PDA

View Full Version : teenagers dumbest statements.

justine
28-Nov-07, 11:07
I am curious to find out whether i have the only teen in the world that is what i would call BLONDE....

She asked me one day wether the light stayed on in the fridge when you close the door, i could not get it into her that you dont need to see when the door is shut.

The best so far was about a water feature we bought for the front garden. My hubby set it up and out of the blue she asked if it comes with its own water....:confused
Now i cant be the only one who has a confused teen...CAN I.:eek: i did forget to mention that she is 17....

Mr_Me19
28-Nov-07, 17:20
My OH once pointed towards orkney (from Thurso beach) and asked if it was Scrabster. Then at a later date (probably trying to redeem herself) she proudly pointed to Dunnet head and told me that it was Orkney (we were on Castletown beach that time). She is 16.

jings00
28-Nov-07, 17:28
15 year old lassie started a job in the place where i used to work. how long have you worked here? she asks. o, since august i replied.
oh, is that next august or last august??
hmmm. will not print the name to protect the innocent :-)

johno
28-Nov-07, 19:49
I am curious to find out whether i have the only teen in the world that is what i would call BLONDE....

She asked me one day wether the light stayed on in the fridge when you close the door, i could not get it into her that you dont need to see when the door is shut.

The best so far was about a water feature we bought for the front garden. My hubby set it up and out of the blue she asked if it comes with its own water....:confused
Now i cant be the only one who has a confused teen...CAN I.:eek: i did forget to mention that she is 17....
aw , that.s not to bad Justine, i have a report from several school,s with questions & answer,s and it,s almost unbelievable what the teenager,s answer,s were . absolutely side splitting. it,s just a pity that the org is too sensitive a place to post them

weestraw
28-Nov-07, 19:52
I was once speaking to my OH (18 year old) and she was telling me about a friend who had a Toyota Prius. I commented that it was a very green car and had low emmissions, her reply: "No its a red one"

Rheghead
28-Nov-07, 20:13
Teenagers are one thing but oldies are another. My father once asked me what I was watching on the TV. I said "A black comedy", he said "OK but why are there white actors in it then?"

young_fishin_neep
28-Nov-07, 20:13
ive cum out with alot of stupid things to many to remeber lol im sure mum will embarass me and tell you some if she can rember any, i do know i couldnt change a light bulb a couple of weeks ago but i redeemd myself as i asked mum to try and she couldnt do it either :o) had to get a friend to come do it for us lol that was embarasing !

kazz xxxx

ther posted it as me lol

orkneylass
28-Nov-07, 20:34
My niece, who lives in a semi-rural location, was on holiday with us in Orkney with her family, when she pointed at circular bales in the field next to our house and asked "Why do the farmers put those things in the fields?"

horseman
28-Nov-07, 20:58
Very little bette rthan blond tales (johno's are great) young neep you are an embarresment;) an I am still chuckling at the orkney lass.
My youngest daughter -blond-once said -was that before your time dad? we were watching a program set in the mid 17 hundreds!an she was quite sincere,-she has no sence of humour.

unicorn
28-Nov-07, 21:18
My daughter once commented whilst holding the cat that she could feel it's heart beating and was that normal, to which I replied I would be more worried if you couldn't to which she innocently replied why????? ouch :lol:

Dog-eared
29-Nov-07, 02:39
I phoned someones mobile from home this week while they were in their car and after chatting I said I'd get back in touch later.
They said - I'll give you my mobile number then.
I said - I've just phoned you on it !!

htwood
29-Nov-07, 03:58
Oldies are as funny as teens. A friend in Notts was walking with his dad; they passed a McDonald's and the old guy said McDonald's? HUH, Scottish food, what do they serve?

Cattach
29-Nov-07, 08:24

Has it not occurred to you that she is having you on!!! She probably going around telling her mates how dumb you are and that you are a DUMB BLONDE whose hair is really grey!!!

Mr_Me19
29-Nov-07, 08:57
Has anyone ever noticed that a lot of threads now have at least one post in it where someone insults the original poster for no apparent reason?

Lolabelle
29-Nov-07, 09:04
Has anyone ever noticed that a lot of threads now have at least one post in it where someone insults the original poster for no apparent reason?

I agree, I wonder why some have to do this.

