PDA

View Full Version : slipper,s

johno
23-Nov-07, 13:32
So now it look,s like prison warder,s are going to have to wear slipper,s while they are doing their security checks for fear of disturbing the prisoners.
Why doe,snt the gvmt impliment rules to have the inmates have manicures & have warders turn off & on cons telly,s and download music into cons i pods & also make sure that the c/heating isnt to hot for them. All this while many of our poor pensioner,s are freezing to death this coming winter.
christ almighty ive heard it all now.

nanoo
23-Nov-07, 13:42
Yes johno, we live in an ill divided world, i agree with you fully on this. It's no wonder our prisons are full to overflowing, for heavens sake people are committing crimes, just to get inside. Our pensioners have suffered much hardship in winter for many years and this year will be just the same for many of them(if they survived last year)miserable and cold. :~(

Anne x
23-Nov-07, 13:47
Yes johno, we live in an ill divided world, i agree with you fully on this. It's no wonder our prisons are full to overflowing, for heavens sake people are committing crimes, just to get inside. Our pensioners have suffered much hardship in winter for many years and this year will be just the same for many of them(if they survived last year)miserable and cold. :~(

I agree its just shocking we certainly live in a ill divided world

Solus
23-Nov-07, 13:49
Why doe,snt the gvmt impliment rules to have the inmates have manicures & have warders turn off & on cons telly,s and download music into cons i pods & also make sure that the c/heating isnt to hot for them. All this while many of our poor pensioner,s are freezing to death this coming winter.

you dont know how close to the truth that is Johno !

Just so i can read the report about slippers can you pass me the link where you read it ?

bluelady
23-Nov-07, 14:41
so cons are getting disturbed sleep eh http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm2-nopity.gif

what a load of old bull, Nurses in hospitals dont wear slippers on their rounds
and it's peeps in hospital that need undisturbed sleep, no way, I'd eat several packets of maltezers so I would have to do something really naughty like rattle my truncheon along all the doors and walls, just to keep them on their toes.I expect many of their antics kept peeps awake at night and proberly still do if they have traumatised someone.
Whatever next http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/rant.gif

johno
23-Nov-07, 16:29
you dont know how close to the truth that is Johno !

Just so i can read the report about slippers can you pass me the link where you read it ?
Prison Guards To Wear Slippers (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2007/11/19/prison-guards-to-wear-slippers-86908-20125897/)
just click on the link for the full story.

Nov 19 2007
PRISON officers in some of Britain's toughest jails are wearing slippers on night shift - so they don't wake up the cons....

Solus
23-Nov-07, 16:59
Cheers Johno, i can see where they are coming from in one respect and thats comfort on a nightshift and for any sneeky beaky stuff. If it was only because there was complaints then i would be turning up in my tackety boots! but then again my last night shift was about 10 years ago :D

scorrie
24-Nov-07, 00:00
What next? Foam truncheons, polystyrene hand-cuffs? Perhaps officers made to wear see-thru nighties and kiss the prisoners night-night?

I can just imagine all the cons who have ordered a Wii from Governor Santa this year finding out that Argos are out of stock and lodging a claim for compensation on the grounds of mental cruelty.

ps Is Virtual Rock Breaking part of the Wii sports pack?

alanatkie
24-Nov-07, 00:27
That is shocking Johno. It is a complete disgrace, many pensioners die every year due to the cold but those who have been imprisoned can live a life of luxury. :roll:

unicorn
24-Nov-07, 00:54
I was just thinking :eek:
a lot of us find the discomfort pensioners are living in to be horrendous soooooo how about we on the org try to do something as a group to ease this for some of our worst affected local pensioners. Maybe a food collection that could be distributed to help them out as a christmas treat. I know I would happily donate.
Is this a feasible idea? :confused

Thumper
24-Nov-07, 01:12
This annoys me no end,it was the same with the slopping out thing, they complain about it,but nobody eve says anything about all of us that empty bedpans etc everyday and are happy to do it!They are there for a reason and if they dont like it,dont break the law! x

alanatkie
24-Nov-07, 01:20
I was just thinking :eek:
a lot of us find the discomfort pensioners are living in to be horrendous soooooo how about we on the org try to do something as a group to ease this for some of our worst affected local pensioners. Maybe a food collection that could be distributed to help them out as a christmas treat. I know I would happily donate.
Is this a feasible idea? :confused

I would quite happily support you. I think these days we do not do enough to support the elderly, that have done so much & most of them have been their throught the war.
What ever happened to respecting our elders?
Especially in this day & age when we support so may other countries why don't we support people closer to home & support people in Caithness

bluelady
24-Nov-07, 02:27
Ive just had a thought, http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm2-idea.gif its a cover up, they are actually special floor polishing ones so they can save money on the cleaning [lol]

Solus
24-Nov-07, 12:33
This annoys me no end,it was the same with the slopping out thing, they complain about it,but nobody eve says anything about all of us that empty bedpans etc everyday and are happy to do it!They are there for a reason and if they dont like it,dont break the law!

Nor do they think about staff that have to supervise the slopping out, which is unbelievably disgusting, three or four days worth getting emptied out on mass !!!

anneoctober
25-Nov-07, 00:55
Ive just had a thought, its a cover up, they are actually special floor polishing ones so they can save money on the cleaning
I can picture them now, sliding along the corridors, yelling "WOO HOO" and the prisoners shouting "keep e noise doon some o' uz is try n tae sleep here"! :eek:[lol]

Welcomefamily
25-Nov-07, 11:03
Its a sad day when we worry more about keeping our prison population happy, (those who have cared little about the rest of the population) than we do about our old people and our forces. Turn the heating off in the prisons, the money saved could be used for better things.

johno
25-Nov-07, 15:34
Getting back to the slopping out , Do hospital carers ,Home carer,s , Nursing home carer,s etc get compinsated for slopping out their charges. NO, so why should con.s get it for disposing of their OWN waste.
when they commit the crime,s that put them in the jail they knew the conditions that would apply if they got caught. [disgust]