PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Anne x
25-Nov-07, 02:07
Who is your hero or heroine of the moment ? be it Private Life or Country maybe even a Charity or Organisation that has played a big part of your life ?
this came to me after watching a old Documentary on Trawlermen and Lifeboat Crews

Fran
25-Nov-07, 02:49
My hero is "himself". In the 9 months he had terminal cancer he never complained or moaned about being in pain etc, he kept cheerful and on the go right to the end when he died 3 weeks ago. He was so brave, and thought of others and not himself, so he is definetly my hero.

Margaret M.
25-Nov-07, 17:12
I am so sorry to learn that your husband died, Fran. I do not know you but you come across as a strong, very selfless woman and I'm sure you were a wonderful care giver. I wish you the best as you continue your journey through life.

golach
25-Nov-07, 17:23
Who is your hero or heroine of the moment ? be it Private Life or Country maybe even a Charity or Organisation that has played a big part of your life ?

Anne that is a very hard question, I have been puzzling over this ever since I read your post, there are so many unsung hero's in this World of ours, just where do you start?
On a light note, I would say Mrs G is my heroine , she has put up with me for over 45 years now, and I just asked her if she still loved me, she replied "Of course I do, and stop interrupting me when I am watching TV!!!!!!"

Camel Spider
25-Nov-07, 18:16
I agree with Golach in that it is such difficult question to answer. For me a Hero is someone who puts others before themselves, displays behaviour worthy of emulation and is modest about it. So many people deserve the accolade every day, for example Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Fire Service and the Police Service.

But for me the likes of Johnson Beharry VC, Brian Budd VC and Mark Wright GC are examples of the Human Spirit at its very best.

Anne x
25-Nov-07, 20:21
I agree with Golach in that it is such difficult question to answer. For me a Hero is someone who puts others before themselves, displays behaviour worthy of emulation and is modest about it. So many people deserve the accolade every day, for example Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Fire Service and the Police Service.

But for me the likes of Johnson Beharry VC, Brian Budd VC and Mark Wright GC are examples of the Human Spirit at its very best.

and todays rescues with the rig on Fire Coastgards and sea rescue pilots