PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria's Abandoned Children

angela5
19-Nov-07, 15:35
Did anyone watch lasts night's bulgarias abandoned children?
It was about a childrens home for disabled children... many of them whos only disability was being blind/deaf/slightly autistic (although there were children there with other problems) they were neglected so badly that hardly any of them could talk, they sat and rocked all day long, there were also bed ridden children who looked like they were 2 or 3 years old (but were actually alot older) they were living skeletons, it broke my heart to see it.... how bulgaria is allowed to do this to their children when they are a member of the EU?:(

danc1ngwitch
19-Nov-07, 15:57
i cannot watch such things, and knowing how very real this is it's unbearable.

JammyDodger69
19-Nov-07, 17:18
I've been there and seen it first hand, it's not nice, what is really sad is the black market there, alot of children were giving food and a roof over their heads but were put out to beg to get money, in some cases, childrens bones were injected with bleech to deform them so they would get more money.

When I was there I saw this one kid almost everyday, begging clothes ripped, fingers bleeding really dirty, the day I was leaving I saw him again, clean new clothes the works. I dont know if some kind person bought these things for him or not, but it really makes you think.

starry
19-Nov-07, 17:23
Seeing it first hand must be really harrowing, did you work over there ?

unicorn
19-Nov-07, 17:34
As EU members this absolutely should not be happening. I never saw it but I do remember the programme about the chinese dying rooms and it still haunts me.

JammyDodger69
19-Nov-07, 17:41
Seeing it first hand must be really harrowing, did you work over there ?

No, was a holiday believe it or not, was in a resort surrounded by hotels and bars and places you could eat out at. We were warned while we were there about people will ask to exchange money, given tips to look out for, before I went I actually spoke to someone that had been there before us and he said it was fantastic. I had my eyes opened wide for the two weeks.

parkie
19-Nov-07, 19:52
one of the saddest progs. i have ever watched, the adult carer,s where a disgrace

connieb19
19-Nov-07, 20:08
I agree, it was hard to watch this film. It was heartbreaking to see the way these kids are treated, they have no quality of life at all. It made you feel so helpless. :~(

johno
19-Nov-07, 22:45
we were in Sunny Beach Bulgaria earlier this year, in the main streets it is lovely but if you walk a bit into the back streets you will sure have your eyes opened. thats where the bulk of the begger,s & the poverty is.

larcc
20-Nov-07, 10:52
I watched the programme, very upsetting but they have a petition for downing street set up to try and help!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Children-Dying/

please sign

This another website on the subject of the children where it gives you an insite of what is happening currently.
And other ways to help.
http://www.tbact.org/