PDA

View Full Version : I hope the thief reads this!

veekay
21-Nov-07, 22:28
I hope the 'bar-steward' who stole my ten bags of coal has a chimney fire.

unicorn
21-Nov-07, 22:30
That would take a bit of organisation to steal.
Nothing is safe these days.
Some people will take anything.
Disgraceful. I hope you reported it to the police.

lazytown
21-Nov-07, 22:34
hope they had a van...if not I wouldna fancy meeting that person on a Dark night

Dadie
21-Nov-07, 22:38
*sigh*
sad isnt it when you have to put locks on everything thats not nailed down or is shiney I suppose you will have to lock the coal hoose and only unlock it when the coalman is due!

unicorn
21-Nov-07, 22:40
What area are you in so we can all be extra careful.

johno
21-Nov-07, 22:42
i feel for you Veekay, 10 bag,s of coal is quite a loss.
how did the scumbag manage it.

alanatkie
21-Nov-07, 22:46
OMG It's outragous what people will steal.
Especially the pice of coal these days :eek:

Wellies
21-Nov-07, 22:48
Someone told me about that tonight. Blooming awful (Not allowed to swear) especially in that area you just wouldn't think of it happening. Got my sheds all locked. We had someone a couple of years ago that thought it was fun to keep opening the door on my byre and letting all the cattle out through the night. Some very silly and dangerous people about.

Tighsonas4
21-Nov-07, 22:52
ten bags is no small loss. its come the time of year when even your false
teeth isnt safe hope they nick them tony

veekay
21-Nov-07, 23:01
Yes I have reported it to the police! I had left the coal at the end of the drive - have done for years - until I had time to pick them up. I have spoken to a neighbour who reckons the coal was taken in two lots as he had noticed that some had gone and then the whole lot. I just feel really stupid for not moving them straight away

NLP
21-Nov-07, 23:36
This always seems to happen in the dark nights, when I was younger the coal was often taken from our bunker. you would think someone saw/heard 10 bags being transfered.

Whitewater
22-Nov-07, 00:56
Many years ago somebody was stealing our coal. I was young at the time and came home late one Friday night. (Friday was coal delivery day). I always went in the back in these days so that my mother would not hear me coming in and know what time I came home at. On this particular occasion it was approx 3am after a dance in the old BB hall in Wick and I had just got of the bus. When I went round the back (quietly so that my parents would not hear) I saw someone bending down in our coal bunker removing the coal into a sack. I watched for a minute or two, then as he bent into the coal bunker I walked up quietly behind him and tipped him into the bunker, closed the lid and set the sack he had been filling on top along with some other heavy bricks which were lying about, went into bed a promptly forgot about him. (as you do when mildly intoxicated and young) In the morning when my father went out for the coal he got the fright of his life when this black apparition rose out of the bunker jumped up and scared the living daylights out of him and ran away. At first he thought I had played a prank with one of my friends, but when I told him who it was he knew immediately, so I was forgiven and treated as a hero for a few days. No more coal went missing in Springpark for a year or two after that.

When I think about it now that poor man must have had an awful fright, but I guess he deserved it. My only regret is that I had not the sense to contact the police after I had 'locked' him up.
Talk about being caught on the job !!!!

wonbat
22-Nov-07, 01:13
clip them round the ear, get locked up for it, sad! worked well before the world went mad

grandma
22-Nov-07, 11:58
Really sorry to hear about the theft of your coal. It's a lot of money to lose. Used to be able to leave your doors open all the time but not anymore but there have always been people of an unscrupulous nature who would lift anything that wasn't nailed down. I remember fencing materials going missing from my Dad's place when I was young. He left them at side of road to make an early start in the morning but when he went they were gone. It's a very sad fact of life.

*Martin*
22-Nov-07, 12:34
Just keep an eye on the For Sale Section! :lol:

This just shows the scummy people that are around in this world!

johno
22-Nov-07, 12:40
Just keep an eye on the For Sale Section! :lol:

This just shows the scummy people that are around in this world!
Best to keep an an eye where a smokeless lum now reek,s.
No smoke without fire. Cant help but think these thieves know your habit,s Veekay.
to much of a coincidence.[disgust]

brew
22-Nov-07, 13:30
A few years ago my folks bunker was cleared out and they never heard a thing, Never even disturbed the dog that would be barking at the back door for the littlest noise. It was reported to the police the next day and were told that theres not a lot that could be done, The advice of the police was to fit a light with a movment sensor. The way my folks seen it was that was only going to aid the robber the next time. If they can do it in the dark then putting in a flood light is going to make it easier

Mik.M.
22-Nov-07, 14:26
sorry to hear about your coal veekay

Errogie
22-Nov-07, 19:12
I heard about a crofter who was loosing roadside peats so I'm told he inserted some .22 bullets into a few of them!

unicorn
22-Nov-07, 19:14
YOUCH thats one way of making sure it stops :eek:

veekay
22-Nov-07, 20:14
Thanks for all the messages folks. I know that the coal won't be found it is probably keeping someone warm as we speak. I just hope that my loss is a timely warning to everyone else to just be a little bit careful

Dog-eared
23-Nov-07, 01:13
Had two chickens pinched from the henhouse, now have to lock it.
Plus put other " security devices " about.
And that's on the very outskirts of Thurso.

bluelady
23-Nov-07, 15:09
They would pinch a cow pat these day's if it had anyuse, they need to be caught and dealt with
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/images/smilies/sm2-jedi.gif