PDA

View Full Version : Cbeebies "the night garden"

bekisman
24-Nov-07, 19:12
Being a grand dad with eight grad kids, just been sitting and watching (with the 3 year old) "in the night Garden" - I must admit the music in this is really nice! - not your usual cacophony;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/inthenightgarden/songs/song_inthenightgarden.shtml

mccaugm
24-Nov-07, 20:12
It must be good because they have an average audience of half a million children each night...including my three year old who loves it. I think its sweet....and it settles my little one for bed. :D

ett23
24-Nov-07, 20:58
I find it amazing how kids love the programme SO much! I have a 2 yr old and a 5 1/2 yr old and they both sit down together and watch it. They love it equally despite the age difference. In fact my 2 yr old knows all the names of the characters and points them out as they come on. She even sings along with the songs cos she knows all the words! And I know other children who are 6 and 4 and they love it too. I find it quite babyish but the children certainly don't - nothing could stop them from watching it when it's on!!! :D

Gross
24-Nov-07, 21:08
It's a wonderful programme, and the music has a lovely meloncholy feel to it.

shazzap
24-Nov-07, 21:14
My grandkids love it too

bluelady
24-Nov-07, 23:42
It must be good because they have an average audience of half a million children each night...including my three year old who loves it. I think its sweet....and it settles my little one for bed. :D

never mind it settles your little one to sleep, that little tune settles me [lol]

Rheghead
24-Nov-07, 23:51
It's time to catch the ninky nonk!

Andrew C
26-Nov-07, 17:04
My 20 month old loves it..I confess to enjoying it myself. Makka Pakka.

karia
26-Nov-07, 19:45
This programme is causing such a stir that even The Observer magazine devoted 5 pages to it yesterday!:eek:

A rather different response to the one that greeted the teletubbies some years ago...perhaps we've all dumbed down since then.;)

karia

Rheghead
26-Nov-07, 19:50
Wasn't the trouble over the teletubbies because parent groups were unaware of who the target audience was? In the end the production team included more stuff in the teletubbies to appease them.:confused

mama2
26-Nov-07, 20:30
My 2 year old loves this, he is not bothered about telly at all just this programme. He watches it 3 times a day 11am, 2pm & then the bed time one.

NLP
27-Nov-07, 00:14
same here my 2 year old watches 3 times a day she sits glued to the screen and won't move until it's finished.

lazytown
27-Nov-07, 00:23
See CBeebies won Childrens channel of the year at the Childrens BAFTA awards.

Cinders392
27-Nov-07, 20:11
I thought my mother was going mad when she was asking my 2 year old if he wanted to watch Iggle Piggle!! He used to only watch baby einstein but started to watch this when he was at his grannies!
Its is good and he is glued

the charlatans
27-Nov-07, 21:13
drugs, the writers are all wacked out on drugs.

well they would have to be to come up with it! albeit Bairn C loves it and sings along as only 21 month bairns can.

i have a theory though - Makka Pakka - has he got OCD? and i reckon Upsy Daisy is a bit of a slapper, but hey ho, thats just my brain getting tired at the end of the day and trying to read more into it all!

I like 'In the Night Garden' and am thinking of putting the theme tune on my mobile ring tone. But i HATE Charlie & Lola.

karia
27-Nov-07, 21:18
This is the next generation..the ones who will inherit the power over us in our dotage...

...we are doomed!;)

Be afraid...be VERY afraid![lol]

Karia

the charlatans
27-Nov-07, 21:26
Who me? i'm not the next generation.....

Rheghead
30-Nov-07, 00:00
Everybody knows new dads can't hoover properly!:mad: