PDA

View Full Version : chip shop

Dadie
23-Nov-07, 11:18
where is the best chippie in wick?

TRUCKER
24-Nov-07, 18:09
Henreitta street chip shop is the best .

bobsgirl
24-Nov-07, 19:05
Definately got to agree with TRUCKER there, Henrietta's is the best............used to be quite good in Houston's but something change there.
I have also heard that the Harbour chippie is good but never been there as when I go it is always closed!!!

changilass
24-Nov-07, 19:39
I have only been in 2 chippies in Wick, one on bridge street and one down by the harbour, and I have to say the harbour is the best of those by a country mile.

mccaugm
24-Nov-07, 20:14
I tried chips tonight from Houstons...and they were scrummy.

gem1982
25-Nov-07, 23:47
Definately got to agree with TRUCKER there, Henrietta's is the best............used to be quite good in Houston's but something change there.
I have also heard that the Harbour chippie is good but never been there as when I go it is always closed!!!

I heard from someone who works in Houstons that the environmental health went in and they got into trouble for selling pollack (sp?) not haddock as they advertise but not sure if this is true. I would definately say that Henriettas is the best their fish and chips are amazing and their chips are made from scratch not frozen bought in ones!

Julia
26-Nov-07, 00:43
Our favourite is the Harbour chippie, they don't leave any skin on the fish unlike Henrietta's but I'm just plain fussy!

It's real tasty too and not a bad portion size!

eminia
28-Nov-07, 20:40
i like henretta

Cookerpebble
28-Nov-07, 23:16
I heard from someone who works in Houstons that the environmental health went in and they got into trouble for selling pollack (sp?) not haddock as they advertise but not sure if this is true. I would definately say that Henriettas is the best their fish and chips are amazing and their chips are made from scratch not frozen bought in ones!

I worked in a place that the environmental health person came in and said that we miss identified something on the menu, not his 'plaice' (sic) to say but he was right so shouldn't really moan that he thinks he was trades descriptions. Only had one chippy from wick and it was the Harbour. Was busy when we went in but they could tell we were in a hurry, aberdeen were playing football on the tele and it was near kick off, let us skip to the front and served us a decent portion, hot and at a fair price.

smarty
28-Nov-07, 23:34
I've been told by a few folk that henriettas is much better now must try them good chippys r few and far between up here I love castletown chip shop everything made from scratch and chips cut fresh and cooked on the day. GR8 food huge portions been going there for over a year now at least once a week or 2...gr8 menu list too :Razz:Razz

gemma89
29-Nov-07, 00:17
All the chippies in wick r nice, the only one i have a problem with is the harbour and thts becos of the staff!! they js chat among themselves...:mad: i dont go ther anymore. i no ther only school girls but it really annoys me!!

Cant beat a feed out of houstons!

smarty
29-Nov-07, 11:24
Thats very true I went to the harbour chippy and w8d 4 ages while the mojority of them chatted away and 1 was running round like an idiot and I found them quite rude!!! Very irratating after all we're helping to pay their wages

nikki
30-Nov-07, 17:13
I dont go to the harbour chippy, partly because the service is awful, and partly because my friends went there one night and ordered a sausage supper and a fish supper. both the sausages and the fish were off, tasted horrible and one of them ended up missing school because it made him ill, he had eaten half of it before he noticed. they took the food back and asked for a refund, the person serving them didnt even check the food, just gave them the money back straight away, so they obvoiusly thought the food was dodgy before they sold it, if not they would have checked to make sure there was something wrong with it before refunding.

Oh, and the chips were cold too.

alanatkie
03-Dec-07, 15:34
GR8 food huge portions been going there for over a year now at least once a week or 2...gr8 menu list too :Razz:Razz

Have to agree with you there. Portions are big & there pasta is lovely.