PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santas

wifie
27-Nov-07, 23:28
Well I have had a real good piece of news tonight and for two reasons! My OH has just told me that his office have decided to donate the money they would normally spend on Secret Santa gifts to charity which in the first place is a really nice thought. My second reason for delight is that I will not have to buy a present for someone I don't even know - he always gets round me with the 'but you are so good at buying presents' line!
Happy Christmas to me!

karia
27-Nov-07, 23:47
Yes indeed Wifie..not an easy task!

Spare a thought for me this crimbo as OH has his birthday on the 28th!:eek:

All ideas grasped at!

kariax

airdlass
27-Nov-07, 23:51
This is the first year of the "secret santa routine" for me - luckily the person I'm buying for is one of my friends:)

Mr_Me19
28-Nov-07, 09:02
I hate the Secret Santa idea. The OH does that with all her friends. Now as well as me having to come up with ideas for presents the friend that gets her present asks me to think of theirs too because I 'know her best' .... :eek:

starry
28-Nov-07, 10:16
I have three different secret santas to sort out this year, one with work and two with different groups of friends.

I have solved it all buy just buying three of the Lewis Peat Cutters Calendars.

Folk will be happy enough with it as the profits are going to leukaemia research.
So this year it has been easy, other years I have really struggled and always ended up buying either something classy when everyone else went novelty or the other way round.

wifie
28-Nov-07, 11:00
See I was right these things are a nightmare! Good one starry though at least you are using the charitable angle too. I also get your drift about buying the wrong type of gift.

mccaugm
28-Nov-07, 12:31
I have three different secret santas to sort out this year, one with work and two with different groups of friends.

I have solved it all buy just buying three of the Lewis Peat Cutters Calendars.

Folk will be happy enough with it as the profits are going to leukaemia research.
So this year it has been easy, other years I have really struggled and always ended up buying either something classy when everyone else went novelty or the other way round.

Where can you buy those calendars...would love to get one for my mum for a laugh. Not sure what my mum would say though..LOL!

henry20
28-Nov-07, 12:45
Where can you buy those calendars...would love to get one for my mum for a laugh. Not sure what my mum would say though..LOL!

http://www.johnmacleanphotography.com/peatcalendar.htm

grandma
28-Nov-07, 14:23
OH MY GOODNESS !!! :eek: What fine strapping men those west coast peat cutters are. I've come over all giggly. Must get a few of those for the house - out of grandpa's sight of course. ;)

honey
28-Nov-07, 19:05
Yes indeed Wifie..not an easy task!

Spare a thought for me this crimbo as OH has his birthday on the 28th!:eek:

All ideas grasped at!

kariax

i can maybe beat that.. i have my brother in laws on the 6th, my eldest sons on the 17th, my brothers on the 18th.. and my Mams 50th on xmas eve!!! :eek:

karia
28-Nov-07, 19:11
i can maybe beat that.. i have my brother in laws on the 6th, my eldest sons on the 17th, my brothers on the 18th.. and my Mams 50th on xmas eve!!! :eek:

Commiserations honey! We need a secret Birthday fairy as well as a secret Santa.;)

Karia

honey
28-Nov-07, 19:15
Commiserations honey! We need a secret Birthday fairy as well as a secret Santa.

Karia

thats a good idea!! :lol:

to make it worse, im coming home for christmas, so my kids will have christmas pressies up there, more when we get home, then more the following day when we go to my in-laws.. the last time we did that, my son was lookign for more pressies the week after.. he had got so sued to it!! :lol:

young_fishin_neep
28-Nov-07, 20:23
i never know what to get any of my friends let alone my family! my mum get her xmas pressie on her birthday (18th dec) cuz im never here for xmas and i can get away with just getting her two small things last year she got a dressing gown and a dvd :) nice an easy lol and just out of spite i got a pink dressing gown knowing she hates pink, she laughed thankfully but she does like it :)

kaz xxxx

orkneylass
28-Nov-07, 20:32
We stopped buying presents and started taking a collection for gift aid for a charity.