PDA

View Full Version : Networking aol.

LadyPark
06-Sep-05, 17:56
Hi there, I'm looking to try and put together a home network to share broadband. I have heard that it may be a bit more difficult with aol, as they are choosy who they work with. Can anyone throw some light on this, and/or recommend some kit that would help me, cheers.

seasurfer52
06-Sep-05, 20:36
i have aol and have bought a d-link asdl router kit i am getting the guy from the internet cafe to fit it on thursday will let you know how i get on and maybe explain in the process will let you know thur nite the outcome [lol]

Riffman
06-Sep-05, 23:01
If you get AOL silver then there is no way except proxy servers of networking it....i have spent much time finding that out the hard way....

halkirk1
07-Sep-05, 06:43
Hi there,

I have AOL Broadband Gold and managed to network it with my sons PC with no problems whatsoever.

It's a wireless network I have and once I had installed the software the network set itself up, absolutely seemless. Took about 30 minutes in total.

grmacken
07-Sep-05, 09:48
yup you need at least aol gold and the approved router, not all routers support AOHELL. you can also use a program like ccproxy (i think thats the name) on a computer as a server but you will have problems with secure sites on the client pc