PDA

View Full Version : Potential for Flooding

Saveman
20-Nov-07, 14:11
A small loch is developing in the field next to my house. My garden is sodden and it's still raining, though very lightly at the minute.

More rain forecast for tomorrow......are we building up to a repeat of last October?

Tugmistress
20-Nov-07, 15:40
well we are due for a dumping of the wet stuff tomorrow afternoon and overnight tomorrow, but i hope it isn't as bad as last october, they are nearly finished with the landslide at scrabster now and are saying the traffic lights should be gone by the weekend :D we don't want it all on the road again just yet thanks! lol
good luck with the loch saveman, hope it drains away enough today to hold tomorrows rain!

percy toboggan
20-Nov-07, 17:33
Oh blimey!
I've just bought that film - 'Flood' to watch on uz 37th. anniversary tomorrow neet.

I hope it's not a portent !

Does the field usually flood in times of deluge Saveman? Let's hope it stays very localised. Down here in the rain capital of England - allegedly - we haven't has too much to speak of recently. It's more a case of thermal undies than m'mackintosh or so'wester.

As an aside I'm eager to see what the special effects people have done with Wick.

Saveman
21-Nov-07, 16:52
The field has been known to develop a large puddle after a downpour. At the minute it has attracted quite a few scorries......the garden is now worse than sodden...hmmmm hope this rain stops soon.....

Geo
21-Nov-07, 19:53
Driving home tonight on the Camster Cairns road there were lots of deep puddles, one or two reaching from one side of the road to the other. Drive carefully!