PDA

View Full Version : Ink Refill Kits

Billy Boy
27-Nov-07, 18:00
Would anyone recommend using ink refill kits for their ink cartridges or is it better to just buy new ones?

bluewickers
27-Nov-07, 20:13
I bought a refill kit a few weeks back a long way cheaper than the refill, and it does up to 8 refills. Replacement cartridge - £20.00. Refill kit - £13.00 including delivery. Only down side is that the my printer still thinks the cartridge is empty but worth the money. Quality is still the same though

TisIivy
27-Nov-07, 21:22
I have tried various refill kits although cheaper than the real cartridges they
are not near as good and don't last ,as printer keeps thinking it is out of ink

gem1982
27-Nov-07, 23:30
What kind of printer do you use? See mine is a dell and only until recently I thought you could buy dell cartridges from them only and at a whopping price but you can get reconditioned cartridges now Tesco do Dell ones at £14.00 each which is far cheaper than from Dell themselves you also get a lot of online companies now selling reconditioned cartridges try googling it and see what you come up with. Save faffing around with refilling the one you have

Dog-eared
28-Nov-07, 12:12
Refill kits are Ok and very cheap if a bit messy to do until you get it sussed.You also need a cartridge chip resetter to reset the chip to read full again. £7 from Maplin in Inverness. They do kits too.
Now I buy cartridges from the net - the last I bought was from www.inkjetpark.com in January for an Epson stylus c86 photo.
They were £14.99 inc post for 16 cartridges. Yes - 16.
They may not last as long but , hey, theyr'e a sixteenth the price of a cheap Epson cartridge !
Shop around , you dont have to pay £23 for a tablespoon of ink !