PDA

View Full Version : pet annoyances

NickInTheNorth
24-Nov-07, 15:30
I'm sure we all have some little thing that really annoys us. Something that really matters so little we should not pay it any attention.

One of mine is banner advertising on websites - don't know why I just hate it. But what winds me up even more is when the banners don't even link to a viable website. The one on here for Scorrie Internet Services is like that. Click the link - get a blank page.

Need a new host? Yes but as your website don't work I might look elsewhere :~(

Thumper
24-Nov-07, 15:34
One of mine is when I txt somebody and they dont have the good manners to reply!Drives me nuts :evil: x

Solus
24-Nov-07, 16:02
Mine, it really bugs me buts its so silly, for some reason i hate tossing out food thats out of date. I buy a loaf and before its half way through my good lady buys another loaf, inevitably one goes stale and gets binned, same with milk :mad:

Basic food items and we needlessly bin them !

NickInTheNorth
24-Nov-07, 16:17
Mine, it really bugs me buts its so silly, for some reason i hate tossing out food thats out of date. I buy a loaf and before its half way through my good lady buys another loaf, inevitably one goes stale and gets binned, same with milk :mad:

Basic food items and we needlessly bin them !

Me too!

Leastways I'd hate it if I did it, but I never look at dates on food. So never throw stuff based on them :D

ett23
24-Nov-07, 16:44
One of my many pet hates (it'd take forever to list them all!) is sticking the knife back into the marg after you're finished using it - yeuch!! :mad:
Needless to say my OH is guilty of this crime on the rare occasions he butters some toast or bread!!!! :roll:

cuddlepop
24-Nov-07, 16:57
By one get one free and there's only one left.Money off tokens that have expired before you get them.Invitation to a meeting or other event on the day of the event,that happens so many times that I'm sure Inverness dont even know how far away Skye is.[evil] (sometimes its even after the event which is worse than not knowing )grrrrr
Newspapers that offer you a free Cd when picked up at WHSmiths,free loaf of bread at Asda etc,etc,
I dont know about you lot up there but it infuriates the hell out of me living on Skye when our nearest shop is Inverness.[evil]

Anne x
24-Nov-07, 17:00
Friends that E mail you then text you to say they have sent you mail :lol: wet spoon in sugar grrr

Cattach
24-Nov-07, 17:15
One of mine is when I txt somebody and they dont have the good manners to reply!Drives me nuts :evil: x

More case of good common sense than a lack of good manners!!

Mik.M.
24-Nov-07, 17:30
people that sniff constantly and won't use a tissue or hanky.

thebigman
24-Nov-07, 17:34
More case of good common sense than a lack of good manners!!

My my someones having a good day today. Either that or no mates to chat wi :-)

Thumper
24-Nov-07, 17:53
Just thought of another one...people who come on forums and cant resist the urge to have a "pop" at people!Very annoying and not to say petty! [disgust] x

Moi x
24-Nov-07, 18:41
I'm sure we all have some little thing that really annoys us. Something that really matters so little we should not pay it any attention.

One of mine is banner advertising on websites - don't know why I just hate it. But what winds me up even more is when the banners don't even link to a viable website. The one on here for Scorrie Internet Services is like that. Click the link - get a blank page.

Need a new host? Yes but as your website don't work I might look elsewhere :~(The link on the Scorrie Internet Services banner advertisement works for me. Has it been fixed or is it a browser or Ubuntu feature?

NickInTheNorth
24-Nov-07, 18:52
The link on the Scorrie Internet Services banner advertisement works for me. Has it been fixed or is it a browser or Ubuntu feature?

If it doesn't work for the second most popular browser it's broken! (even if designed that way)

Boozeburglar
24-Nov-07, 19:28
Ah, the peril of using the wysiwyg template based approach.

;)

NickInTheNorth
24-Nov-07, 19:42
Ah, the peril of using the wysiwyg template based approach.

;)

Or possibly of believing that Microsoft rule the earth [evil]

mccaugm
24-Nov-07, 21:18
People who put the jam knife in the butter.
People who say "Pacific" when they mean "Specific"
People who chew gum, then drop it leaving a nasty mess on the pavement
(My family) People who don't fold towels properly...(I am neurotic about that and don't actually know why)
People who listen to Ipods when they are serving at a till.

I could go on....and on....and on.[evil]

northener
24-Nov-07, 21:19
Or possibly of believing that Microsoft rule the earth [evil]

They do!

Big Bill Gates is watching you!!!!

