PDA

View Full Version : bad rep - delayed reaction

percy toboggan
19-Nov-07, 18:07
Browsing around my settings this very day I was surpised to see some 'bad feedback' given over the last weekend. I think only the second dollop I've had here to be honest, which is a little surpising given some of my views. I have been very circumspect on 'ere of late.

What did take me aback was the fact it was about something I opined three months ago, the thread has been closed.

I'll not name the gadgey, who is of course entitled to call me whatever he chooses, a rejoinder in the form of a short private message sufficed.

I mention it here because I think it's a tactic which is seldom used - spreading 'bad reputation' I've never done it, never even considered it. If I was to do so howeeer it would be in the heat of an argument rather than many moons later. It truly does take all sorts.:confused

lady penelope
19-Nov-07, 18:12
Unfortunately many people have nothing better to do with their time.Unlike us busy folks who are never on the org.;)
I'm sure lots of orgers love you though and will give you good reps to soothe the bad.:)

changilass
19-Nov-07, 18:16
Percy, maybe the gadgey has only just come across your post and was so incensed that he felt the need to leave bad feedback as the thread had been closed so he couldn't reply to the thread, however he did always have the oportunity to pm you his views which would always be my first post of call.

But, as you say, it takes all sorts. Thers nowt so queer as folk :lol:

unicorn
19-Nov-07, 18:30
Well the bad rep system is there for use the same as the good rep system and I am sure it doesn't say anywhere in the rules that you can only give people good rep. Maybe the person didn't want to pm you as they were not willing to enter into converstion with you, if they felt so strongly against your point of view that they were bad repping you. If you post on a forum you get the good and the bad and everyone is entitled to give their opinion even if it is months after the post was made. I have given good rep for old posts that I have come across that have been helpful. Rep for a post doesn't have to be given whilst the post is still on the first page.

johno
19-Nov-07, 18:37
i , never have & never will bad rep anyone. every body is entitled to their opinion,s and whether i agree or disagree with them that is their choice & they are entitled to form it as i am to mine.

Lolabelle
19-Nov-07, 19:57
I have only ever bad repped someone once, at least deliberately and at the time I felt justified, and still do really.
But I have been bad repped, as in the red square appearring in my User CP, but it had a really nice comment with it, so I hope the red thingy was just a mistake.

ett23
19-Nov-07, 20:06
I know how annoying it is to receive bad rep, not on here but when on ebay - I've had several negative feedback and none were really justified. That's just life - you can't please everybody all of the time, you can only please some people some of the time!! :Razz

Julia
19-Nov-07, 20:09
I've had a few bad reps, who knew my opinion was so wrong! [lol]

I have left one bad rep which I believe to be completely justified but I did it when the thread was 'hot' not some months later.

percy toboggan
19-Nov-07, 20:27
Oh well, never mind. On reflection it doesn't really matter, does it?
Thank you one and all.