PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO! New Path at Watten!!

Cinders392
23-Nov-07, 19:51
:) Great to see they finally got a path in from the Bridge at watten up towards the Strath road!! Its amazing what can bring you such joy and happiness
Must be me getting old!
Thank you to the council who Im sure were probably forced to put it there :lol:

Squares
23-Nov-07, 20:13
well ,

I have never seen such a waste of public money, I lived in the village all my life and have travelled that road every day and have yet to see a person walking from Strath rd to Grey Stones, there was never a foot path there when the hotel was in it's hay day, so why NOW?

Another waste of money are the gates at either end of the X foot path in Achingale place, I say X foot path because it has never been used in 15 years, in fact some of the "newer villagers" never knew it was there, and it is completely over grown.

I think if the local council has "spare" money it could have been better spent on local school,etc.

henry20
23-Nov-07, 20:24
Well, squares, I have to disagree. I was coming along that road one very dark evening and all of a sudden I saw a father and his 3 children walking towards me on the road - all were wearing dark clothing and were near on impossible to notice. It took me a long while to get over the panic I got and I dread to think what would've happened if I had been driving any faster!!

Maybe this twit will at least have the sense to use the path !!!

TRUCKER
23-Nov-07, 20:25
Its is being done a part of safer routes to schools so it is not a waste of money.

Cinders392
23-Nov-07, 20:38
I lived up the strath road and I wallked that road pregnant,then with my son in his pram to visit family in the village. I loved walking that road but it far too dangerous with the brood i have now. At least I can start walking it safely now. Looking forward to it:)

sharon
23-Nov-07, 20:46
Henry, you must of got quite a fright!

that's just irresponsible, what is that father thinking off! you can get hi-viz vest cheap for kids, especially if they walk often on that road in the dark !

[disgust]

hotrod4
23-Nov-07, 20:47
well ,

I have never seen such a waste of public money, I lived in the village all my life and have travelled that road every day and have yet to see a person walking from Strath rd to Grey Stones, there was never a foot path there when the hotel was in it's hay day, so why NOW?

Another waste of money are the gates at either end of the X foot path in Achingale place, I say X foot path because it has never been used in 15 years, in fact some of the "newer villagers" never knew it was there, and it is completely over grown.

I think if the local council has "spare" money it could have been better spent on local school,etc.

If it prevents one death on a road then no matter how much it cost it will be worth it.

Errogie
23-Nov-07, 21:08
There's always one, probably obese, motorhead who never walks anywhere and who cannot understand why the human body has legs and cannot get his head around traffic calming and safe routes to school.

Role on the Council spending something on pedestrians for once instead of simply making the roads wider and faster for the infernal combustion engine!