PDA

View Full Version : SETANTA technical problem??

frank ward
28-Nov-07, 14:00
I dumped Sky [not before time] and I now pay for Setanta instead.
Along with Setanta comes the Liverpool channel.
I have a problem with the sound on this channel only [no 448], all other channels are fine!

Simply, I get no sound whatsoever on most broadcasts - chat shows, historical games etc. Even the adverts are silent.

Some games from Setanta 1 [on which I get full sound] are later shown on LFC, but all I can hear is the crowd and tannoy - no commentators at all!

This is weird. So is it my equipment or has anybody else got this problem??
I've tried the usual remedies - switching everything off, checking/changing scarts, removing wireless phones from room etc etc - to no avail.

Metalattakk
28-Nov-07, 14:47
Some games from Setanta 1 [on which I get full sound] are later shown on LFC, but all I can hear is the crowd and tannoy - no commentators at all!

And you're complaining? That sounds like nirvana to me.

It is my firm belief that football commentators and anal-ysts are the scourge of television. Why do we need to be told what's just happened? We've just seen it with our own eyes!

frank ward
03-Dec-07, 18:44
Well, over 100 readers to date and I'm none the wiser. I assume a good proportion of these readers have Setanta without my problem.

I cannot fathom how Setanta/Liverpool FC channel can send me the sound of the crowd, but nothing else at all !!

Must I therefore conclude that it is my own equipment that is at fault, resulting in one [almost] silent channel out of hundreds on Sky???

scotsboy
03-Dec-07, 18:50
Is there an audio selection option Frank? I live in the Middle East and on some channels have the option for commentary in Arabic or English OR have both off and just listen to the crowd. I would have a search through some of the menu selections.

hotrod4
03-Dec-07, 20:34
I would agreee with post above.When is set my 5.1 DVD player to 2.1 all i can hear is the music in a film with no commentary or the opposite.If you have a 5.1 function on the box or the TV try adjusting the settings and see if that works.
Hope that helps.