PDA

View Full Version : beach fishing

boxer
24-Nov-07, 19:31
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if you are allowed to sea fish on sandside beach reay!!

Also can anyone tell me of anywhere which is good for beach fishing!
Thanks

lazytown
24-Nov-07, 19:35
Doubtful if you are allowed to fish on sandside,

Try Dunnet Beach or Reiss beach they are both good for Sea bass, Reiss also had Sea trout when in season.

Phoebus_Apollo
24-Nov-07, 21:42
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if you are allowed to sea fish on sandside beach reay!!

Thanks

I`m sure you could fish there - but it begs the question -why would you want to eat radioactive fish?

jambo
24-Nov-07, 23:02
as lazytown says reiss and dunnet are not 2 bad if u want to catch some flatties and bass but u get better results fishing in darkness.

Welcomefamily
24-Nov-07, 23:14
Dunnet fishing well at moment 200yds up beach from castletown car park.

EDDIE
25-Nov-07, 00:40

Thanks

Well the way i see it if there is no signs saying no fishing then its ok to fish and if u get a telling off u can moan at them for not displaying signs?

thebigman
25-Nov-07, 02:49
Nothing wrong wi fishing Sandside, even made it into last months Sea Angler mag. Best bet is the east end, drive down thro the golf club if fishing at night.

Excellent steep bit of the beach and fishable at most states of the tide. Had bass up to 2 kg here this year.

Lug your best bet.

Geo
25-Nov-07, 16:44
Why would you want to fish there? Would you eat the fish?

northener
25-Nov-07, 17:53
Night fishing would be best at Sandside, no need to use a headlamp - just gaffer tape the first fish you catch to your forehead.