I detest people who drone into their hand portable telephones in restaurants/ on public transportation and during funerals.

justine
24-Nov-07, 21:53
crusty toothpatse,:roll: dirty hairbrushes, toilet seat being left open..are just a few of things that get me grinding my teeth...But as some said before the list would be endless, but the biggest pet hate has to be when only one sock comes out of the washing machine when you know you put in two[disgust]

shazzap
24-Nov-07, 22:19
Being late/not turning up......:mad:...other people that is.
If i say i will be somewhere on a certain date at a certain time i am

Ricco
24-Nov-07, 22:34
crusty toothpatse

Ahh, ahh! I hate that as well. My wife is always leaving the top open and it goes gooey and then crusty. She also leaves the residue oozing down the outside of her brush. yee-ech!:mad:

johno
24-Nov-07, 22:59
[quote=justine;301036]crusty toothpatse,dirty hairbrushes, [toilet seat being left open.]. are just a few of things that get me grinding my teeth...But as some said before the list would be endless, but the biggest pet hate has to be when only one sock comes out of the washing machine when you know you put in two.
Justine we males find the toilet seat closed bothersome for us. It,s as easy for you females to put it down as it is for us males to lift it. [lol] [lol]

ett23
25-Nov-07, 00:02
Ahh, ahh! I hate that as well. My wife is always leaving the top open and it goes gooey and then crusty. She also leaves the residue oozing down the outside of her brush. yee-ech!:mad:

Tell her to put the lid back on the toothpaste and rinse her toothbrush once she's finished with it!!!
That would drive me mad too. Isn't it funny how the little things REALLY get on our nerves??!! :roll:

Moi x
25-Nov-07, 00:02
If it doesn't work for the second most popular browser it's broken! (even if designed that way)It works for me using Internet Explorer and Firefox running under XP. Firefox often displays web pages properly under Windows but not under Linux. I was once told that javascript is often to blame.

Moi x

Sandra_B
25-Nov-07, 10:08
Posts with little, no or poor punctuation and spelling.

People who write in "dialect"

Lolabelle
25-Nov-07, 10:21
people that sniff constantly and won't use a tissue or hanky.

Ohhh, my husband wont use a tissue, he just sniffs. Drives me bats[evil]
And he puts his dirty washing on top of the basket and can't seem to manage to lift it and put the clothes IN the basket!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcomefamily
25-Nov-07, 11:40
Reading all these, I should be writing a book on how to create stress, I always leave the toilet seat up, squeeze the tooth paste tube in the middle, leave some tooth paste in the sink, forget to put the cap on, put empty milk cartons back in the fridge and empty butter containers.
My lessons in snoring are coming along well as I will then be able to create stress while sleeping and I make sure I always ring friends when I know they are going to be watching Television.
Other useful things include trying out every transaction on a cash dispenser, get into the habit of sending lots of memos, ask the assistants in CO OP how they are feeling when you are in front of a few people and last but by no means least, when you ask a woman any question, suggests she checks with her husband first.

Housewifie
25-Nov-07, 12:02
Full rubbish bins

Mister Squiggle
25-Nov-07, 12:12
Yippee! An opportunity for a bit of spleen-venting ...

Coffee granules in the sugar tin;
Recycling (tins, paper etc) left on the kitchen counter (in the anticipation that somehow, miraculously, it will grow legs of its own accord and walk out to the blue box);
Empty toilet rolls/shampoo bottles/washing powder boxes (am I the only person in the house to know where the bin is?);
People who spit on the pavement.Actually, my personal list is endless, which shows I have a distinct tendency towards being peevish and dissatisfied.
I'm off to have a lie down.

Housewifie
25-Nov-07, 14:03
Shoes left in the hall way and not put on the shoe rack, piles of clean clothes not put away.

Welcomefamily
25-Nov-07, 14:22
Does this possible mean that men are not perfect? I cant believe we could all have such similar faults, oh and before you answer it ask the OH permission.

rs 2k
25-Nov-07, 15:20
I have quite a few but here is a couple

You have made dinner, sat down to eat it, done all dishes, put away, wiped all tops down and someone goes and makes a cup o coffee and leaves everything out, :mad:

I work in a shop and the amount of ignorant people that come in, u say to them "Hello, how are you doing today" and they just ignore you, not a word out of their mouth,that gets me mad, but i have now decided if i say hello to a person and they don't say a word, i just think oh well u can pack your own bag, I am not being nasty we don't have to pack bags but i just think it is polite to help the customer

Mrs RS

mccaugm
25-Nov-07, 15:55
You invite people round for dinner, you spend hours preparing, cooking etc. They sit down, then splatter your wonderful home cooked meal with tomato sauce. An ex family member did this once,...he never did[evil] it again.