But back to the original thread;

When my sister was 16, and blonde (from a bottle!!!), my Aunt rang and asked if anyone had left some yellow socks at her place. Gina replied, "Are they pink?"

golach
29-Nov-07, 10:30
Oldies are as funny as teens. A friend in Notts was walking with his dad; they passed a McDonald's and the old guy said McDonald's? HUH, Scottish food, what do they serve?
Ht now I like that one [lol]

paris
29-Nov-07, 10:53
My x daughter-in-law was peeling spuds one day and i made a comment about the" EYES " ( the little shoots what grow ) she held it up to the light and said i cant see through them, well i nearly peed my pants.LOL LOL LOL jan x and she IS blonde !!!!!

JammyDodger69
29-Nov-07, 14:32
My step daughter once asked me why there wasnt an exhaust on the front of the car....

Poor girl must have thought it was jet propelled or something..

Another one she did I'll not name her cause she'd probably kill me, but she once said while watchin Terminator 2 and the Terminator is chasing the girl and you hear the drums everytime the camera is on the Terminator 'Can she not hear the drums?'

I still tease her about it til this day hehe

saxovtr
29-Nov-07, 14:37
thats class lol

i got asked not long ago why my mates car starts but dosnt move(clutch is ed)couldnt get it through that then engine produces power and the clutch transfers the power through the driveshafts/hub where the wheel is bolted on lol

sassylass
30-Nov-07, 02:04
17 year old Sassylass was visiting her boyfriend's house, and his parents had just returned from Germany where they'd bought a cuckoo clock. "Oh do you speak German?" asks Sassylass. "No" they replied. "How can you tell the time then?" asks Sassylass.
The silence was deafening. They never understood it was a joke :roll:

wickchick
30-Nov-07, 13:41
At college, heard one ask lol what date is christmas again lol never laughed so much

Lolabelle
01-Dec-07, 20:50
I just remembered one of my own clangers;

When I was about 15, I was helping my dad build a garage. When we were carrying in the lenghts of hardiplank cladding I couldn't control the 20ft lengths and they were wrapping around me like a boomerang. My dad told me to use my forearms.
I replied.
"I only have two." :eek:

johno
02-Dec-07, 19:39
I saw a guy being interviewed by a cop on america,s dumbest criminals
He was asked his date of birth to which he replied 20th march. The cop said, what year ,The crook said every year. [lol]

justine
02-Dec-07, 20:11
Has it not occurred to you that she is having you on!!! She probably going around telling her mates how dumb you are and that you are a DUMB BLONDE whose hair is really grey!!!

I hope so, because then atleast i know that it is not for real.As for your statement that is the dumbest iv,e heard for a wee while.....

Welcomefamily
02-Dec-07, 22:51
Marking a biology paper the question asked: What is the primary use of Molars?
The person had replied the primary use of the molars was to aid in, however they mis spelt mastication.

It brought tears to my eyes. :Razz

alanatkie
03-Dec-07, 02:04
I hope you gave them top marks for brightening up your day. :lol:

Welcomefamily
03-Dec-07, 08:42
I knew what they meant, so yes.

justine
03-Dec-07, 13:50
one of my kids who is nine came out with a corker last night...We were watching harry potter and the philosiphers stone. The twin brothers were on and she asked me if they were twins in real life..:eek:....To which i just looked at her and replied No, they searched until they found two that looked alike, to which she replied, Did they.:confused...Oh well the next generation of teens has started early in my house....

sassylass
04-Dec-07, 04:59
one of my kids who is nine came out with a corker last night...We were watching harry potter and the philosiphers stone. The twin brothers were on and she asked me if they were twins in real life..:eek:....To which i just looked at her and replied No, they searched until they found two that looked alike, to which she replied, Did they.:confused...Oh well the next generation of teens has started early in my house....

I can understand her question. What with all the special effects these days, it's hard to tell real from make believe.

BRIE
04-Dec-07, 15:17
my 16 year old asked us yesterday what came first the chicken or the egg? my partner replied the egg. my son asked how the egg came first? so my partner replied the egg grew out of the ground!( with a smirk on his face!)
My sons reaction was 'WOW! really i didnt know that'
It wasnt till my partner was rolling about laughing that he realised he was joking!

BRIE
04-Dec-07, 15:24
not the dumbest thing my children have said but one of the dumbest things theyve done....
we were in Inverness shopping & decided to go to JJB my two sons aged 14 & 16 were walking in front of me when they stopped at the doors, in unison they both took a step backwards then took a step forward again towards the doors, stopped again looked at each other then looked up. I was a bit confused as to what they were doing until it clicked! I then had to point out to them both that if they pushed the doors they might open as they werent automatic!!:lol: