PDA

View Full Version : Burt is back!!!!

brandy
21-Nov-07, 13:07
CAN NOT BELIVE IT!!!!
but hes back!he came up to the door a little while ago meowing.. as if nothing had ever happened!
hes very very skinny and looks like a drowned rat.. but other wise hes in good health and spirits. hes eating steadily and meowing and getting clapped. but omg he dosent weigh anything... he is half starved!
so now its a case of getting him fattened up and settled and use to house life!
nanoo was over the moon... i ran over and grabbed them and poor thing was so happy she was crying!! thank you everyone who has helped us look... and asked after him!!! he looks as if he is glad to be home!

alanatkie
21-Nov-07, 13:12
Glad to hear Burt has come home safe. I'm sure you will all be making a big fuss of him now he's home.

unicorn
21-Nov-07, 13:16
That is WONDERFUL news brandy :D so pleased for you, remember to feed him little and often if starved as he may just vomit it up as his stomach will be small.

Liz
21-Nov-07, 13:34
That is brilliant news Brandy!!!

I am so glad Burt is fine, albeit a bit thin. It does sound like he was shut in somewhere.

I am so happy for you and Nanoo!:lol:

evelyn
21-Nov-07, 13:39
Delighted for you Brandy. If only he could tell you his story!
evelyn

brandy
21-Nov-07, 14:33
pic of burt today.. took this a while ago.. you can see how skinny he is.. and that he has a death grip and not about to let me go *laughs* hubby had to take him upstairs and make him lay down in the bed!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/HPIM1700.jpg

unicorn
21-Nov-07, 14:35
His feet don't seem to show signs of trying to escape from anywhere? Does he have any nail damage or anything? Lovely to see him home :D

brandy
21-Nov-07, 14:42
nope no nail damage.. they are not even really dirty.. he is just so thin now is the only dif

kriklah
21-Nov-07, 14:42
Excellent news Brandy, wonder what tales he could tell of his adventure!!!

Dadie
21-Nov-07, 16:09
All your wishes must have been answered early by santa to get Burt back!
Spoil him rotten from me...and Lauren

xxx

nanoo
21-Nov-07, 16:17
WHOOPEE!!! SANTA CAME TO OUR PLACE TODAY. My big soft boy is back and i'm absolutely Delighted, Cock-a-hope, Gobsmacked. I just can't put into words how i feel right now. Burt looks none the worse of his adventure apart from being very thin, Brandy and Don have given him a few small feeds, I went to pick him up at lunchtime from them and he came into my house and headed straight for food again, after which he got a sniffing and a licking from Ernie(his brother, who i am more convinced than ever, WAS missing him) after that he had a wonder round the house, had a few more mouthfuls to eat, then headed to his hammock over the radiator where he is sparked out. I will leave him to surface in his own time as i'm sure he is very tired. Brandy has asked us to keep him because she knows we will keep him inside with his brother all the time. Can i just reiterate what Brandy said and thank everyone who helped to look for him and to all the wellwishers on the org who sent their good wishes on him turning up. Thats people power for you. Thanks again. xxxx WHOOPEE!!!

cuddlepop
21-Nov-07, 18:02
I love a happy ending:D

KCI
21-Nov-07, 18:53
Brilliant news!
I've been checking the posts every day to see if there has been any news - so glad he is back.

hell raizer
21-Nov-07, 18:58
im delighted to hear that burt is back home safe and sound :)

Thumper
21-Nov-07, 19:30
Glad Burt has come home!I love it when things turn out alright :) x

lady penelope
21-Nov-07, 19:30
Fantastic news! Glad to hear he's okay. Our family had kept their eyes peeled for him. Welcome home Burt :)

luskentyre
21-Nov-07, 23:33
That's great news! That was 3 weeks he was missing for - wow! It really does show that you should never give up hope.

I've taken him off the Cats Protection website now.

Lolabelle
23-Nov-07, 07:46
:cool: FANTASTIC NEWS ! ! !

Anne x
23-Nov-07, 10:45
Nanoo & Brandy so glad you got Burt back and apart from being thin he is not harmed

Ax:)