Ash
25-Nov-07, 15:59
people who talk with their mouths full
people who fart and then laugh after!![evil]
people who stare
when im the only person in the house who cleans the toilet!
people who dont clean up after there animals
the coop!

Kenn
25-Nov-07, 16:37
I see red when a customer in the shop has a mobile phone glued to one ear and continues their conversation whilst expecting you to serve them, or answers their phone in the middle of a transaction, thus holding you up and annoying every other person present and as for those that continue to drive with one tucked under their chin, that beggars belief.
Untidy towels in the bathroom is also a gripe with me along with the coffee granules is the sugar and used tea bags left on the draining board.

ett23
25-Nov-07, 16:49
You invite people round for dinner, you spend hours preparing, cooking etc. They sit down, then splatter your wonderful home cooked meal with tomato sauce. An ex family member did this once,...he never did[evil] it again.

Yeah I know what you mean but there are sadly some people who believe every meal should be tomato sauce flavoured! I don't mind it with the odd chip or two but not with every single meal!!! Try having a variety of flavours on the plate, not smothering them all with one flavour!! :confused

unicorn
25-Nov-07, 17:45
people who stand around watching other people work
people who overtake dangerously then drive at 30 in front of you and then speed up when you try to pass them again
People who create their own problems by asking for advice, ignoring it and then coming back to you and wanting you to fix it
People who interupt you when you are obviously up to your eyeballs in things to ask a stupid question :roll::roll:
sheesh I am a grump today but that felt better

NickInTheNorth
25-Nov-07, 17:52
People who create their own problems by asking for advice, ignoring it and then coming back to you and wanting you to fix it

Oh how I can relate to that one! Having provided free IT support to several family members (for business purposes) who when I didn't say what they wanted to hear went elsewhere and paid out some fairly serious money followed the advice they wanted to hear, and then asked me (for free!) to fix exactly the problems I knew they would have!

I never found time to do the fixing...

unicorn
25-Nov-07, 17:54
I have gotten like that now if I gave you the advice and you ignored it then fix it yourself:D

karia
25-Nov-07, 18:21
I have gotten like that now if I gave you the advice and you ignored it then fix it yourself:D

Sorry to say this unicorn but one of mine has to be the use of the word 'gotten'.;)

Karia

Camel Spider
25-Nov-07, 18:42
When you look at a tin and it says .. "Best Before Date : See Base of Can"

Why not just print it there ??, or is it the personal jape of someone who designs the labels ??

karia
25-Nov-07, 18:46

Why not just print it there ??, or is it the personal jape of someone who designs the labels ??

Nah, they can't print it there as it would be perfectly legible.

They have to find somewhere on the jar or can with the same shade as the print to render it totally unreadable.;)

sassylass
26-Nov-07, 00:28
people who stand around watching other people work
people who overtake dangerously then drive at 30 in front of you and then speed up when you try to pass them again
People who interupt you when you are obviously up to your eyeballs in things to ask a stupid question :roll::roll:
sheesh I am a grump today but that felt better

Those are some of my pet gripes too. I'm not grumpy just fed up with lack of consideration.

Jeemag_USA
26-Nov-07, 00:34
When companies use that welded shut polyurathane packaging for toys and gadgets, you know the type you can't get open without putting a scissors or carpet knife through your leg, or slicing your hand open on the plastic your trying to cut?? :mad:

Lolabelle
26-Nov-07, 08:24

Ahh, actually Camel Spider, I think that is because they can print off a million gazillion labels for the cans, and then stamp the can batches for the use by date and not have to be constantly changing the label template. :confused

mccaugm
26-Nov-07, 13:43
When companies use that welded shut polyurathane packaging for toys and gadgets, you know the type you can't get open without putting a scissors or carpet knife through your leg, or slicing your hand open on the plastic your trying to cut?? :mad:

By the same token, a friend bought a toy police car for my son, it had those plastic/metal twisty things attached to it and to make matters worse I had to find a screwdriver to unscrew it from the box. My son was getting very frustrated waiting for me to give it to him. Luckily he loved it once I finally released it from the packaging.[evil]

Bradcon
27-Nov-07, 18:16
People who are 2 faced. Speak one minute and not the next. That really annoys me.

People who do not think about others feelings. Some people are so inconsiderate.