PDA

View Full Version : more shops

riggerboy
19-Nov-07, 14:28
another four shops may get built in wick, 1 is suppose to be a garden center, wonder what the other 3 will be ????????
hope 1 is in compition with homebase as the prices never seem to stop going up, 1 tube of silicon £7.50, Rob at the mill sells it £2, 1 tub ready mix filler 5kg at home base £25.00 the mill £18.00 for 20kg
a decent DIY center would be nice

hotrod4
19-Nov-07, 15:05
Hope we get a burger king or macd's but knowing our luck will probably be another chainstore. Hope a local shop moves up there though.

rhino
19-Nov-07, 15:26
burger king would be great !!

heard that they do plan along with matalan jjb and dobbies garden centre maybe,

but like i said only heard this.

What local shop would be able to go up there?

unfortunately there is not many and they are not very appealing compaired to the giants.

would also mean that they would have to stay open at linch times and on sundays, maybe even late nights.

Hibeechick
19-Nov-07, 15:32
would also mean that they would have to stay open at linch times and on sundays, maybe even late nights.

Be more likely the rent etc for a unit that would put them off.

angela5
19-Nov-07, 15:39
A Sports Shop would be great. Also a Shoe Shop something we really need here.

danc1ngwitch
19-Nov-07, 15:47
a brothel might go down well ( is that a shop )[lol] ok bad joke,
but, but ermmmm ok i guna get kicked of the org.:roll:

nanoo
19-Nov-07, 16:57
No chance o' banning you for that Dancingwitch, I had a good chuckle at that, in fact girl --- YOU JUST MADE MY DAY.[lol]:lol:

weeksider
19-Nov-07, 17:35
I heard they are JJB's ,Matallan's , Pizza hut,Garden centre,Next,M & S non foods and 2 others maybe a major shoe shop chain and baby's clothes shop.

unicorn
19-Nov-07, 17:39
Thats way more than 4 shops though? :D

lady penelope
19-Nov-07, 17:54
Yay! I love shops! I think I'll boycott Burger King though!

That's what I miss since moving to Caithness.Shopping!Yay!:)

huh
19-Nov-07, 18:38
Please, no fast food. It's a depressing sight walking around Scotland's cities seeing overweight people munching down on processed meat.

hotrod4
19-Nov-07, 19:55
Please, no fast food. It's a depressing sight walking around Scotland's cities seeing overweight people munching down on processed meat.

Yes please to fast food. Eating too much of it is a personal choice and to be honest can be eaten and made at home.Hope we get something as we have way too many chinese and you cant get chips after 8pm in Wick which is shameful!!!

ett23
19-Nov-07, 20:15
I heard they are JJB's ,Matallan's , Pizza hut,Garden centre,Next,M & S non foods and 2 others maybe a major shoe shop chain and baby's clothes shop.

Sound brilliant - where did you get your info? Hope it's correct. I think we really need Matalan up here and Next is great - especially the half price sales!

*Martin*
19-Nov-07, 22:35
Forget burger king, Mac Ds and Pizza Hut! We need a Subway!

Sapphire2803
19-Nov-07, 22:37
Mmmmm... Subway...

<Drool>

Julia
19-Nov-07, 22:43
Yes please to fast food. Eating too much of it is a personal choice and to be honest can be eaten and made at home.Hope we get something as we have way too many chinese and you cant get chips after 8pm in Wick which is shameful!!!

AFAIK the harbour chippy is open till 9pm, I noticed the sign when I was in the other week :)

quirbal
20-Nov-07, 00:03
The more shops the better, thats what I say.:D

mccaugm
20-Nov-07, 00:15

If it was my choice and this is wishful thinking, I would like Primark, Next, M & S & B & Q.

Dreamweaver
20-Nov-07, 17:08
B&Q would be great. I think we drew the short straw to get Homebase - the choice is so limited and expensive.

Thumper
20-Nov-07, 17:15
I will get shot down in flames but if I had a choice it would be...diechman shoes,brantano,la senza and next :) oh! if there's still space, a matalan would be good too x

mr do dar
20-Nov-07, 19:15
did anyone hear the out come of todays meeting . are we getting new shops in caithness ?

ploo251
20-Nov-07, 21:21
Did anyone hear if the planning for the new retail development next to Tesco in Wick was approved at the meeting today in Lairg?

burstbucker
20-Nov-07, 22:44
Yes, it was approved at todays meeting.

rhino
20-Nov-07, 23:38
great news!, more shops by the summer then........

rfr10
21-Nov-07, 00:03
Great!!! :D

Well, now it will probably end up taking a year for them to build the place but oh well!

Good news! Can't wait!

sharon
21-Nov-07, 01:03
great news! hope its going to be decent shops go in it!!!:Razz

hotrod4
23-Nov-07, 07:13
I am looking forward to the new shops.
One thing though that I would like to see is that the new business' that go in there dont conflict with the local business' on the high street, etc.
It would be great if we got shops that cater for what we dont already have, that way it wouldnt impact on local shops.I personally think that should have been part of the plan.
As an ex-employee of Tesco and a new employee of a local shop I have seen both sides of the coin.There is plenty of shoppers in Wick, I would just hate it if all these units went to chain stores.As we already have a retail park I think it would be a great gesture if part of the plan was geared to help local business' get a foothold in the units. Maybe CASE could get in on the act? Certainly hope the local councillors have the best interests of all concerned at heart. and CASE can assist local business' to compete on a more level footing.

Fran
24-Nov-07, 03:52
The opticians in thurso road, wick are moving to the new shops site. I hope matalan are coming, i love that shop and it has everything

Mr P Cannop
24-Nov-07, 09:58
what shops will be going to wick ??

watman
24-Nov-07, 12:25
Instead of a whole lot of new shops it would be great if we had a decent fitness centre, something like fitness first for example. We are moving back up north from down South and the one thing im really going to miss is a decent gym. It would maybe encourage youngsters to stop hanging around the street wandering aimlessly up and down looking for something to do.
This is something that is lacking in Caithness, although Wick Swimming Pool has some fitness equipment a big fitness centre like Fitness First that has everything would be a huge boost to Caithness

Margaret M.
24-Nov-07, 15:49
I agree with the need for a nice big gym -- I would love to see one there that offers yoga, pilates, aerobic classes, etc. The fitness equipment at the pool is so basic and the room is very small. The old glass factory space would have been a great spot for a nice gym with a basketball court, etc. I'm sure it would be a hit with the teens and from a health standpoint it is a necessity.