PDA

View Full Version : Scotland are World Champions

Anne x
25-Nov-07, 14:10
Colin Montgomerie and Marc Warren Scotland have won the golf Mission Hills World Cup after a play off with USA great we have won something

nanoo
25-Nov-07, 14:20
Well done to both of them. This is maybe a sign of things to come. Well, we can dream can't we.:lol:

Metalattakk
25-Nov-07, 14:43
Scotland were World Champions at Elephant Polo in 2005 (deposed by the all-conquering Nepalese), although interestingly no Scottish elephants were used.

In all honesty, I'm not surprised we haven't reached those heady heights again if we're not using the abundance of talented young U21 elephants coming through the Scottish ranks.

The future of the Scottish team is at risk if our own talents are ignored in favour of these foreign imports. :(

Camel Spider
25-Nov-07, 15:10
I have taken a beer form the Fridge .. I have the Queen CD in the Hi-Fi .. Sing with me now .. "We are the Champions my Friend .. etc etc"

Continue until the Beer runs out.

Nice One Guys .. ;)

Welcomefamily
25-Nov-07, 15:11
Well done Scotland

Cattach
26-Nov-07, 16:26
Colin Montgomerie and Marc Warren Scotland have won the golf Mission Hills World Cup after a play off with USA great we have won something

I follow sport, including golf, and I did recognise either of the USA players so maybe we were not up agaianst their top team. Nevertheless, we won something so we must be thankful for small mercies.

scorrie
26-Nov-07, 17:00
I follow sport, including golf, and I did recognise either of the USA players so maybe we were not up agaianst their top team. Nevertheless, we won something so we must be thankful for small mercies.

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are numbers 1 and 2 on the USPGA money list. The top players usually go where the best prize/appearance money is, when not involved in the major tournaments.

Weekly and Slocum are 23 and 30 on the money list but there are probably only about a dozen or so USA players who are currently higher than them in the list. The USA have won the World Cup 23 times so are usually a potent force whatever the line up. You can only beat who is put in front of you and I think the lads did a great job.

Scotland should actually have won the tournament before but Sam Torrance missed a 10 inch (some say shorter!!) putt to lift the trophy and then ended up on the losing team.

Phoebus_Apollo
26-Nov-07, 21:37
Surprise Surprise - Sky New "forgets" to mention the Scottish Golf Champions....and they wonder why we support any team England plays against...:roll:

golach
26-Nov-07, 21:45
Wow did you see the prize money they both got £400,000 now thats good money for just chasing a wee ball with a curly stick [lol]

wifie
26-Nov-07, 22:18
Woohoo! Thanks for bringing it to our attention Anne.

Anne x
27-Nov-07, 01:16
Wow did you see the prize money they both got £400,000 now thats good money for just chasing a wee ball with a curly stick [lol]

now now Golach !!! What about 22 men on a pitch chasing a bigger ball (pardon the pun ) and the wages they get and where did golf originate
Awld Reekie was it not a place in Leith somewhere ?

Now all we need is another Scot to suceed at Tennis be it any Murray brother [lol]

golach
27-Nov-07, 10:14
now now Golach !!! What about 22 men on a pitch chasing a bigger ball (pardon the pun ) and the wages they get and where did golf originate
Awld Reekie was it not a place in Leith somewhere ?
Acutally Anne x, it was supposed to be in the Leith Links that chasing a wee ball with a curly stick was invented and that was before Leith was swallowed up by Auld Reekie, but I do agree about the overpaid footie players.
Golf to me is a good walk spoiled, my last game of golf was on the day Charlie and Diana got married, at least that day out was a good memory for me, we had great day out at Gifford