PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if....

carasmam
20-Nov-07, 12:45
Balmore will accept 'nearly new' dog toys?

We have a box full of dog toys that Cara has barely played with and rather than chuck them out I thought it would be nice to give them to less privileged doggies, especially with Christmas coming up. :)

nanoo
20-Nov-07, 13:58
carasmam, i think that is a wonderful idea. Good for you. I'm quite sure if you get in touch with Balmore they will be delighted at the idea. Incidentally carasmam, cat also play with toys, especially balls. My own cats play with their toys a lot.

carasmam
20-Nov-07, 14:42
Thanks Nanoo. I'm afraid we dont have cat toys, but maybe someone else is having a clearout :D Maybe Liz could let us know if the CPL would be interested too.

I am trying to make room for the multitude of toys that Cara will no doubt get this year from Santa :roll:

I will phone Balmore later and if they do take them I would be willing to take any donations from the Wick area up when I go.

Allsorts
20-Nov-07, 16:51
I am sure labrador rescue would also take the toys for dogs that they have in foster care. Just a though.

rhino
20-Nov-07, 16:52
similar idea if you have any unused food that your dogs have gone off. Shame to throw them out to waste.

Pets at Home have a charity donation box at the front door.

I am shure all the local charities that use it will be grateful for any donations at this time of year.

carasmam
20-Nov-07, 19:52
Someone has kindly informed me that Balmore will be grateful for the toys.
If anyone wants to add to Cara's collection I will be more than happy to take anything up when I go.
Please pm me :cool:

Liz
21-Nov-07, 13:54
That is a really good idea Carasmam.

I'm afraid Benjy plays with his toys until they are unfit for another doggy!:lol:

Cats Protection will always be glad of donations of toys, food etc.
Especially food!!! We spend thousands of pounds a year on this.