PDA

View Full Version : What's the sign posts near WHS for?

rfr10
21-Nov-07, 20:40
Sorry for asking about some pointless thing but I'm just curious if anyone knows what the metal posts they are putting in near Wick High School. There's nothing on the posts yet but just checking to see if anyone knows.

johno
21-Nov-07, 22:18
Sorry for asking about some pointless thing but I'm just curious if anyone knows what the metal posts they are putting in near Wick High School. There's nothing on the posts yet but just checking to see if anyone knows.
dunno 20mph perhaps??

TRUCKER
21-Nov-07, 22:18
Its for a twentys plenty signs going up in seaforth ave.

rfr10
21-Nov-07, 22:19
Its for a twentys plenty signs going up in seaforth ave.

they already have them up. There are bigger posts in other places though. Maybe they're putting in 20 speedlimit out side the high school. that would be good.

rainbow
22-Nov-07, 17:32
Theres two very similar posts down the street outside Boots/Mcallans. Havent got a clue what they are for!

rfr10
22-Nov-07, 17:40
Theres two very similar posts down the street outside Boots/Mcallans. Havent got a clue what they are for!

The posts down there are hugeeeee! I was wandering what they were for aswell. I'm guessing they're new lamp posts as there aren't any lamp posts in that bit but I think it's ridiculous the place they put them. Lorries are going to end up hitting them when they pass.

duncan1969
22-Nov-07, 18:10
cctv i think

rfr10
22-Nov-07, 18:33
cctv i think

At the High School or down the street? The posts at the High School look a bit too small for CCTV and there are too many in the one place for it to be CCTV down the street.

rfr10
22-Nov-07, 22:26
Ahhh now I see, the posts down the street are for hanging the Christmas lights on. Surley they're not temporary.

hotrod4
23-Nov-07, 06:39
Ahhh now I see, the posts down the street are for hanging the Christmas lights on. Surley they're not temporary.

Would it surprise you if they were temporary? They are a bit on the large side!
After digging up the pavements to put those lovely slabs in after only 1 year they are digging them back up for these posts.
Wonder if its organised by the same guys who tarmac roads then come along and dig it up again ;)

TRUCKER
24-Nov-07, 10:39
The posts going up about the high school is for the twentys plenty for the high school.

veritas
24-Nov-07, 12:35
the posts outside Boots are temporary and are fitted into sockets left for the purpose and have not been dug up