Thanks for the review Rheg, I have been a bit skeptical of this movie and thought maybe the advert was just well put together, I am always a bit wary of CGI movies and thought this one looked kind of corny, but I will give it a try on DVD when it comes out.

Yes it is corny, but dark age poets are renowned for bulling up their heroes, you have to take that into account. Not to mention the artistic licence given to Angelina Jolie's physical acting attributes, mind you...[lol]

cuddlepop
29-Nov-07, 15:50
Stardust is on at our cinema this weekend,I know where moths behind the new releases .

Alot of it was filmed in the Fairy Glen in Uig on Skye so I guess we're going to watch it and play "I've been there".

My brother done that at his local cinema and the girlfriend was mortified.His excuse was that he didn't know he was going to see his favourite haunts and just got excited.:lol:

shazzap
29-Nov-07, 16:18
I don't like going to the cinema, as i like to be cuddled up on the sofa with a drink and some nibbles.I wait until films come out on dvd.
Cannot wait foe Beo Wulf to be released as a dvd as fantasy and sci fi are my favourite films.

karia
29-Nov-07, 16:29
I don't like going to the cinema, as i like to be cuddled up on the sofa with a drink and some nibbles.I wait until films come out on dvd

Me too shazzap!

Has anyone seen 'Pans Labyrinth' ? I am thinking of watching it tonight!:D

Heard it was very good.

Karia

henry20
29-Nov-07, 16:39
I don't like going to the cinema, as i like to be cuddled up on the sofa with a drink and some nibbles.I wait until films come out on dvd.

SNAP!!! But only because I always fall asleep watching a film, so won't waste money at the cinema!!

shazzap
29-Nov-07, 16:55
Ive seen Pans Labyrinth Karia. It's a really good film

karia
29-Nov-07, 16:57
Ive seen Pans Labyrinth Karia. It's a really good film

Thanks shazzap...I'll get the popcorn in!:)

helenwyler
29-Nov-07, 19:03
Has anyone seen 'Pans Labyrinth' ? I am thinking of watching it tonight!

Saw it last weekend karia!

Quite a powerful allegory of the Spanish Civil War. You might need a tissue...unless you like soggy popcorn:eek:!