PDA

View Full Version : winter bugs

Dadie
20-Nov-07, 12:14
what winter bugs do i have to look forward to?:(

We have had at least 1 bad cold so far..but I have heard there is a sickness bug and ear infections and chicken pox doing the rounds as well....

aaarrggh!

we will probably catch them all

mums angels
20-Nov-07, 12:17
well my lot have all had a sickness bug , ones had earache and hubby had something like the flu ..but then it could have just been a case of "man flu":lol:

as for the chicken pox ..i'd welcome that , i'v been desperate for my youngest to get it , earlier is better than later :)

candyfloss
20-Nov-07, 12:22
We have this cold bug too, don't feel to bad when i get up in the morning but as the day goes on i feel worse :( hubby has it too and my daughther had it last week.
Hope we don't catch any more bugs:eek:

Thumper
20-Nov-07, 12:29
I have a horrible cold/flu type bug just now,it really is a bad one :eek: Kids had a sickness bug last week as well :( x

shazzap
20-Nov-07, 12:55
Same here feel terrible, felt like this a few day's now. Myvoice is going too.
Although some might say that's a blessing.

:~(

mccaugm
20-Nov-07, 14:01
My family almost never get colds...although I am at a loss as to know why.

I suppose getting plenty of vitamin C, eating well and maybe trying Echinacea Purpurea might help.

Get better soon although those who suffer.

xx_chickie
20-Nov-07, 14:22
I'm definitely suffering just now...real flu-like symptoms :( seems worse than a cold, but not as bad as the flu...get well folks!

Ash
20-Nov-07, 14:24
dont have the flu, but a urine infection, feeling awful :(

shazzap
20-Nov-07, 14:33
I've heard of Enchnacea but whats E Purpura.
What strength and how would you take this please:confused

unicorn
20-Nov-07, 14:36
In the last 2 weeks we have had 2 adults with flu and a child with ear infections and tonsillitis. Lets hope thats it for winter :roll: I have never had chickenpox :eek:

mccaugm
20-Nov-07, 15:17

Not totally sure...I just looked it up online...best bet to check with a herbalist or at a Health food shop.

Shabbychic
20-Nov-07, 16:39
I always take Echinacea tablets during the winter months, and don't have too much problems with colds and flu.

Echinacea helps to build up the immune systenm, helping the body to fight off bugs. It is also great for reducing Lymph Node swellings for people with ME/CFS, or others with swollen glands.

E. purpurea is a variety of the plants used.

You can buy them in most chemists and usually take just one tablet per day. I have found that buying the really expensive ones aren't really any better than the cheaper versions.

It is recommended that you only take them for a month or two then stop for a bit as the body can get too used to them and they don't work as well.

singysmum
20-Nov-07, 16:51
Thanks for all that info Shabbychic - just going onto Zipvit website to order Omega 3, Garlic, Glucosamine and Condroitin so will get Echinacea at the same time and I should spend all winter rushing about like a spring chicken!!:lol:

shazzap
20-Nov-07, 17:45
Thanks for info Shabbychic:)

George Brims
20-Nov-07, 18:49
It's a bonny flower commonly used as a placebo by the gullible.

Dadie
21-Nov-07, 21:51
yup its definately a really bad cold I seem to have lost most of my hearing and my throat is still sore

justine
21-Nov-07, 22:23
we have a case of sickness brewing in the house.Also one has brought the dreaded flu in and i hope it does not go round.In my house it spreads like wildfire...

unicorn
21-Nov-07, 22:26
I hope baby stays clear of it all Justine. Fingers crossed, it is hard enough when they are tiny without them getting ill also :~(

Dadie
21-Nov-07, 22:34
I hope so to it is really nasty and has spread through us like nothing else..
bad enough Lauren getting it at 18months and me being pregnant and only allowed paracetamol without really little ones catching it..