PDA

View Full Version : Found

craig
24-Nov-07, 21:28
Hi, about 2 weeks ago, i found a kitten near the retail park wick which was very close to dying from malnutrition and very thin, I'm pleased to say he/she has put some weight on and seems to be doing good now, i am wondering if anyone has lost a kitten, i would say it was only a few weeks old when found.

nanoo
25-Nov-07, 14:59
Awwww poor wee thing, i guess it dousn't know how lucky it is, that you found it. When Bert came home he was pretty thin too(that was Wednesday last 21/11) it is now Sunday and he is puting on a little weight now because he is getting many small feeds every day and i even give him a couple during the night and he is loving all the attention. If the wee kitten is'nt claimed, will you keep him/her yourself? After all, you were the saving grace in his/her life and i'm sure he/she would love to stay with you. Good luck to you for the kindness you have shown to a tiny defenceless kitten.;)

craig
25-Nov-07, 17:51
Hi, nanno, wheres that from ? oh yeah mork & mindy :D I would love to keep the kitty, it looks like a famous cat !!!! but alas, i have a dog and they just ar'nt going to see eye to eye, not kittties fault, it does make the effort but just as well it has fast reflexes !!!

nanoo
26-Nov-07, 13:47
Don't give up on them craig, they will probably surprise you. In the past we had two dogs(Border Collie and a Norwegean Elkhound) and four cats. Believe it or not, they got along famously together, Zakk(Elkhound) hated cats but he knew those long sharp things on the end of their paws could really hurt, so he learned to compromise instead. Glenn, however loved everything with four legs like himself, if fact, one of our cats Misty, had kittens and when she needed to go out, she put her four kittens in between Glenns front paws and he watched over them for her till she came back in. So stick with it craig and everything will fall into place eventually. Let' s hear a progress report now and again. Good luck to you and the two furballs. Te he.lol;)

craig
27-Nov-07, 00:19
thanks nanno, I will keep you updated an garfields progress, tried to post him/her on here, so everyone could see, but can't seem to get the url to work yrt, maybe cause i'm a new member ? was down in inverness today & was expecting a blood bath when i returned, despite my early morning efforts, but dog was at one side of couch and puss on the other, they tolerate each other but thats as far as it goes, not so dissimilar to us humans aye ?

nanoo
27-Nov-07, 13:26
Good for you craig, see, if they wanted they could have fought to the death, but they did'nt. Believe you me, they will learn to tolerate one another and friendship will grow from that. Before you know it they will be best pals. Looking forward to an update anytime. Have fun with them both.:lol::roll:

Liz
27-Nov-07, 13:44
Well done Craig on rescuing the poor wee kitten. Wonder where it came from and why no one has reported it missing?

Unless of course it was a stray cat who had kittens?:(

It is so good of you to take it in and care for it so well. Here's hoping Garfield and your doggy will get on okay.

If you need any help just let me know.

evelyn
27-Nov-07, 18:59
Craig I'm in a similar position to yourself. I found a kitten a month or so ago and decided to keep him. I've already got 2 greyhounds and an extremely territorial and fiesty old cat. I had my reservations as to how it would work out but I'm surprised at how well they all tolerate one another. The kitten has had a few wallops and been barked at, but all in all it has worked out well.
In fact I wouldn't be without him now.
Lucky little Garfield.
evelyn

Liz
27-Nov-07, 19:02
Delighted to hear that it has worked out okay with the kitten Evelyn!:D

It is a good job there are kind people like you and Craig! Well done both!

Solus
27-Nov-07, 19:03
Yse, give them time to adjust if you can, like others have said they will learn to tolerate each other. My cat is lost without the dogs, when i take the dogs out she is up at the window meowing and waits at the door for them to come back.
She has also in the past sat and washed the dogs faces, the springer was not to keen but the big old soft lab just lay there happy as larry. Although she rules the roost and will sit in the door way and not let the dogs past which is really funny !!!!

craig
28-Nov-07, 23:14
Will need to take garfield to the vets tomorrow, keeps being sick, dont think he/she is very well :(

evelyn
28-Nov-07, 23:49
Aaww, poor thing. Let us know how you get on.
evelyn

nanoo
29-Nov-07, 13:19
Sorry to hear that craig, let us hope it is something easy to fix. Keep us up to speed will you craig? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Liz
29-Nov-07, 14:48
What a shame! Hope it is nothing serious.

craig
22-Dec-07, 15:48
Well garfield is doing well, turned out she was helping herself to the dog food and it was this which was making her sick, this kitty is the hungriest kitty ever, maybe that's just because it is a kitten and growing. Thanks to the posters and you were all right, it makes me laugh when i see garfield and the dog lying on the couch together, never thought my dog would go soft but i actually think my dog enjoys having another furry friend around :)

merry xmas to all !!!

unicorn
22-Dec-07, 15:52
Glad it all worked out for you all Craig. Well done you for helping this kitten in distress :D Merry xmas to you all too :D

nanoo
22-Dec-07, 17:55
Glad to hear Garfield is doing fine Craig. See, did'nt i tell you they would learn to get along. They will stay best friends forever now. Alls well that ends well, as they say.:roll: Have a great Christmas and a Happy and healthy 2008 Craig, to you and all at home. ;)

Liz
22-Dec-07, 20:12
That's great news Craig!

Well done again for giving the wee kitten such a lovely home and I am glad that all is harmony.:lol:
I take it that you have wormed her as this can make them hungry?

Happy Christmas to you all!

craig
23-Dec-07, 16:23
Hi Liz, garfield had a bad flea problem when i found her, i treated this with frontline spot on which seems to have sorted the problem, i've always treated my dog with this as a precaution, i'm just wondering now about the worming you talked about, she is constanly hungry and consuming many times what the go cat food says is required for her size, she's 2 kilos now but was under a kilo when i found her and skin and bone, what are these worms ? and can you see them in the litter tray ? i have not noticed anything, what would be the best treatment for this and is there a possibility the cat could give this to the dog or even me ?

Strangely this cat loves licking my socks while still attached to my feet !!!

unicorn
23-Dec-07, 16:29
if you go to the vets they will give you worming tablets for the cat and the dog, best to treat both with an all round wormer. You would see tape worms in the litter tray but not roundworm. This site has good info http://www.wormfree.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.wormfree.co.uk/)

Liz
23-Dec-07, 18:58
if you go to the vets they will give you worming tablets for the cat and the dog, best to treat both with an all round wormer. You would see tape worms in the litter tray but not roundworm. This site has good info http://www.wormfree.co.uk/ (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.wormfree.co.uk/)

Beat me to it Unicorn!:lol: